Page 41 of 179 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

That's cool, does it use the track's mesh to guide itself? or you still need nodes?

From what I have read, you have to make a mesh for it to use (the mesh has to be unbroken). It also allows for obstacle avoidance, which is a bonus.

Small update: after having major problems understanding certain things with a script, a kind soul has made me a object selection script- and it is. Now all I need to do is pick it apart and see how it ticks.....

Nice! You'll use that to select the ships?

Thats the plan!

Hi all!

Feels like I've been away for a looong time! I think I have managed to make a decent ship select method now: it does the following:

> user clicks on the button that represents the ship they want to fly
    > more buttons pop up showing the choice of weapon
    > the weapon is parented to the ship

TODO:

> set the camera

If anyone wants this, let me know and I will post the .blend. How is everyone else getting on by the way? Its lonely here

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

I got so sucked in LBP2 that i can't do anything else... maybe if i'll achieve my objective which is to make this game, then maybe i'll be able to detach from this game xD

OK, fixed cameras. Now I can set various pre-defined views.

Next task: somehow set handling characteristics per ship. I have a few ideas on how to do this so see you all (or you, zero3growlithe) soon!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

It's so awesome that you spent so much time on making this game ... i wonder if i will ever finish my version But as i said, i'll see when i have my game finished after... 2 weeks? Maybe more... already have basic logic for ship xD (Off-topic!!!)
    Rotational_Aspect: Keep it up

I presume you can't use official wipeout ships for your game. Here are some new ones I designed if you'd like to use them

Team Deltra
    Manta Industries
    Griffon Antigrav
    Illustron Technologies

Images attached:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nismology; 5th October 2011 at 10:05 PM.

zero3growlithe: Things are moving along (slowly!), but I will keep going! When I have a working shell I will do a mega post of all the bits so people can use them.

nismology: Nice designs! They are not in the direction I am going with my version (check old posts for those) but thats no reason for you not to make them in 3D / make your own game!

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Default Might be useful....?

hello guys, I'm doing a Graphics project at school constructing a new WipEout Track and a new team and this is what I have done so far on the track....

please provide feedbacks!

Certainly looks a good start, look forward to seeing the track decorated. Is the goal of this project to make something for realtime games, or pre rendered?

PSN ID
    apemax18

Great designs nismology. Also great track design MyNameIsBom.

I finally finished the Lego version of my Wipeout ship the AP-AG Racer.

https://sites.google.com/site/apesst...ls/ap-ag-racer

Still need to finish the 3D model of it and carry on with the track i'm trying to make.

Nice Lego work apemax!

Micro update:

Work is going well on my ship select. I have now got a speed indicator on in-cockpit and 3rd person views, along with a system that changes the top speed/ handling depending on what weapon you are carrying (due to the weapons weight).

I have also begun designing a system so that each ship will have 1 script that defines speed, handling etc rather than several smaller scripts doing the same thing.

Onward

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Hey wheres zero3growlithe? hes a pretty good contributor to this thread.

And is it possible to import GoogleSketchUp Models into Blender/ whatever programs you guys are using/ If so i can finish off decorating my track and post the file for you guys to import into your programs and use it?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Some time ago i've sent this to feisar_rocket too:
    http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/bl...kmz-models.php
    btw. Thanks for nice words
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 15th October 2011 at 01:03 PM.

MyNameIsBom: Blender can import COLLADA (.dae) files directly. I imagine mapping is also imported too.

EDIT:
    My experiment in having one script per ship is not working out so back to the drawing board.......but I fixed some problems along the way though!
    Last edited by Rotational_aspect; 15th October 2011 at 05:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

.dae files? never heard of them.... bad news is that i cant finish off my track now the files were saved in the school system and you see im kind on a holiday.... so i wont be able to continue on it till next week

one more question is GoogleSketchUp able to save models as .dae files on the program?

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Its been awhile. I was working on an abriged series... well what did I miss? What should I do? I can make computer voices with my own voice but... idk, should I? I have a power point to make for class so i can't do much.

Oh yeah, I should relax... Well I drew a ship and it looks like a fury feisar - W'O 3 Icarus hybrid...

I was listening to some songs and one song sounded so sweet with a quick game of Pulse. Oh well, I'll never know it's name.