Page 103 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Hi! Time for some bad news: Actual version of game with completed Cassandra track is too much for my old computer I was working on previously, that means there is no way it can run on graphic card like Geforce 7600 GS, must be faster, not with more memory. As for CPU, netbook can run it with no problems on loooooooooooooooooooow graphic quality xd End

@Xpand: Colors must be bright and easy to distinguish cos I'm not sure if everyone will distinguish weapon pad from speed pad with this color scheme during flying at high speed xd

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post

@Xpand: Colors must be bright and easy to distinguish cos I'm not sure if everyone will distinguish weapon pad from speed pad with this color scheme during flying at high speed xd
    seriously? You can't tell a triangle from a cross? even at high speed!? xD
    By the way, this is to be impletemented onto the tracks like this:

put an empty in every spot you want a speed/weapon pad to be.
    Make a script for the weapon pads that reads if the event is time trial or normal race. If race is true then replace object with tag weapon pad with the weapon pad model.
    Make a script for the speed pads to replace the empties with the speed pad in all cases.
    Add one of those scripts to each empty depending if you want them to be speed pads or weapon pads.
    Last edited by Xpand; 13th July 2012 at 02:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

With regards to the Mach One speed class:
    I think I'll set the top speed at 1440 km/h. With a lattitude of 200 km/h,teams should not be complaining.
    Also,since sonic booms will happen if nothing is done, I suggest that the ship have a form of Turbo that can be used once Mach one(1225) has been exceeded. This will be done by having the sonic boom energy converted to a form of potential energy that will be stored for use later on in the race.
    Sonic Turbo will only be awarded ONCE per race

With regards to the Singapore-Malaysia Super-circuit:
    Here is a plan view on the Super-circuit meant for Mach One Speed Class races. Goes through both Singapore(the two land links) and Malaysia(Johore?).Track can be run in either direction.
    Distance:Approx 70 km
    Forward-Clockwise
    Reverse-Antilockwise/Counterclockwise

With regards to Singa(the track based in Singapore):
    Here is a plan view on what is the current Marina Bay area. Not sure how it will be like in 2180 and onwards,but I think that the bay area would have been expanded. Underwater area denoted by part in the sea. Track can be run in either direction.
    Distance:Approx 12 km
    Forward-Anticlockwise/Counterclockwise
    Reverse-Clockwise
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 14th July 2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Supercircuit direction wrong,and Amaroq being anal about Counterclockwise

Timezone
    GMT -6

You most likely hate being corrected, but the term is Counterclockwise, not Anticlockwise. While Anti and Counter mean the same thing in this context, they don't always mean the same thing.

Btw, sorry for not being on in a while, and also sorry for being slightly rude, but I have been having a streak of terrible days lately :(

On Topic:
    I came up with a new idea for a track: A track that is mostly vertical, with large portions of it being underwater and other portions of it being above the surface of the water, far from land. Most of the track is vertical, but not all of it is.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 13th July 2012 at 08:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I am doing O Level Physics,and when using the Principle of Moments (about a Pivot),I use sum of anticlockwise moments=sum of clockwise moments. I feel that the message gets across,same difference.

Timezone
    GMT + 7

[Some] Hubian [pics]
    Now I'm starting to doubt how the track will fit the futuristic nature of the game. :/

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

@Type:How about as part of the Chinese Government's Historical Restoration project or as part of the Chinese Government's What If Question:What if AG Racing existed before the 20th century,or even before?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

we can make historical stuff fit what we need is to make it not all historical, this can be done there are plenty of examples, of this from china so let's you and me have a look at it yeh?

Timezone
    GMT + 7

@FEISAR/Oryx : That's exactly what I'm thinking while I drew it. The problem I mentioned is not about lore but more about things "outside" of the track. Normally the garden would just be walled in but this is a circuit, a scaled up replica. Just walling it in won't do it justice. I'm thinking about what kind of sci-fi buildings that can be placed around it AND look good right now.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

How about have half the track in a historical landscape,the other half in a modern setting?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Speed Pad script is ready, works same as in WOHD, it pushes your ship in direction the speed pad is pointing.
    Weapon pad script in progress =>
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 14th July 2012 at 09:29 PM.

Sorry man, I completely forgot about giving you the pads...
    Here:
    Attachment 6402

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

proton: I'm thinking bio dome with historical garden inside and sprawling high tech outside i.e. as you say half inside the garden other half outside

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

Have I been thrown off the team? Xpand, hello?

Why are you saying that? If you were out I would have told you that. Is it because I haven't been on skype for a lot? I've been busy with other stuff...

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    Speed Pad script is ready, works same as in WOHD, it pushes your ship in direction the speed pad is pointing.
    Weapon pad script in progress =>
    I think a better idea is to just give it a funneling effect, that way it doesn't force you in a particular direction (which is annoying in Eliminator Matches and tight corners), but instead funnels your ship to guide it into the right direction (much more user friendly than just forcing it into a particular directon).

Maybe the same funneling effect could be used to replace Pilot Assist.

--- Slightly Off Topic ---
    If you ever played with the Propulsion Gel in Portal 2, then you will probably notice the same funneling effect that guides you when you're speeding into a Portal.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 15th July 2012 at 09:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    Why are you saying that? If you were out I would have told you that. Is it because I haven't been on skype for a lot? I've been busy with other stuff...
    That explains it. Thanks for responding.

PSN ID
    wildmorgan

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    You most likely hate being corrected, but the term is Counterclockwise, not Anticlockwise. While Anti and Counter mean the same thing in this context, they don't always mean the same thing.
    Depends where you're from. In the UK we always say Anticlockwise so your statement isn't completely true...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

@wildmorgan:Yay for British English(from Singapore here)

In UDK:
    Damn....
    Attachment 6403Attachment 6404Attachment 6405
    I mean, tecnically the model looks like sh*t, but the shading effects... Wow....
    By the way, that was in-game.

Also, the only track I could import so far (all the others are either incompatible or too large) Basin Park, by Oryx.
    Attachment 6406
    Last edited by Xpand; 17th July 2012 at 11:49 AM.