Page 150 of 179 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    I like that the ship slows down a good amount, it rewards excellent driving. Im going to try and test it this weekend, cant wait
    It would if the effect didn't happen randomly and on very small collisions. Big collisions = usually a loud thump that throws you immediately off the wall and you hardly lose any speed.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Well, about this box collider and mesh collider there is problem of this kind: box collider has its bad sides (it's a box xD) but in Unity it is fast if it comes to performance and collision detection is better, more precise, as for mesh collider it takes shape of objects mesh which is cool but its performance is much worse and collision detection not as precise as box's so some collision skipping may occur like it is in case of bullets... well, was cos it is fixed (increased ray length) but maybe something improved from last time i've used this kind of collision detection.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

So you sue a different mesh for collisions that isn't the ships mesh but instead a simple mesh that marks out the boundaries of the object with more precision than the box mesh can.

@ dark, i get it, it should be the opposite

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Damon: No matter what mesh u take it is still a mesh, box collider is not made of mesh (something else but no idea what xd)... but aaanyway, I'll try using it though it will complicate my collision detection script with force feedback.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Default vBlog Episode 1

Hey guys,

it has been done Our first Blog video is ready.
    First episode is all about introduction and what we are doing at the moment. This is part a. You can find part b on our YouTube channel and if you have comments activated, there is a link at the end of the video. Thanks to the whole team and everyone here on the WZone, I hope you will enjoy it!

Oh boy.... I promisse next time I'll try to have a little bit more life! xD

Anyways:
    Attachment 6942Attachment 6943Attachment 6944

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Looks a lot better than first Aphithere Totally awesome!
    ------------------------------------
    btw. I'm trying to recreate my old track called Alphard in Maya and here are some screens: https://picasaweb.google.com/1060839...eat=directlink

Timezone
    GMT + 10

To whoever is heading this project:

I love WipEout, and stumbled upon your project by chance while working on some Wipeout-inspired AG ships. I was wondering if you were in need of any more models and whether I could contribute to this game.

Well, there's no leader per say, but please go ahead and show your ideas. We probably need design ideas for prototype ships based on the current ones, like Fury ships, so to speak.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

If you, Nathman, and all the others here like to, you can spread the word in Facebook to get more people on our "fanbase"
    facebook.com/slipstreamgx

Other than that... Yeah like Xpand said, you can check the current teams and see if you have some ideas for a prototype ship. Are you good at 2D-art? We also have a list of sponsors which need their logo and description. If you like to help out here, maybe get in contact with dreadofmondays.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. But welcome to the Wzone

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Default I'm back!

Cha, I was like failing in school and kinds had to prioritize... XD sorry for like leaving you all...

While my grades improve I'll be here and there... So in a week I'll be on daily!

Ahh, time to come to the past...
    You all working so hard! I feel terrible xD

@all: work hard! Good luck, I'll be here to describe some tracks and draw stuff... And I started drafting in tech so, I wonder if that could be any help to anyone?

@doc, I see something needs describing xP I can do it unless Nath got that under control...

@Nath, I'm here and there once in awhile so it's kinda an informal greeting xD you'd be a great help, more the better! What you mainly want to do? Don't be like me xD I still don't know what I want to sit with... Drawing or describing? Hmm~
    Last edited by feisar rocket; 31st October 2012 at 03:42 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

A basic layout test on phantom speed on "Nazca Remains":

Track progress around 5% so I don't wanna hear anything about the landscape

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Does the camber of the track affect ship handing?

The first route flows well. I especially like the sweeping uphill corner.

The reverse of that has too many blind corners though - though I realise that's because the first design has less blind corners.
    Last edited by rdmx; 1st November 2012 at 02:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

I just realized there was a link, opera mini wasn't showing it xD

Anyways, where is that suppose to be? Like location, country, etc. Tell me that and I'll give it a description for you?

It's pretty nice honestly, except you get so much air you'll fly off... But for being 5% done, it's pretty good ^_^

And, do we have an editor? For in-game text, etc... I can do that if none. Unless you are doing it yourself

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Yeah you can fly off the track too damn easy at the moment, but that is because the wall colliders are not set right, or... not even there in some cases^^ Will be fixed later on of course

It is located around the famous Nazca Lines in the desert of Peru. That's where the track logo is coming from [resembling the "hummingbird" symbol].
    I actually created an introduction for the track already. Was kinda like one of the first things I did so I can build up the ambience in the right way. Here you go:
    While the more than 200 meters large line-shaped symbols in the desert of Nazca have always been a subject for archaeologists and scientists, the abandoned constructions and buildings mainly remained undiscovered. An AG-Research establishment finally bought up the whole piece of land for a very large amount. Their goal was to create a racetrack while leaving the remains untouched. This explains the strange course of the road and why there is no crowd yet only video transmissions of the races. Anyhow the project was given up since the sponsors saw no profit. The track was left for almost 100 years now. Pilots have to be careful since there wasn’t any maintenance on the track for a long time.
    When you feel loneliness combined with the spirit of mystical history, you know you're racing on "Nazca Remains"!

As for the blind corners. Jup, it is indeed a bit difficult to suggest when is the right time for turning or using airbrake etc. This track is not so easy so it takes a few rounds to figure out a raceline, especially on phantom. But we agreed it is ok to have a difficult track for the later stages in campaign. Since it is very wide compared to other tracks, Nazca Remains is actually damn easy on Venom for example

- - - Updated - - -
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "in-game text". Can you explain? And thanks for the feedback!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Like your introduction is more like a back story ^_^ which means it's good (W'O pure-like. Like before you select the track)
    But that can, be edited down to a short description (W'O Pulse-like. Like when the course is loaded and the SUMMARY of it)

So I'm not saying it's useless, but one question; track/description wise, is it Pure x Pulse (story and description), Pure (story (pre track select)) or Pulse (description (post track select. Why I ask? Because it's an awesome back story of the track! ! But just too long to be a description (only cause of how long it would take... To read it, etc) and don't want to feel like I'm burning what you said.

(^ that is an example of editing in-game text ^)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Oh, haha yeah I get you
    Well to tell you the truth... This text is going to be read, but I am not sure if that happens while being in the track selection or after the track is loaded. In fact, this story is almost the shortest one from the current track stories we have. Only the Cassandra backstory is shorter

So for now, compared to your options I would say it's Pure x Pulse ^^ I think we have to figure out if the lengh is ok once we have the soundfiles and placed that into the menu. If it's too long, then let's shorten it

Oh and thanks, I now know what you meant with ingame text