Page 155 of 179 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    He had permission from the artist to use the music
    That doesn't matter. GEMA is an old dusty piece of garbage and everything containing third party audio on Youtube is blocked by it in Germany. I don't approve of the regional licensing companies like Sony and Warner do, and these guys are saying that GEMA is a complete failure, so that should tell you something.

As for texture resolution, we're getting to the point that cards have a lot of memory. My card from five years ago has 640MB of memory, and my new one 2GB. High end Radeons have 3GB and NVIDIA 4GB. We have cheap cards out now with 1GB of memory for around 100$ or less. Don't be afraid to use more memory.
    Just my opinion.

Another thing, the lighting could be a bit more contrasted, shadows should be a bit darker in that video for example.

I see...

The track isn't lightmapped yet, that's why there are almost no signs of shading. We need to have a strong light to get defined shadows when the lightmapping is done.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@Sausehuhn yeah Germany sucks. Even with the permission, YouTube makes no differences, it scans the audio and if it's copyright material, it will be blocked. But I will upload the video to dailymotion or some other place so the German people can also watch it For any future videos I won't use music by well-known artists any more

And yes, there is no particular lightmapping on the track, also the sunlight itself is not set up correctly. I'll get to that in later versions of the track. I figured it doesn't make sense to lightmap the track yet when I'm not done placing objects on it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Sorry, I figured it would build those automatically when saving. A little too used to Unreal Engine there I guess...

Attachment 7055Attachment 7052Attachment 7053Attachment 7054

A whole night and day of modeling.... The guilty feelings are crushing me! xD
    Last edited by Xpand; 24th November 2012 at 05:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Man, now THAT is progress Looks very nice, Porto Kora is coming along well.

Your Porto Kora is amazing Xpand! Looking forward to flying on it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey guys.

To keep you informed about all the basic stuff in SSGX, we created a little public presentation for you:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation...i=1#slide=id.p

It will be updated with the current progress from time to time. So make sure to check it out sometimes

Timezone
    GMT -5

I just wanted to chime in again that while I may not post often in this thread, I am amazed at what has been accomplished so far in regards to slipstream gx, and I can't wait to see further progress. Like I said before, the fact something like this even exists (and actually got off the ground) is amazing.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Nice presentation Doc, screenshots are looking great

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thanks alot
    Screenshot were coming from the whole team, I just sticked them together We will keep it updated.

Also for all the people from Germany, who could not watch the Nazca Remains progress video, use this link:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvg...deo_videogames

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Hey guys, we've just put up our first blog post! Go check it out! you can find it on the blog section of the website (quick link here). Thanks guys!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Saw the weapon icons on the website. They're nice designs, but they are FAR too similar to each other, especially if you take colour out of the equation.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Yeah, we recognized that aswell. Especially the green section, you can't really see what a Turbo and what a Phantomizer is if you can't compare them. dreadofmondays did a nice job on the current designs [he has more, not only the ones on the website] and we are trying to optimize them. So take the current one's as a placeholder at the moment

CENR Prototype
    Attachment 7119

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I gotta say, this is amazing! The quality of this game could reach game studio's standards O_o
    I cant wait until another test version comes out! xD
    I suppose you guys dont need any more tracks at the moment huh?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thanks for your kind words Well, at the moment we have a set of tracks we are working on. I guess we will finish them at first and then see if we need more tracks or not [track creating is actually one of the things that takes most time].

About the test version, well you might don't have to wait too long any more We want to finish something regarding coding, sound effects etc. as of now though.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I could be the game tester xD As I can't really do any programming or any fancy stuff. But I do want to help in some way with the project.

thats badass, and are you just creating these from your head or are you using any references besides the ships? im trying to create some like these too

- - - Updated - - -

nice game document DOCFO4R the game is looking awesome

- - - Updated - - -

also do you need any more modelers or textures?
    my skills are in 3dsmax, zbrush, Photoshop and a tiny bit of topogun. let me know.

Cassandra's civic center got a BIG makeover:
    Attachment 7126Attachment 7127

Here's the before:
    Attachment 7128

Also: I was quite baffled when I noticed the detail in cenr's bump map. I was expecting something a bit blurry, and I got this instead:
    Attachment 7129
    Last edited by Xpand; 4th December 2012 at 12:37 AM.