Page 156 of 179 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

nice quality on the bump map, what resolution are you rendering out to?

The textures are square with 1024 px.

thank you, it looks very sharp/clean! i like it

Timezone
    GMT -5

Do you guys need a hand writing your game? I'm new here, but I saw your videos on Youtube and was directed here by your site. I do enjoy programming games, and I haven't bought a racing game in a while because I haven't seen any that are good, so I'm definitely interested in helping out for the fun of it and to have a good racing game to play.

BTW, 2 of my favorite racing games are Lego racers 2 and Fatal Inertia. So, that's where I'm coming from in design preference.

As far as programming background... I'm self taught mostly. Recently I've been taking some classes on it though as technical electives in my EE major.

So, what system are you going with? I saw some talk about using the XNA framework and/or the unity engine.

BTW, I'm not a good artist, but it looks like you don't need too much art design skill (Just guessing) as much as you need the skill to get the art into the game, which I might be able to help with.

Anyway, I don't really know what the point of my post is, I just want to know what is going on here without reading 300 pages of stuff....

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    bpinflag

Looks impressive. It would be cool when the final product gets closer if you had some community contest to design tracks and ships? Just throwin' out ideas.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

we haven't yet decided on anything specific regarding community outreach but I can tell you that the final ship roster is decided if not entirely completed and implemented, as is likely the track list. This does of course not necessarily mean that we don't like input or that ideas are not welcome, there will always be gaps that need to be filled so input is much appreciated.

as for community outreach we are seriously talking about that we're not entierly sure how to go about it though so I don't want to say too much but rest assured that we're well aware of the need to keep in touch with the roots of the game, namely this community. And we are quite frankly baffled at how positive the response has been, thank you all for your kind words.

Look who's here!
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....75231509194913

Blocky came to say hello!

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    Look who's here!
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....75231509194913

Blocky came to say hello!
    *Rolls around in joy*

Oh boy!
    Attachment 7170
    ATLAS Enforcer

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Default Time Trial challenge!

The rear looks brutal! I like it.

=======================================

Coming up: Time Trial challenge
    Time for you guys to show us your skills. More info's & the release will be on christmas. For now, check out the trailer:

Hey guys, the game is coming along nicely!
    I just downloaded the SSGX demo, but I'm sorry to say that I'm having some trouble with it. I am unable to make a selection on the main menu! I have tried all of the buttons I can think of, but which button is used to make a selection? Just asking, in case I haven't tried them all. It could just as easily be an issue with my computer, though.

PS. I have another idea for a ship which I'm gonna draw soon if you need one.

Uhh that old demo! lol
    The selections available are in white. To select something you need to press "Enter".

That didn't work either unfortunately... Must be a problem with my computer, or I have pressed something I shouldn't! (when the game is running my mouse is showing, could I have tabbed out or something by accident? I don't know, it's probably not that...)

Thats the old demo - the key on my computer is the 'X' key ... then it works .. found out buy pressing every single key
    Where do you download the new demo?

So yeah great game. your website requests for more help.
    I may not be able to work full time, but I have spent a fair couple of hours working in unity myself,
    and I know the API fairly well along with C# and Java , and 3DSMax , and Photoshop , and Ableton.
    Neither am I a pro programmer or artist but I can work on a few things , like better particle effect , modeling the boulders better, touch up on some missing code comments etc...etc...

if you send me the source to the project... or better host it on github ... that's if you want it open source

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@clojo733: It is indeed "x" to make a selection. At least for me ["enter" didn't work, Xpand]. That is because the controls are attached to the PS3-controller. Controller's X to make a selection and to thrust the ship is the same for keyboard: X for selection, X for the ship. But like Vorpal said, the demo is very old actually. Wait for the christmas release

@Vorpal: Thank you very much for the support and for caring our project. I'd like to say that every helping hand is useful of course but at the moment we got many responses due to the text on the website. Actually too many already, haha. So we took down that text.
    About helping in the project: Well I hope you won't get me wrong, but we are not sharing the code directly or on first contact with other people. That is because we encountered some people who offered help and we gave some blueprints, models etc. to work on but somehow we didn't get a reply any more. So we are very careful with the deeper things on the project, especially the coding. We are not in direct need of any help at the moment but of course we will keep in mind everyone who sticks to the project. This way we get to know new people a bit better and we find out if we ride the same wave regarding our image of what SSGX really is. And if we have something for you to work on, then we will get back in touch.

Ahh yeah, kwlz.
    what if I build assets which I believe is needed and just send it to you - it's your wish if you want to use them or not.
    I mean , I need something to do at 1 O'clock in the morning :

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

I wasn't here for 18 months or so. Great idea with making a game, i see progress is really astonishing. Where can i find downloadable demo?
    Keep up good work guys

Alright, thanks for being so helpful... I'll wait for the Christmas update. Really excited to play the game!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey phae

Thanks alot. Well we once released a demo, actually some months ago and it's totally overworked now already xD But we will have a demo to try [even packed into a little competition] on christmas so if you can wait for a few more days, you got something fresh and brand new to try since the code lines are literally being written just at this moment

clojo, I am excited aswell haha

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Vorpal-Knife: Well, I'm not a professional programmer either xD Learned programming totally from zero, no experience in this language nor in using this software (Unity 3D) 1,5 year ago x. x Anyway, have u done anything in Unity that can be judged so i can see if u could be helpful? Cos it would be great to have a helping hand... maybe someone who could take care of online multiplayer basics