Page 54 of 179 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Physics to make things easier, I'm moving them with proper force and pushing them away from walls when they're too close (it helps them navigating through sharp corners). To turn them... hmmmm, simple like hell method, when node is on the left of ship, HorizAxisInput = -1, and when opposite HorizAxisInput = 1, so it's same script for turning as for player's ship
    (delta location..... eeeeeeeeeeh?)

@Xpand, {deleted} Nevermind, just in places where track is going down you can make walls higher. It would have made things easier a lot, becouse right now it is really easy to fall off the track when it's going down (on straight it's not possible for now )
    If you don't want to, i can just make invisible walls there, hi hi
    btw. This track looks awesome on image you attached some time ago but don't abuse those lights or everyone's computers will explode

EDIT: I'll upload today my new version of game, It would be awesome if you guys could tell me what multiplier should I use for ship's max speed in game, becouse I don't know if it should be realistic or totally from space
    btw. Version with trees or without (for 3x better perfomance)? Version Hard or Easy?
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 12th January 2012 at 06:44 PM.

I would start slow and simple, perhaps rapier speed?

If you put a high detail version up I can see how my GeForce 460 GTX handles things- I can take lots of pretty pictures though.....

Delta location is just a way to describe simple movement without physics. It just relocates an object a set amount in a certain direction. It causes problems as sometimes this teleporting goes into walls.

Out of interest, how do you tell a node is on the left or right? Rays /radar or mathmatically?

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

If this sets my netbook on fire...

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@Killer: It won't Fan will only start to rotate so fast becouse of heat that it'll shatter all components inside and eventualy get outside and shatter everything on its way so there is nothing to worry about.

@Aspect: To check on which side is my target I'm just converting it's transform.position from world coordinates to local and then I'm checking x-Axis of what I got. Function called InverseTransformPoint
    About graphics, it is not so requiring as it looks like so it will work smooth. (but not on netbook! Mine, for instance, is not even handling Most Wanted on lowest settings! )

btw. I'm just rebuilding node system from distance checking to trigger checking so I'll upload it in maybe 1h. (It'll be more accurate) EDIT: Oh, I suppose i have a little problem with that, so it can result in uploading it tommorow...what can be wrong with my script?!?... hmmmmm
    As I thought, placing is working perfect, I just have to fix some bugs that appeared during "converting" and I'll upload it (tommorow)
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 12th January 2012 at 09:49 PM.

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Quote Originally Posted by Killercrusher232 View Post
    If this sets my netbook on fire...
    It's gonna set mine on fire too...

Or make my netbook use "self-destruct" like a pokemon according to Zero...
    Last edited by feisar rocket; 12th January 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Okay, finished my selection screen music. If you, zero, or any one of you guys, want to make one yourself, we'll then choose what adapts more to the game. This music is a bit like the ones in the old racing games (SEGA GT/Early Grand Turismo series) with those menus with the cars silhouettes going by...
    http://soundcloud.com/rbng-1/vivid

I'm now signing off untill next week...

Oh and zero, please remove the trees for now. You want to keep at least 25FPS of frame rate on low end computers...
    Last edited by Xpand; 12th January 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Quote Originally Posted by TrackEditor View Post
    @MyNameIsBom
    Win 7 ???
    Try to update your DirectX version
    (See post #935)
    It requires the latest DirectX 9.0c on 7
    It says i already have the lastest version, and still the program wont start....

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    @Killer: It won't Fan will only start to rotate so fast becouse of heat that it'll shatter all components inside and eventualy get outside and shatter everything on its way so there is nothing to worry about.
    If this makes my netbook fly away...

