Page 5 of 179 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

There's some decent stuff there. If you can export the vehicle to a .obj you might one day see it running around a track in realtime.

This may help you Xpand-

http://download.blender.org/document...materials.html

zero3growlithe: Nice- keep at it!

Thanks! But I got it... I used a python script... The only thing I have to correct is a slight sliding of the ship when the track tilts sideways.

Being cheeky now, but could you post the blend file that deals with movement? I'd be interested in to it works with Python (i'm currently learning to program with it).

Here's a file with the code.
    For the codes to work on blender you have to past them on the text editor and edit such things as "properties" and stuff..

Thanks for that!

I just spent an hour chasing an optical illusion. I thought my craft weren't progressing around certain curves at a constant speed but it turns out that a combination of floating them a constant speed above the track and tilting them back to pitch up was producing the illusion that they were slowing down inside the corners.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Nexekho:

Here is the Quirex-RD.obj (Saved as NURBS & for windows - writing just in case)

http://rapidshare.com/files/416307236/Quirex-RD.rar

I can't get any of my software (Blender, NifSkope, Lithunwrap, my own mesh converter OBJ2MSE) to read it. Looking through it, there aren't any normal triangles, just bsplines, which are currently unsupported by most graphics cards and as such most programs don't even try and parse them. Rhinoceros looks like an interesting package nontheless.

(image is 5kb, way within rules)

Try exporting a polygon mesh, this should convert the curves to approximations made from triangles which are GPU-renderable. The newlines thing is because .obj is a text based format and different OSes interpret different things as newlines. DOS/Windows expect a carriage return and a line feed (harking back to the days before screens) whilst Unix likes a line feed only and the Mac option refers to pre-OS X Macs which used a carriage return only. OS X is Unix-based and uses a line feed.

Sorry.
    Last edited by nexekho; 31st August 2010 at 07:59 PM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

(Don't hiding... i'm green in what you wrote to me)

http://rapidshare.com/files/416318397/Quirex-RD.rar

Exported to (how i understood)....
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 31st August 2010 at 08:47 PM.

No, I'm not using Linux, but whoever made that screenshot (I don't have the software) wants Linux newlines. Most programs can handle any kind now anyway.

That works great, when I upload my next video I'll use that model, thanks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Wait.

Is this three (four?) people making individual games?

I am confused.

Pretty much Darkdrium777, which I think is a good thing as a) team co-ordination is difficult over the internet b) projects take time some of us really dont have, so we can work and learn at our own pace. Lastly, our 'vision' of what we want is probrably different too.

And eventually you may have four games to play, rather than one

Yeah, but we all know mine's best just on principle.

Did a bit of UI design today. (image is 10k, don't worry)

Here's a preview of how it might look:
    http://i53.tinypic.com/2a4sk1j.png
    Last edited by nexekho; 1st September 2010 at 04:44 PM.

I hate to double post, but I want Zero3Growlithe to see his 17000 polygon model bouncing around my intentionally rough track. It's mostly working now, just got some organisational problems to solve in the physics (some things happening in the wrong order, etc.) which cause a slight blip every time the car runs over a track border. But other than that you can see it's handling pitching, rolling, flight, hovering and drifting quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOZgD...=youtube_gdata

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Look's great. I can't wait for the finishing project

Cool!

Now are you going to have WO numbers of enemies or do FZero numbers? 50 opponents is always mad (got to love those FZero X moments)

I think it'd be dependant on the track; some really wide tracks more like F-Zero would be capable of supporting more vehicles (and to be honest there's no in-engine limit as it is; just what you can fit in memory) and the smaller Wipeout-like tracks would probably be limited to similar numbers such as 6-12. It's all down to the people who make the tracks, what they think works best.

Wow, nice! Is that a bump map that I see!?

No bump maps yet. I do have bits of pipeline for writing a deferred renderer. The plan is that at the end I'm going to build in cone step mapping for the track and global normal/specular/glow maps as well as a crude HDR.

Track editing?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDFKb...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by nexekho; 2nd September 2010 at 06:47 PM.