Page 167 of 179 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

We have no plans for putting it into any major game distributor, especially for PS Store, that's like jumping from a cliff with no chute and hoping the ground is soft.
    We also have no plans to make it for any platform other than PC.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Are you guys planning to make a printable manual when the game actually comes out? If you are, I advise you to read the manual from the original WipE'out". It contains all the stats and facts that you could ever need, and detailed information on the world of AG racing. You could insert a few more (color) pictures, but please if you make a manual, do it like that one, with tons of backstory, stats, and explanations. It just makes you burn to play the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey,
    yes, these are the exact visions I have for the manual. In fact, this demo will also have a printable manual already and color pictures. But there is only details about handling, weapons etc. The basics you need for racing, so to speak, since this demo does not contain any story etc.
    But the final manual will be like that and more

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

That's fantastic, just made my day. Can't wait for the demo and the game, keep the awesomeness flowin!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

The demo has been deployed! Make sure to grab a helmet first before you download and execute it!

There are versions for:
    - Mac DX11
    - Windows x86
    - Windows x64
    - Windows x64 DX11

For more info, visit our website
    www.slipstreamgx.com

You can find your download in the "Downloads" section [I know, very hard to guess that ]
    Have fun!!!

And feedback is highly welcome, you can even find a form for that in the package!

The new build is ACE! Congrats guys!
    I noticed that you changed the handling drastically as well- it'll take some getting used to but I like it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

hmmmm, where is this mac version?
    trying to download it gives me; "sorry an error has occurred, retrying"

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

If gDrive displays an error, click the blue button on the lower right to download.
    If the Mac version does not start, unpack the archive using Stuffit Expander.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

ah yes 'twas the google drive being derpy
    Thx and stuffit, that app is older than me, memoires

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Initial impressions:

- love that absorb noise!
    - like the launcher icon.
    - I wish the airbrakes were more effective. Doesn't feel like they do much at all.
    - when using analog steering, I wish the craft would hit 'full lock' earlier than it does. Seems to be set up for digital right now, and it feels kinda unresponsive as a result
    - I maintain that the weapon icons are not as clear as they could be. I also think having the icon white, and the background be red/green/blue would be a good start, as it's kind of hard to read.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

You guys got music from CoLD SToRAGE!? Didn't know he was still letting people use his music, lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

He made this tune especially for SSGX

@rdmx, thx for the feedback, we'll take it all in consideration

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

Same as rdmx.

- I think the handling and the aibrakes should be a little bit more responsive, although both are really good in the current demo.

- Concerning the items icons, it's a difficult matter. The icons are cool and and clearly visible in daylight, but too dark on night mode. Maybe doing like rdmx suggested is a good solution, and maybe set the position of the icons lower on the HUD.

- There's also a problem in speed lap mode. The times displayed by the HUD are a little messy. Sometimes, the HUD shows something like this :
    LAP 7 : XX:XX
    LAP 5 : XX:XX
    LAP 6 : XX:XX
    or
    LAP 10 : XX:XX
    LAP 11 : XX:XX
    LAP 9: XX:XX
    It's a little bit frustrating if we add the fact that the times on the HUD and the on the session screen are sometimes totally different. I noticed a difference of 1.9s between my best lap on the HUD and the same lap on the session screen. Oh and it would be better if have the current session best time displayed (just an idea).

-A little problem on endurance too. Happened on Cassandra night, beta class. Finished one lap ahaead of everyone but classed 5th. I saw my position shifting to 6th every time I crossed the starting grid and revert back to first after I crossed the finish line. Happened only once, but it could come back.

Great demo, guys ! Both tracks with day and night are really enjoyable and crossing the forest by night on Draco Cav' gives a wonderful feeling of speed. I'll see if I can do some works of background (inspiration is comng back).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

hmmm, dreadofmondays…. both of those suggestions were correct, although i did have stuffit, it used unrarx (my default) to extract and you were right, didn't run, not a major issue, but odd, not everyone has stuffit as their extractor, so they might end up thinking it's bugged, while in fact it's not ^^

and, although there's loads of instructions on the web, the document for controller setup is the one for windows, although it's just a matter of pairing using bluetooth (and resetting the controller)

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 18th October 2013 at 05:37 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey Mika,

thx for your big feedback Am glad you enjoy it for the most part, hehe.

About the speed lap time displaying:
    You have 3 slots for lap times, they will always be written from up to down. So on lap 5 for example, you have 3 slots written [first 3 laps], and lap 4 did overwrite lap 1, so lap 5 did overwrite lap 2 and it looks like this now:
    LAP 4: XX.XX
    LAP 5: XX.XX [counting here]
    LAP 3: XX.XX

I hope that explains
    But of course you are right, the rounding of the numbers is something that we are going to fix for the future

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

It explains, doc !^^

Hmm, I agree with Rdmx and Mikahail that the airbrakes probably should do a bit more, but other than that I do really like the changes to the handling. I'm just keeping away from the heavier-handling craft for now because they rely a lot more on the airbrakes.

I also really like the inclusion of night flights. It mixes things up a little!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Overall, great demo, guys. Only a few little bugs, and I agree that the airbrakes and steering should be more effective. The bugs that I've encountered consist of:

1. The Atom doesn't protect you from some weapons (i.e. rockets and missiles)

2. Sometimes the ship gets stuck with its nose digging into the track and driving really slow at a weird angle after going off the jump in DC. It's not common, but does happen, and takes half a lap to reset.

3. The menu buttons are off, each actually corresponds to the one above it (if you click "event", you go to campaign, or after a race, if you click "back to menu", you restart the race.) This one, while it is able to be dealt with, is very annoying at times.

4. My tractor beam doesn't lock on to anything, no matter what I do. Even if I get it right on a ship, it doesn't lock, making it useless.

Aside from these bugs, it is a fantastic demo, and will provide entertainment for quite awhile. However, if you fix these bugs, it would be almost perfect.

1) The Atom isn't supposed to protect against weapons.

2) That is very strange because it hasn't happened to any of us since like a year and a half ago

3) Another weird bug that never happened to us. And it's very strange because the menu is the first thing we see, we would notice that in a flash, a lot before releasing the demo.
    Can you show it in a pic?

4) Yet another bug that never happened to anyone in the team.

You have a pretty odd list of bugs, lol. We'll look into it.