Page 55 of 179 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

Netbook version: Runs highest graphics with no lag

Normal version: Lags on lowest graphics, and having the trees on... that's suicide

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

It sure is...
    btw. I've spent some time to rotate those nodes so ship doesn't respawn facing wall or worse

Oh, zero about the trees, don't mind about that. There's a much better way of making game trees that don't have a plane for each leave:
    http://www.tconx.net/portfolio/tree/trees_003.jpg
    This is an example...
    There's also this type:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/attachment....2&d=1287565590

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Ahahaha, and how you think I've made those leafs... My time is precious enough to not make every leaf one by one. I've made them in Maya in 7min (this not rhinoceros, THIS IS SPARTA!!!.... i mean Maya xD)
    But second one is not a bad idea
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 13th January 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Very nice! Everyone else has mentioned the problems but the basic game is there....well done!

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    Ahahaha, and how you think I've made those leafs... My time is precious enough to not make every leaf one by one. I've made them in Maya in 7min (this not rhinoceros, THIS IS SPARTA!!!.... i mean Maya xD)
    But second one is not a bad idea
    Well, the trees you showed in that image with shadows were 1poly per leaf trees... There are two ways of making game trees and I put them there. The second one is the most common on wipeout and other racing games, except for rally...

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

They look like this becouse of this texture:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink (it's small but it's enough)
    (which I've made in photoshop too... how can i live without it)
    Sorry if I offended you

LOL, why should I be offended dude!
    Yeah, you're right. Then why do they weight so much? How many did you place?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Maaaaaaany Tree (700 polis) + Leafs (700 polis). I didn't thought about placing them in game but when I was making it when bored I thought how it would have looked like in game as I've found fun thing in spot light options in unity. So I've imported this tree to Unity, placed it around track, used light to make this... light... coming through leafs, set-up animations for this light and some leafs and... you saw what I got xD Just playing around with proffesional tools
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 13th January 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Has anyone used the tree generator in Unity?

Yeah, but they have too much detail for something that's going to only be seen passing by at high speed. If this game was like a rally game where you would have chance of getting in contact with the trees it would be acceptable using the Unity trees. I would go with the planar trees since they're easy to make and require very low processing to render them.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

I used it once too... it sucks It takes too much time to make a simple tree so it's not worth of using (but if there is no other option then it can't be helped )

What? I make two planes in like 15 seconds. And another 30 seconds to place the tree texture! Then I just copy them around the terrain.
    In fact:
    Attachment 2838

This is exactly how they will look in-game. Do you need more than this for a simple scenery object that people don't even pay attention to?
    Last edited by Xpand; 14th January 2012 at 05:45 PM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

(strains his eyes to spot trees on Xpand's image)
    Hmmmmm, yeah, they don't notice them with this lighting, that's for sure Overall, after straining my eyes a little more I can notice really nice image of... hmmm, not sure what is that but I like this atmosphere
    EDIT: I have stuck my eyeballs into my screen and I recalled your... first track you've made I think? (Atlantica)
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 14th January 2012 at 07:54 PM.

Yeah, it's Atlantica alright. I might have to remake the whole track section because I made a lot of irreversible mistakes while building it. Unlike Cassandra where I just had to place the texture on the track for it to be correctly textured, in Atlantica I had to texture every single section of the track, bit by bit and the corner textures don't align... and it's really frustrating...

Contemplating Atlantica again gave me an idea. What if the user could choose to race during the night? Like in the old NFS games?
    Like, for example in atlantica. My initial idea was for a hot summer evening with a beautiful sunset seen from the resort where the protuding track section emerges from and hangs above the ocean from the cliff...
    But seeing the track at night gave me that idea of night racing...
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4...satlantica.jpg
    Last edited by Xpand; 14th January 2012 at 08:16 PM.

I want to race here:

http://boxofjack.com/files/blade-runner-los-angeles.jpg

It would be nice to have endurance races that went from evening into night...would the ships have navigation lights like aircraft?

Yeah, it would seem legit... And also headlights...

Oh and zero do you want cockpits for the ships, like in WO3?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

You mean for from-cockpit-camera ? If yes, then not really as I didn't like it...
    @Aspect: If you want to race there... I'll check what I can do It can be quiet fun to make it possible and then race on it (I'm not kidding)

You sure? I can make them look more or less like this:

Only this is from one of my planes...

Also, you can have the clear view too. WO3 had it... It had cockpit, clear (just the track) and outside camera.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

(oh sh**, how did he do that?!?! That's awesome! Ok, keep cool...)
    Woooo!!.. I mean.. ekhem, it doesn't look bad, yeah, maybe you're right with this cockpit view, it's ok
    EDIT: After modyfing it can be menu music... maybe: Enzimso
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 15th January 2012 at 02:12 PM.