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Wow great progress everyone! i am rather excited for the zonemode, while i wait i can play WipEout HD Fury on my brother's/my Ps3... but i dont have the disc from my friend yet

@zero3growlithe: remember that track you made for me a while back ago? if mag strips is possible then that track can be used
    Last edited by MyNameIsBom; 13th January 2012 at 10:43 AM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

My newest version of game just to make sure everything is working, so please tell me about everything you guys dislike
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2868527...m_GX_Alpha.rar
    - race can't be finished yet so don't get excited when first xD
    - when last lap is done numbers go up anyway, but when I'll have finish screen done I'll change that
    - to change version, in-game press "T" key for forest version or "R" key for normal version (loaded as default)
    - shooting and destroying ships is available... but I won't tell you which key is for shooting
    - related to above: when one of ships is destroyed placement system freezes... eeeeeh, I'll try to do something with it?
    - player's ship gravity is a little too small so I have to modify it a little later
    Eeeeeeh, I think that's all... maybe I'll remember something later. (Oh, and this is easy version of game)
    btw. It won't destroy your computers xD
    EDIT: This is screenshot of my Task Manager showing perfomance on first version of game and second (only processor is shown though...)
    My CPU is Dual Core 2.4GHz, but game is running on one core only (left inidicator on screenshot).

@Bom:
    I don't have mag-strip done yet (i didn't even begin to make them), but I'll take care of it, don't worry
    btw. What track do you mean? (there was some of them)
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 13th January 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    @Bom:
    I don't have mag-strip done yet (i didn't even begin to make them), but I'll take care of it, don't worry
    btw. What track do you mean? (there was some of them)
    The one with Talons junction's Loop in it

PS> Zero3... My Norton internet security has gone haywire and mental. deleting all the files because it was "unsafe" and filled with "trojans" and "malwares"

What i dont like...
    1. Tracks are way too skinny, or is it the ship has gotten bigger?
    2. When you fall off the track and get respawned, you are always respawned backwards or facing directing at the wall.
    3. energy loss.... i died on the 2nd corner, 1st lap btw. LOL
    4. Still its really easy to jump out of the track, esspecially the last corner...
    Last edited by MyNameIsBom; 13th January 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Lol, man. This is just too cool! The ship handles well, though it seems you got rid of the sliding. Feels a lot like Pulse, actually.

Overall I think you're there!
    One thing though, besides the respawn problem that Bom told. I managed to fly over half the track when I got airborne. Can't you use the Ray detector, that you use to align the ship with the track, to increase the gravity when you go flying off the track?
    I will add invisible walls, though, but the increase gravity thing would be nice...

I guess now we just have to create environment sounds for the countdown and low energy and stuff like that... I can imagine the countdown like the WO2097 guy or the WO3 Curly...

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

I had this gravity ray thing but it was too strong and "fast", so I have to make a little modified script which gradualy increases gravity while off-track so it won't be imediate and will look more naturally.
    btw. Uploaded version with more energy and "change scene" thing repaired. It's in previous post.
    And yeaaaaaaaaah, respawning sucks as I'm just too lazy to go through 23 nodes to change their rotation one by one...
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 13th January 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    I can imagine the countdown like the WO2097 guy or the WO3 Curly...
    i made my own countdown noise

so who is going to be brave enough to record there voice doing the countdown? xD

ehhh, the game doesnt start.... the countdown wont begin is what i meant

heres a pic of my CPU, seems like it makes it go kinda crazy...

and my computer's specifications....
    Last edited by MyNameIsBom; 13th January 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Yeah, I guess we could just use beeps. You can do that fast in a sound editor...
    But yeah zero, you're a hell of a programer! I would say that the basics of the game are done. Now its more bug fixes and adding visual and audio stuff to it. And the menus, must not forget about that!

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

Can you put the game somewhere less likely to be filtered? (i'm at college, this may be my only chance to play because these computers are good)

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Doh, Photoshop, we need to meet again... I'll come with Bamboo Tablet.

@Killer: Where do you want it then?

Timezone
    GMT + 12

@zero3growlithe, game wont start.... the countdown wont begin fo me :/
    but yeah pretty much, as xpand said all the basic is nailed spot on or "close enough" *meme* (refer to picture below).

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

Do you think you'd be able to get it on the forum?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Hmmmm, It's Big, way to much according to WZ rules.
    @ Bom: Just check it again or download it again, I'm sure it's working.
    btw. Netbook Version (works smooth on my netbook)
    - excludes A.I
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 13th January 2012 at 01:47 PM.