Page 111 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Not to forget the Flux Capacitor

</joke>

Am working on the website now...

Quote Originally Posted by TypeProton View Post
    I don't like the sound of the engine. It sounds more like jet fighter more than AG craft.
    At least in pure you can tell they use an advanced jet engine. A 4 stage divergent turbine.
    A divergent turbine is a jet engine with a larger exhaust diameter than the combustion chamber:
    Attachment 6497
    I don't understand the 4-stage bit... I think it's something about the layout of the engine.
    Plus we know that most ships use auxiliary jet engines.
    Furthermore all ships have a intake/exhaust layout for each engine they have. If it was some nuclear fusion engine there would be no need for the intakes. One thing they might use in the main engine is a ion motor for long range action.
    Last edited by Xpand; 28th July 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 7

I see...

And [Hubian starting grid]! Those glowing Chinese lamp you see are floating around the track. This is the same art style that will apply to most indoor section of Hubian. Except the floor are different.
    Last edited by TypeProton; 28th July 2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: updating the pic a bit. Forget to add advertising holograms

That looks pretty cool. Have you made a top view of the track with elevation markings?
    Also, can you do the sequence of Blocky counting down to "GO!" so we can add that to the start-line screen?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    Furthermore all ships have a intake/exhaust layout for each engine they have. If it was some nuclear fusion engine there would be no need for the intakes. One thing they might use in the main engine is a ion motor for long range action.
    Why do you think I said a 'Cross Between'?

Befroe the Turbo Fan was invented, all Jet Engines were just Rocket Engines. Then, one person had the idea of sticking a fan on each end, both connected by a rod. The fan at the back is spun by the exhaust, and thus it roates the fan in front, which acts as a propeller, both increasing Engine Power and Effeciency. That is also why Jet Engines are so damn dangerous to walk next to.

By making it part Fusion Reactor, then all you need to do is make it part Fusion Reactor. The 'Rocket' part of the engine is basically just a Hydrogen-Fueled Nuclear Reactor with an Exhaust Port. But if it is just Hydrogen Atoms being combined into Helium Molecules, why is Harimau even bothering with making Bio Fuels?

Unless the engines for some reason still rely on standard Jet Fuel, but the Jet Fuel is just enriched with Hydrogen and Nitrogen, the Nitrogen cleaning the engine and the Hydrogen fueling the reactor.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 28th July 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 7

I haven't. But I've done a elevation sketch. So : SOON.
    Do you mind if I don't do the countdown thingy in vector?

@docfo4r below : Sure!
    Last edited by TypeProton; 28th July 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Your current sketch looks awesome, Type. I hope you don't mind if I use it in our website

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Why do you think I said a 'Cross Between'?

Befroe the Turbo Fan was invented, all Jet Engines were just Rocket Engines.
    That isn't correct. Rocket engines rely on liquid+solid fuel burning, while jet engines mix and burn a liquid fuel+air mixture. They don't have to have a compressor, just an intake and exhaust. A Pulse Jet engine doesn't have any fans, for example, it rather alternates between gas vacuum and compression while it burns the mixture.

@TypeProton, just do the sequence in what way you want. I can color it in photoshop if you draw it. Just give me some info on the color.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@TypeProton: This picture... awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome!, and again awesome!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

@AG-SYSTEMS: Because I'm not really liking the look of how this is coming out I'm gonna stop fiddling with it but here you go ssgxag-syspure.pngssgxag-syspure2.pngssgxag-syspure2alt.png

Timezone
    GMT -6

*post removed*
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 28th July 2012 at 03:11 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

@Amaroq:Mind posting the conversation here? I'd like to see that he is a fan of the series.

Timezone
    GMT -6

*post removed*
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 28th July 2012 at 03:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Meaning?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Nevermind. Let's just continue with the original conversation. Glad that everything was written down, eh?

Anyway, I came up with a new idea for a track, it involves destroyable areas (to create shortcuts and whatnot). Can the engine handle destructable terrain yet?

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Just looking around in official Wipeout Pure website... Wow. They mentioned FX150 amature league there...
    - No over the top weapons and dangerous track design, Those are reason in-universe fans hate F9000. Hopefully no second Temtesh incident happens.
    - We got to be careful with storyline (if there's any) and teams' background from now on.
    - And make them awesome, yes.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Temtesh Incident? I knew that Temtesh Bay sucked, but still, I didn't know there was a whole incident about it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

@Amaroq:Temtesh Bay had it's Course 2 run through an underground mine section. A summary of what happened can be read on WipEout Central,in the Temtesh Bay article.

Nevermind. Let's just continue with the original conversation. Glad that everything was written down, eh?
    What does this mean?I'd really like to see proof.

Anyway, I came up with a new idea for a track, it involves destroyable areas (to create shortcuts and whatnot). Can the engine handle destructible terrain yet?
    One point of Fusion was it's false walls. Many a pilot could use the shortcuts in weapon enabled races,but not in time trials.
    Also,I don't think it is a matter of whether the engine/generator is able to handle such destructible terrain. Rather,it is whether or not FX150 specification allows for it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

As for the whole "I am glad everything was written down" was basically me saying "I am glad that we can't really forget where we were at"

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

It begins to get mysteriously...
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anyway, I've created a new ship... not textured yet but I'm planning to make it really rusty and old so it will look like an old, totally first AG-Ship ever created (it is taken from my today's dream )
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1060839...eat=directlink
    I like it so I'll make sure to finish it...
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 28th July 2012 at 05:52 PM.