Page 168 of 179 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Additional info to point 1 - The Atom makes Magnets fall off your ship, so you could say it protects you from Magnets. But the purpose of the Atom never has been protection anyways. It's more useful when you enter a tricky track section where you usually collide with the wall

As for the other bugs, very strange indeed. Especially the menu thing. A picture, or even a short video, would help us alot in checking out what is really going on.

For the Tractorbeam: Go on an easy AI alpha speed class race and try it one more time just to make sure. The Tractorbeam doesn't lock on to phantoms so maybe your latest victim was actually a bait, produced by the Phantomizer?
    Here, again, would be helpful if you could somehow record what is happening. It doesn't need to have HD quality or anything, only so we can actually take a look.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Great work guys! Are there any future plans to upload times?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

I was wondering about them because I do have some that have never been reported... don't know why, I figured maybe it's a compatibility issue? (I knew you guys wouldn't mess up the buttons without realizing it, that's what made me wonder) It seems that the Atom does prevent tractor beam lock ons, though, kind of interesting. I'll download the demo to a different user on my computer and get back to you. Thanks for hearing the weirdness!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Tractorbeam locks-on to all ships except for phantoms and phantomizer users, it does lock-on to atom users.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

It's a miracle! When I downloaded the demo to the other account using a different web browser, it works flawlessly. The tractor beams lock on perfectly, there is no roughness in the jump at DC, and the menus run fine, working as they are supposed to. I really have to say, guys, now that I got the bugless version of the demo working, you have done an AMAZING job. It is absolutely stunning, a blast to play, no more complaints from here! Wonderful work, I will be entertained for months, keep it up guys! (and thanks for bearing with me )

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

How do you guys even download from Google Drive? I tried but nothing happens at all. I'm trying to download the 64 bit DX11 one.

EDIT: Got it. And holy crap! Lovin' it so far. I'll come back shortly with all my feedback.
    Last edited by AGSys; 19th October 2013 at 05:30 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Nice to hear the bugs disappeared/the download works and that you guys can enjoy it

@DDD113: Maybe you had the wrong OS-architecture version running?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Well thanks for not mentioning the FREE WALLPAPERS that come with the demo!! They are awesome, though they do look a bit like the WipEout HD wallpapers that was available for download on their site.

EDIT: "Unlocking Unlockables Unlocks Locked Unlockables"

I have no idea how to respond to that.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 19th October 2013 at 12:32 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I've just uploaded some footage to my channel, hopefully this'll help to get a bit more attention

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue was, maybe I just have too much stuff on my primary account and it couldn't process it right... no idea, but oh well, it works now, so I am satisfied.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    KamatsuKyoto

I have to congratulate the team responsible for SlipStream GX. I already know the project since it was just a topic and did not expect it to become so awesome.

It was through the video above posted by Hellfire_WZ (which has a great YouTube channel, btw ) that I saw how amazing this game is getting! The fidelity with the Wipeout games series is superb. I really want to help with the project any way i can!

I work with games, more specifically with Game Design. I have a game studio and work with Unity too, but at the moment we have been busy with many projects (advergames), so I can't relocate my team to assist in the game, but I personally want to help in any way I can.

So i can assist in Game Design in general, Level Design / Track Design, history, plot, teams, drivers. All in a matter of ideas and layouts, because unfortunately I am not an artist, if i was i could help in art and modeling. I can also help in the audio in terms of voices (male and female voices for narrators/advertisers, HUD and pilots).

I can also offer a new site and free hosting if you guys are interested. I saw that the website is in java and this is not the platform more user friendly, imo (mainly for mobile). I like to use Wordpress for it versatility and ease to install and update, mainly for users who has no knowledge or experience with websites.

Then there is my congratulations and my offerings for the project. :-)

Hey! Thanks for the interest! We can talk better about this in Skype (so we don't flood the thread and get lost in between posts), with the SSGX team, PM me your skype name and I'll add you to the group.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Okay, so explain to me exactly what the Atom does and doesn't do. It says on the website that it is a temporary new ship surface that lasts for six seconds and reduces all friction so you can hit walls without losing speed and your overall top speed increases. It also says that it protects the ship from EMPs, Impulse Blasts, Magnets, Mines, and Tractortraps. I just want to clarify the functions it performs, please tell me which of these are true, which are not, and if there are any other changes to the weapon. Thanks for your time.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Hey, had a quick play of the new demo. Noticed some issues relating to input that are probably not bugs but rather simple oversights. Just to let you know:

Firstly, for people who want to do a lot of remapping, the current interface is slow as you have to scroll down every few lines to get to the next set of buttons. Would be better if everything was visible at once; doesn't have to be in a list format.

