Page 67 of 179 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

German, or Geek (which ever you like), the more, the marrier

I won't be on for 10 business days (monday-friday) plus weekends... (14+ days) because I got in trouble at school... i guess y'know what im talking about...

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

Please do be careful mate... keep this up and you won't make it to college...

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Smile

Got fired up. So I made some ship sketch here. The orange part is where the airbrakes are except for FUranha one which I still not sure but I put it in anyway.

I assume everybody here are working on the same game which is Slipstream GX, am I right?

TypeProton: Now THATS what I want to see design wise, and I really love the more unusual designs (the asymmetrical and double decker stand out). Great work! I am really looking forward to seeing these brought into 3D.....make it so

I am being difficult as I am not working on a Wipeout game (my ships fly) but most of the people here are working on the same game. Between your ship designs and the nice menus there is a definite design style starting........bring it on!

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Thank you. But I can't make 3D models. I'll churn out bigger ship details later.

Also some of logos I've made starting with simple designs. There's a problem on font selection on my side which I need to think of it before getting Illustator files to you for use though.
    [Labranth Modular Construction]
    [Terrafirma]

edit : And can anyone do said 'design document'? So we don't have to search this long thread looking for guideline of what we're making.
    Last edited by TypeProton; 18th February 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    @rdmx: I've just figured out what font you've use on this concept ^^ It's Bold Arial with size of 60 points, letter spacing reduced by 70 and letter width increased by 5% Now it's time for font used for game's name...
    EDIT: Hmmmm, not as good as yours but I'm close: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
    Anyway, I've just noticed that u've used side gradient while I've used point one... and I couldn't find this font I was searching for xD Ok, so I can finally make this main menu work...
    The font used was helvetica bold, but since it isn't a free font, arial is kind of close.

The logo was done with a font called 'kunstware'.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Will we be able to use this track in the game? ^.^ mag lock may be needed....
    Track made by me, 3D modelled by Zero3

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I just read through this thread and I think all of your work is very awesome. I wish I could also help you out somehow but I don't have enough experiences in programming, modelling, or texturing I guess
    The only computer-based thing I think I am good at is video editing, so I could create a intro video or a trailer when there are some in-game shots ready in the future.
    I wish I could help you out somehow.

But I will follow this thread with excitement!

Oh and @MyNameIsBom & Zero3: The track looks cool, many details. But I like the first 3 pictures of that track in the nature even more. Would be something new compared to the latest Wipeouts, to race through jungle & green land. Good work

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@Bom: Well, I've messed up this track a little so remodelling it with different environment is needed
    @GermanIstGeek & Docf4or: Well, you guys can make some nice movies/trailers if it's no problem 4 u ^^d

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    I wish I could also help you out somehow but I don't have enough experiences in programming, modelling, or texturing I guess
    )
    It doesnt matter if you can model or not, even i cant
    i cant draw as well, all i do is just gives ideas and let the pros take care of it

Even track ideas help or even logos! Colour schemes or anything, im sure you have some talent that can be helpful to this project

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Wow, alright. Thank you When I have some more time by the end of this week, I will see what else I can do for this project!

Thx for the motivation haha

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Default ps3 cant handle it...

Ah, zone looks se*y!
    More people huh? Thats good!

I gotta do:
    -make track description for cassandra
    -make ship description for solaris (how bout manaka island.. where Pure is held)
    -make track description for atlantica (if still using it...)
    -post helios ship description...

That all?

P.S. Haven't seen F.E.I on lately... did you?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Still here...just that I don't seem to be posting as often as I should...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

F.E.I. saw first and he liked it

"Cassandra: Built into the luxurious fields and the green hills of Iceland. From Vahns peak (my own name (highest point)) down to the starting grid was built, directly on the shape of the earth... like the view?

Welcome to Cassandra"

like it?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Too hard english for me xD but I'll add that maybe avoiding questions in descriptions would make them better

Anyway, I was thinking about relasing SlipStream GX to iOS becouse today's iPhone 4s (i own one) is really strong (i can say stronger than my netbook) and relasing this game (when completed of course) to iPhone would be quiet nice as controls would be easy ^^ (I only need to get Mac pc as I can't build this game on windows... I wanted to get anyway)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Too hard english for me xD ...avoiding questions in descriptions would make them better
    Err, okay...

Too hard? That means it's good!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

That is the best description i've seen, better than the WOpulse ones.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Cool description, I really like it.

Hey is there actually anyone who is kinda like "leading" this project or is having an overview of the tracks/track ideas/ships/ship ideas/race modes etc. ?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Well, I can kinda call myself main programmer of this game (beside Rotational_Aspect which makes this game in Blender) but as for "leading" there is no one chosen (neo xD), everyone works their best and give different ideas which makes game more "random" (different styles of creations) and... better imo Just my thought.
    Anyway... SlipStream GX's Main Menu is running, already working on passing values from screen to screen (Main Menu to Race and viceversa) but nothing if it comes to saving them on disk...
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 26th February 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Anyway, I was thinking about relasing SlipStream GX to iOS becouse today's iPhone 4s (i own one) is really strong (i can say stronger than my netbook) and relasing this game (when completed of course) to iPhone would be quiet nice as controls would be easy ^^ (I only need to get Mac pc as I can't build this game on windows... I wanted to get anyway)
    Android hardware released around 2011 should also be powerful enough for a pocket experience. Or am I being overambitious?

Next,CrossPlay(gets shot)