Page 164 of 179 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 7

I thought some of you didn't use Facebook. So an eye candy for you.
    Draco Cavernae's spectator stand. The track is nearly finished.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Don't go overboard in the HDR department, guys

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    Sounds fresh, I like it. Gonna download it and add it to the "big list" [where ALL music goes until the rest of the game is done - then we decide how many tracks to include and which to make the cut]! So, no fear to post musics
    Where is the big list?

So far we don't have a general list, just a bunch of files in a folder.
    However we do have some of them in our soundcloud page:
    https://soundcloud.com/airtime-productions-devtm

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Testing ships stats on hardest track so far in SSXG

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I've been lurking in this thread for quite some time now. I must say, the progress you guys have made is amazing ^_^ Can't wait till it is officially released!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thanks alot Well, the officially final release is still far in the future, but we plan to release a new demo this summer including more tracks, ships, AI and maybe weapons aswell
    Thanks for lurking and staying interested

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

This is a really awesome test run. You can feel the sense of speed in the ships. I assume you'll be adding more things like HUD disruptions and motion blurs to enhance the looks? I feel like this is a perfect mix of all the WipEout games made so far (which sorta makes it the best kind of fan-made game ). It's got the first game's levity when you're in the air and also the acceleration is very similar in some cases, it's got a mix of Pure and Pulse's turning physics, and it's got a mix of Fusion/HD's environments. Damn impressed right now. Just a question though, are you going to change the way the BRs look when executed? As it can be seen in the video, they turn a bit more than 360 degrees when the ships are about to land and sparks come out when they make contact with the ground which (I presume) will affect your speed. (Or is that the double BR thing that people kept mentioning?)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey, thanks for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys View Post
    I assume you'll be adding more things like HUD disruptions and motion blurs to enhance the looks?
    Yeah, we wish and plan to. Unfortunately, Unity Free is very limited when it comes to image effects [no dof, no blur, no heat distortion] so that is another reason why we need Unity Pro, to give SSGX the details in looks that it needs to not come across "flat". We will include a donation button on our homepage soon for the first move so every helping hand is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys View Post
    (Or is that the double BR thing that people kept mentioning?)
    Don't worry, the speed on landing will barely be affected if you successfully performed a BR. And yes, this is at one part a preparation for the multi barrel rolls, on the other side we had the feeling that the br's in WoHD looked a bit "static & programmed" so we added some more physics to it like overturning on rotating.

I like how the brs look now. Also, blur I felt never added anything to wipeout, just a false sense of speed, and making the background look worse while you are doing it. The older games the turbo just looked fast, and the background still looked nice.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

True, we will take care not to extravaggate with this tools in case we can access them some day. Blur I think could happen on the overall screen shortly when a missile or rocket flew into your ship - next to the above mentioned heat distortion and some nice explosion

We have a donation button on our website.
    If anyone wants to help us gather enough money to get Unity Pro you can use that donation button!
    Lots of cool stuff awaits if we end up getting Unity Pro!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah, don't know why you guys didn't go with UDK in the first place... It's completely free without limitations like Unity, and remains free if your game is noncommercial. $1500 is a hefty price to pay. :/

UDK was a considered (I have it installed) at first but the thing is a nightmare to work with, plus it's very innefficient at using the computer's performance if you don't know how to use UDK well. It would be a good choice had we already have any experience at game making and working with UDK.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Don't know if this has been addressed at some point already, but does this game live up to it's name in any regard? I.e., if you can play against AI or, if there's multiplayer, other people, can you get a speed boost by hanging in their slipstream? Don't even know how that would make sense with rocket boosters firing spent fuel in your face at the same time, but was still curious.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Slipstreaming is on the list. But we also gotta check if it is even working. While it makes fully sense in Nascar races for example, where you can hang onto other ppls arses, do bump drafts and slingshots, this all seems to be a bit hard for such an agile racing game like SlipStream GX. But it is on the list and once we got the code ready for it, we will see how it looks and feels...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I'll probably donate a few euros when I can. You guys are doing such a great job on this project.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thank you so much!! Every bit helps

Timezone
    GMT + 12

You guys could think of some fundraising projects to earn the money towards Unity. You could sell stuff, do the classic lemonade stand? etc. etc.
    I will hopefully be donating some money in the future now that I have a job

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thank you man. Every single donation helps. If many ppl donate just a little bit, nobody has to donate much

We also discussed kickstarter but came to the conclusion that currently SSGX is in an early stage and we are not sure if we can get that much followers for it, we only have one track fully completed and still we fixed some issues recently. So for now we want to see how far we come with the donations.
    Of course we are thinking about some sort of bonus for everyone who helps us out on the Unity Pro money collection since this kind of help [money] isn't something we like to ask for but really helps and means alot for us

And congrats for your job!!