Secondly, "sideshift -" and "sideshift +" are not good descriptors - would be better if they were labelled sideshift left and sideshift right.

Thirdly, I'm using an X-input compatible controller, and in menus I have to use the controller's joystick to navigate, even though the default keyboard controls are there for up down, etc... The D-pad also does not work. Also, rather frustratingly, the joystick must centre right in the middle before you can navigate to the next selection. Would be good if there was a large deadzone or some other fix in menus.

Lastly, better nomenclature should be used and more/streamlined options provided in the input selection menu. For example, "escape" is both the menu button while racing and the back button in other menus. Would be good if you used a more standardised/less contextual scheme, so it would make a tad more sense to people who want to change controls for the first time, and also for familiarity with typical console gamepads. I mean, if I wanted the O button to be back as it somewhat commonly is with the current control scheme, it would have to be the start menu OR be both absorb and start. This is restrictive.

Gameplay seems unique after five minutes or so of play; hard to get used to from WipEout, as I've loaded this up on my HTPC with Pure and Pulse on it, which I've been playing a little recently as well. Obviously not enough time to critique in any real detail, but one thing that stands out to me from the beginning is how far in the centre of the screen the ship is. IMO it would feel more comfortable being lower/closer to the screen edge, but that's just me.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

I can't change the appearance of unity input settings and writing my own input options in-game would take a lot of time for something you do once. I don't have control over PS3 or other controller so I can't detect whether u'r using d-pad or something else. Back button will be added as supposed to in menus.
    As for camera I plan to add the possibility to adjust height and distance from ship.
    Don't expect those changes to pop-up anytime soon.

@DDD113: Atom only protects you from magnets and friction and this is what it was supposed to do from the beginning. Someone was supposed to change the description but seems like it was too much to do.
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 21st October 2013 at 06:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Alrighty, thanks for the clarification, I was just confused, but it's all good now!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Just a suggestion as far as gameplay goes. I think the Impulse Blast is a bit too powerful, in Gamma class it tends to send me careening halfway across the map, sometimes even landing on other sections of track! (that part could be solved with more restrictive respawn areas, i.e. the ship can't go very far from the track it's on without respawining) I think this could be fixed by reducing the blast force but adding a slowdown effect after the initial blast. This way, it is still a powerful weapon, but not quite as violent and unpredictable. Also in closing, I would like to retract my statement about the ships needing to turn more. Once I have played through the entire demo in Gamma class, I believe that the ship physics are solid, and do not need changed.

P.S. Go iFreet, die LOGOS!!!

Edit: Also just wondering on the side, what software/program did you guys use to create some of the music you have, because I know some of you have created tracks.
    Last edited by DDD113; 27th October 2013 at 01:47 AM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Just something I noticed when looking at my video again - it seems that using the Phantomizer on a night track also knocks out your headlights while active. Will double check this when I can.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@DDD13: All I can say is that the music from Xpand [RBnG] is created with the aid of Fruit Loops. But I am not sure about that so better ask him directly. All other music doesn't come from the team.

@Hellfire: The headlights will get turned off indeed, but that was made on purpose. Imagine a multiplayer match against your friend and you use the Phantomizer. Now, the bait doesn't have headlights so you could unveil it when your friend uses the Phantomizer. But usually, unless you hold a Missile which needs time to lock on, people usually don't take a closer look if anything on their potentional victim looks suspicious [even now they have a reason for doing so]. But: When you see clear and bright headlights without a ship [or only a vague blue body], your camouflage is instantly discovered.
    This makes the usage of the Phantomizer a bit more advanced, especially on dark sections of night time tracks. In case it gets too tricky to fly an almost invisible ship at night without headlights, we gotta find some solution, like a temporary night vision or something. But for now, we want to see how the people are getting along with the pickups and soaking in feedback

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Ah, I see. Thought I'd flag it in case it was an oversight I was lucky in that I had the other craft to navigate by, I could imagine the case of someone on their own going "Oooo, what does this do?...FUUUUUUUU *crash*"