Page 104 of 179 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Yeah, even normal scene with simple cube looks awesome, it is just unreal
    btw. Weapon Pad script ready Script for speed and weapon pads is single and you can change between them using variable... maybe it will be of some use in-game xd Awaiting weapons list, must be it-is-ok-for-sure weapon list cos every weapon will require some serious programming (ok, maybe except for cannon, rockets, bomb, etc. xd)

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    In UDK:
    Damn....
    Attachment 6403Attachment 6404Attachment 6405
    I mean, tecnically the model looks like sh*t, but the shading effects... Wow....
    By the way, that was in-game.

Also, the only track I could import so far (all the others are either incompatible or too large) Basin Park, by Oryx.
    Attachment 6406
    The model itself is fine. You could do with some Normal Mapping (look up Bump Maps on Wikipedia, and they should mention it) though.
    Also, I love how the Unreal Engine has built-in HDR. HDR makes everything better.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

got an idea for a track... though it might be a bit ambitious it would be a track in low earth orbit attached to a space station, call it orbit terminal or something for travel too and from the moon etc. with a track attached to it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Howabout Terra-Lunar Transit Array? It isn't the best, but it was at the top of my head.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

hehe any name would do tbh it was just a thought if anyone finds it an interesting idea feel free to develop it.

I dunno about that. I was never a great fan of orbital/extraterrestrial racing environments.... Meh...
    Well, here's some new details on DC:
    Attachment 6407
    This made me chuckle when I saw the render...

Timezone
    GMT -6

Alright, found some good Wikipedia articles.

Bump Mapping
    Normal Mapping
    Phong Shading

Hopefully you can use this information to improve your model. Good job, btw
    P.S.: You could also add some Bump Mapping to your track. Get that extra bit of detail.

Yep, I know I can add it. I usually leave that to last, but end up making it. When I make planes for FSX I always add the bump map (http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2557/r101dirt.jpg)... Normal map is out of question, since it increases the polycount a lot, that's more for artistic/rendering models

Timezone
    GMT -6

I have never seen a Normal Map increase the Polycount. I have seen it change the way a low-polygon mesh reacts with light, though. That is how bump mapping works.

Yeah, I confused it with displacement map. It's like those terrain generators where they use a marble like grey scale texture and then assign a max and minimal height for pure white and pure black, respectively and then the mesh's vertices gain the height correspondent to that part of the texture map. It's one way to generate procedural terrain.
    Last edited by Xpand; 18th July 2012 at 11:36 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Yeah, a Displacement Map is the kind of thing that you would use with Tessellation.

Speaking of which, turns out Normal Maps are the most commonly used form of Bump Mapping.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey guys, finally I am back from school and trip and have lots of free days ahead. So I hopefully can help you guys out as much as I can.

First of all, I got another idea for a track: An abandoned science research facility half-way underground so you race through a big complex of underground tunnels/rooms/test facilities and also over the ground where you see big broken/rusty satellite dishes, left buildings & warehouses, antennas etc. it could be either placed in a forest or jungle-alike ambience or in the desert, which emphasizes the feeling of "lonelyness" [kinda like Black Mesa in HL1]. The underground ambience could look like THIS [watch from 00.50].
    Another idea is a track in a big canyon. The track itself is always deep in the canyon so the player can't overlook the complete map. But since there are cliffs etc. it could be used well for jumps and barrel rolls and the canyon would have multiple ways so there are a few alternating routes.
    Tell me if you guys like one of those ideas, then I will come up with name, backstory and sketches within the next days.

zero asked for weapons to script one page back. Sorry I could not keep track until today, but do we have a weapon list now? Or should we collect all ideas about weapons that got written down here to make a full list and pick the best and realistic-for-coding ones together?

Xpand, you said Cassandra is ready? Will you also attach the speed & weapon pads to it, soon? And how about the Zone-mode design, or is the Zone-mode not set to stone yet?

Anyway, keep up the good work everyone! Cheers

the speed pads are to be added in the game engine. They are separate models so that they appear or disappear weather you want time trial or race events... There's no Zone mode yet. And if you want those psy designs and colors we need to get HDR shading systems because I'm sure as hell the tracks will look like crap unless we have glow filters...

Sorry for the double post but I just had an idea for a system to count perfect laps:

zero, your collision spark system works with an "if" with a raycast collision argument, right?
    Well, what if we make that condition add +1 to an integer, like:

Code:
    var col_count=0;

if(collision is true){

col_count=col_count+1;

// I gotta think how to Reset col_count to 0 after a lap.
    }

//check col_count after each lap and give the perfect lap message if col_count=0 
    if(col_count==0){ 

display(Perfect Lap)

}
    Of course this is in pseudo-code... I think it's easier when you have the variables and specific commands for Unity...

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Nope, I'm not using raycast but collision box attached to the ship And I can use trigger which is at start line to restart collision counter

Yeah, but you can detect collisions with collision box, right? Like what activates the sparks?

Anyways:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuCAYJ6n6-U

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Erm... yeah? Ok, maybe just leave programming stuff to me and just tell me what to do or what i've missed and it will be cool So.... weapons anyone? x.X Or no, I'll take care of main menu script cos it is written like some kind of poetry than code xD

Uhh, that reminds me... I have to remodel your hangar with new textures.

Timezone
    GMT -6

You know what would be nice? The addition of a minimap to the HUD. Every other racing game has one, why not WipEout?

P.S.: The return of Opposite Braking would also be a big help.

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    You know what would be nice? The addition of a minimap to the HUD. Every other racing game has one, why not WipEout?
    That's a big no. You'd be too busy managing airbrakes at high speed to look at minimap. It's too fast.