Page 158 of 179 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Quote Originally Posted by rdmx View Post
    Here's a video of the bug I've been having: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYF-yU7Vn4k
    Weird, that's no frame skip. It looks like the camera animation when you go over the speed pad is delayed by a little less than a second... We got to look into that. I usually get that when I'm running at high resolution in my weak laptop because of the low frame rate...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Yep, same here. I tried SSGX on very high settings, and get some frameskips anywhere but not on the speed pads in particular. Otherwise it works just fine here.
    @rdmx It looks like you ship won't even get accelerated at first, but then a frameskip happens and the ship got pushed forward. It all should be much smoother. We'll check that out.

@Ace I am sure you can do better Your first lap was 33.xx so with some practice you can get several laps in that time and improve your overall race time
    BTW: So awesome you have 2nd and 3rd lap with exactly the same time and amount of speed pads Cool thing haha
    Last edited by docfo4r; 25th December 2012 at 12:02 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

WHAAAT!? And there was me thinking getting just under 2:30 was good! Bloody hell, you lot never cease to amaze me

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

5BRs possible

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

After receiving some bug reports, our coder zero3growlithe quickly sorted them out and released a new version for the time trial competition.
    You can find the link on our website or HERE.

Make sure to use this version for the Time Trial competition.

The updates:
    + Sideshift delay included
    + Speed pad issue fixed
    + Airbreaks colors fixed
    + More Blocky voices added
    + Readme file updated

I hope this makes the game more enjoyable. Thank you all for reporting the bugs
    Last edited by docfo4r; 25th December 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

SSGXv1.1
    TT 2:07:33
    2nd photo, 2nd lap, i defeated ZICO without BRs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

xD hehe. Nice times you have there

Is side-shifting better now?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

2:11.18 Getting better, not too pleased with the 34.41 on the first lap, ugh. I could've done a 2:09. if I'd done a 32.

Cassandra_best2.png

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Cool.

Hehe yeah it's all about practice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

new fastest lap 30.55 no BR 25 SP. the track has normally just 24 SPs to offer. the long left downhill corner begins with 2 SPs (1left/1right) fly through their center and it`ll count as 2 SPs.

edit: is it right that BRs doesn`t cost ship energy?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 26th December 2012 at 01:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Just thought I'd say that this clearly isn't "beta". Looks like you've put some effort in, but it's clearly nowhere near finished n' just requiring some touching up, based on the Christmas demo you've labelled as being in beta. More like an alpha preview.

Can't say too much about the game because it freezes for half a sec or so every time I touch a speed pad, so it's unplayable for me. Actually, the countdown voice sounds like an annoying kid, I can say that, lol -_-

I like the new demo, now my ship doesn't get atracted like a magnet to the ground smashing itself into pieces whenever I turn, anyway, I made this mockup menu for the results screen, would it look better like this? As currently I saw that there's lot's of empty and wasted space.
    crtyS.png

Also the HUD is too far away, it shouldn't be so near to the corners but a bit more near to the center.
    uvLNa.jpg

AND WHY DO THE SHIPS SOUND LIKE VACUUM CLEANERS?!
    Last edited by RaTcHeT302; 26th December 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@Jan that's right, BR's won't cost you ship energy as of now.

@amp Did you download the updated version? There was indeed something wrong on the speed pads, but zero3growlithe sorted something out which appeares to be a bug.

@RaTcheT the result screen is just made for this demo quickly, it will contain much more info in the final version. Also the sounds will get updated. As you may have noticed, there is no sound for a barrel roll aswell. We'll also overwork resolution adaption to the HUD since it depends on resolution, the size of the text and bars.

Thanks anyone for the feedback. Yeah, of course we are not even halfway done with the game. Lots of things will get updated. What you see is not the final product, the whole game is still WIP. We only created this build to launch a contest and for you to have something which you actually can play for yourself instead of a YT video to watch

Lol... I dunno who named this beta. The game isn't even 10% complete. All we got so far is a sort of game with one or two tracks where you can race a few laps around, not much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    @RaTcheT the result screen is just made for this demo quickly, it will contain much more info in the final version.
    Well it didn't take much for me to make that either, and also I wasn't bothered by the ammount of information displayed, it was bothering me how the space was badly used.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

It's because only for this release, there is not much info displayed. In the final game, there is much more info and we need that space then.

Once again people, it's just a fun demo release

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Happy to report that the speed pad issue was fixed for me

I think you guys need to be careful of the visual UI design, including the HUD design, menu design, weapon icon design. As it stands it seems like they are pretty dissonant from each other. Also ratchet, that is a little too close to Wipeout HD for my taste

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

And a little too plain aswell. White bg with text and not much roon for more statistics like how many br's, speed pads, perfect laps, lap records etc.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the new physics, the old ones were really odd.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

session-complete.png

made a quick result screen mockup