Page 170 of 179 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Wow It's there. Totally unexpected. Thanks a bunch!!!!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

No worries, I'll sort out another in a couple of months. I see it as a sound investment
    Last edited by Colonel; 1st December 2013 at 01:47 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I don't know who is responsible for what with the SSGX project, but I have a design degree and I specialize in graphic design. I'm also currently in school for my second degree which is in Computer Science (programming, web development, etc). Anyways, I specialize in the marketing, logo, and branding fields with a certain flair for Illustration.

If you guys need any help at all with graphics, please let me know! I'd love to help!

~mannjon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey mannjon. Thank you for the interest in SSGX

Yes, we can never have enough 2D-arts and people behind it to get a wide range of variety when it comes to advertisement, billboards, animation and design. I think the best step for you to take is going into this forum:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...ibution-Thread

And there you can show us some of your current work and we and all other people on the forum can give you some feedback

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hello people,

a year has passed now and we would like to hear how you think about SlipStream GX, and the way we present progress. And like I already wrote on our Facebook page, there will be a little bonus in form of exclusive development pictures if you like to take a few minutes and fill up this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-u3...4Dks4/viewform

Happy new year to all of you and may your dreams come true!!! And thanks alot for this phantastic support!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I can't choose Zombie mode and Velocity mode?

P.S. Kealakekua Bay is looking wonderful, I can't wait for the night mode here, it will be lit up with all those bright colorful lights starting to appear around the track. Reminds me of a Sinucit-like aesthetic feel there, and I love it.
    Last edited by DDD113; 31st December 2013 at 04:59 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

U can say "Other" and write both of em down

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Ehh, you now know what I would have put anyway, so I won't fill out another form just to change it.

Edit: 400th post!!!
    Last edited by DDD113; 31st December 2013 at 05:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I've just been reading the 'what would a new wipeout game look like?' thread and someone brought up the idea of resurrecting the replay function. I actually think this would be a very cool idea, to have a simple replay mode, like that of WO3, but allowing you to select internal, chase, or trackside view (with the trackside view constantly changing as it did in WO3). Also, in addition to just watching your replay after a race, you could have the option to save it to the 'SSGX Data' folder like the screenshots, and then upload and share them with others. This would be really nice for people like me whose computers barely eek out SSGX in it's full potential, and cannot run a video capture program and SSGX at the same time. It would also just make it easier for people to save and upload race videos to Youtube and other sites, spreading the word about SSGX.

We do have a replay function as a future option for the game. We only need to figure out an efficient way to implement it, codewise.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

That would be really cool, and a lot of fun to easily share videos and watch your performances after races. Hopefully it will work out!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I just wanted to inform you guys that we received another very big donation for SSGX! Thanks for every donator so far! This amount of trust really means alot to us.

Currently we are at 15% of goal for a Unity Pro licence.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I can't believe how much I've missed this.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Keep on it, everyone! We can do it!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I had an idea that could add a new tactical twist to the gameplay:
    Different colors of weapon pads, sort of like 2048.
    Red (with a touch of orange) - Offensive
    Green (which a touch of yellow) - Defensive
    White (with a touch of blue) - Combined (rare)

The blue ones could give you any weapon, defensive or offensive, and would make track splits more interesting. One might only have a defensive pad, while the other might have a combined pad and some speedpads, but be a little more difficult to navigate (while at the same time providing a better entry into the next corner)

Yeah that's not gonna happen. We'd have to rewrite almost all the weapons' mechanics and when I say we I mean the couple of programmers we have and they have enough on their plate already.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Awws... *sad wolf* ...I wanted to contribute something.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Standard rules for contribution ideas: Keep the game's ideals, and don't overhaul anything. We're too far into this process to overwork major aspects of it, and we don't need any sporadic radical changes, so keep that in mind with your suggestions.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Well written, Davy. Guess that sums it up.

SSGX is not a imaginative game idea any more. We are already deep in the development process. We talked alot before, and we made decisions. Some of these decisions should not be changed any more, otherwise we will never finish the game. And yeah, no matter what you create or do, you can never satisfy everyone.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I think it is time to give you guys a little update about what is going on behind the scenes in SSGX. It became a bit quiet now, but that doesn't mean we're unproductive.

First of all, for those who don't visit Facebook: Ric is designing the "Indigo Raceway" at the moment. It is an oval track and will be the place for the Tutorial, where Carlos will teach new people the basics of SSGX. See some pictures here:
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ak-d77fr7w.jpg
    http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...04005890_o.jpg

Also the script for Carlos has been written, Bruno is up to record the voices soon so the programming of the tutorial can happen after that. Another thing is Khimera One. One of the two last prototypes is currently in development. Here is a photo of it's recent look:
    http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75933308_n.jpg

We are also discussing the new website and are implementing a database. We are not sure when this is done and I can't make any promises as of yet, but we might be able to have a basic version of leaderboards ready once the next demo is out. So you guys can share and face each others lap/race times. Other things that experience an overwork are the ship lights and flares, the menu, the music player since it will be possible to create and edit your own play list, quite a handful of achievements are programmed already aswell.
    We are also discussing the tracks Basin Park, Basin Park Hill and Hubian right now. Than might be able to aid us up with new concept art for Hubian soon, and Bruno has some nice videos of Rio ready, which will serve as a reference for the Basin tracks.

We also received another donation and are now at around 280€.
    As you can see, we are of course still working on SSGX, just there isn't anything to show right now