Page 101 of 179 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Talking Joke Post (this thread needs more joke posts)

It has been a while since I saw a joke post on this thread, so I thought I would liven it up a bit.

@zero3growlithe
    Maybe you should just have an AI Director do everything for you

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    Yay, my new navigation system is so awesome! Now it is damn smooth on every speed and I have smooth speed control over AI ships and it's expandable to make them turn faster or slower too and whatever I can imagine ^^ And it works faster as I predicted and new "placing system" is not needed Although creating perfect "racing lines" for AI is quite time consuming as you have to estimate place and speed for every node X_X Speed can't be either too big or too small cos player can't have easy time with them
    That's great, BUT, and here's the question did you use the correct scale for the track, and the new track? Because the one I sent you is completely diferent from the one you had in the last compiled version of the game... I'm going to try and finish Cassandra today and I'm going to instruct you on how to put it in game, properly, so we have a definitive version for that track. Just be around skype, when you can.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Eeeeerm, I thought about it after I finished making all nodes so no xD But changes can be made very quickly by changing ships scales properly so track scale can be the same and it will look as you want. Send me this properly scaled version of Cassandra after you finish it and I WILL take care of it.
    btw. Click, and I'm on Skype xd

@Amaroq: If Unity would have "object programming" then it would look like this But here every AI has its own rules X_x
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 6th July 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Zero: AI sounds really good, in the end did you go for a collision or distance based approach to your node nav points?

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Quote Originally Posted by dreadofmondays View Post
    He might be talking about Corridon 12... like 80% split
    Yea, my track has long splits and... A really big jump. No, it's like CP's jump... x5 (better example, florion heights 3's jump... ×3)
    I only have a line version ATM... I'll draw the track now.

Name: <none>

Give me a name and I'll make the discription
    Last edited by feisar rocket; 6th July 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

How about a track with a Chenghou Project jump, except there is a track split at said jump, and you have to choose which track section to jump onto. There are two different track sections, in some areas the left route is more difficult but faster, while in areas the right route is more difficult but faster. In other words, both track sections have a similiar length and difficulty.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Just remind yourself that we need a second version of that track then or it can only raced forwards if it has jumps in it...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Or tweak the track so that the jump is like the jump of Platinum Rush...

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    It has been a while since I saw a joke post on this thread, so I thought I would liven it up a bit.

@zero3growlithe
    Maybe you should just have an AI Director do everything for you
    And break thread continuity that could lead to higher efficiency?

Also,not to be irritating or what-else,but...

Quote Originally Posted by F.E.I.S.A.R View Post
    Has anyone written the complete backstory? If this is part of the WipEout universe then someone has to write the story of the FX-150 league. And boy will there be quite a bit of fan wank...
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 6th July 2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Added to post

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

I have an idea for rev, like TA in pulse... (big jump forward, tunnel rev)

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@Aspect: Distance based one cos it has better performance. If there will be problem with them being missed then I can just add a new variable that will give them individual detection range

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Anyone mind if Triakis,AG Systems International and some other teams appear as parts suppliers in this game, or is this already planned?

....Calculating ground shadows... Almost ready! Only the bilboards and direction assist holograms are left.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@F.E.I.S.A.R
    I will write a story within the next week. But please have some patience, a good story should take its time

Also, hmmm I don't know how the others think about it but I wouldn't place so many obvious Wipeout stuff like that part suppliers in the game or it'll look too much of a wanna-be-Wipeout. But to add a little bit, maybe ONE part supplier from another Wipeout team could be a cool easter egg Also it's a question if we even have the rights to use the Wipeout names...

Last but not least:
    Attachment 6368Attachment 6369

99.99999999999999% Just placing the bilboards with the ads.

And it is DONE! FINALY! After 11 months and 23 days of work!
    Attachment 6370Attachment 6371

Thanks to Type Proton for the advertising designs. I just had to paint them up in PS.

Oh man it felt like it took forever! It's not free of some adjustments, though.
    Here's an overview of the track:
    Attachment 6372
    Last edited by Xpand; 6th July 2012 at 10:37 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

Well done !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

That's all?

Nah, just kidding^^ Awesome work man!! The track looks great, I like the mixture of the colors. And that board on the finish line looks great aswell.
    You had that other track, Draco Cavernae, working at, right? Going for this one now? What's the next step?

Sorry, I'm curious, hehe

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    @F.E.I.S.A.R
    I will write a story within the next week. But please have some patience, a good story should take its time

Also, hmmm I don't know how the others think about it but I wouldn't place so many obvious Wipeout stuff like that part suppliers in the game or it'll look too much of a wanna-be-Wipeout. But to add a little bit, maybe ONE part supplier from another Wipeout team could be a cool easter egg Also it's a question if we even have the rights to use the Wipeout names...
    I'm free until this Sunday,and I feel that I have not made any significant contribution to this project. If I'm given some resources to write,it would be great.This would also be a good opportunity to brush up on my creative writing skills.

Also,with regards to the "Wannabe-WipEout" part,aren't pilots of the FX-150 considered wanna-be/amateur pilots. If this started after the AG Purity Festival in 2185,and the actual teams turned parts suppliers,does it not make sense to have a few references to the teams?
    As for the trademarks and copyright,heard of AG-5Y5?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Alright, if you insist of it, you can take over the writing of the story
    The thing I was thinking about is not to only have a background story, but also a story going through the whole campaign mode. In Wipeout it's always rather easy, you select a race, win it, go to the next race aso. until you're done. Maybe in SSGX we could supply a liiiittle more creativity. If you like to, we can help out each other a little bit regarding the writing progress. You seem to have more background knowledge so you could write the beginning of everything, backstory and so on and I could go on then to write the story for the campaign mode, because I have some stuff in my mind for that already

Quote Originally Posted by F.E.I.S.A.R View Post
    Also,with regards to the "Wannabe-WipEout" part,aren't pilots of the FX-150 considered wanna-be/amateur pilots.
    You also have to think about people who are playing SSGX and maybe never heard of Wipeout. So for really everyone to enjoy the story, I wouldn't make it based too much on Wipeout related leagues/events.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Fantastic work on Cassandra! It really looks great!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

@doc and F.e.i. why not collaborate? I know I don't feel like writing an entire story myself, maybe 2 heads is better than one?

Also: BASIN PARK BUILDINGS.pngBASIN PARK BUILDINGS2.pngBASIN PARK BUILDINGS3.png some new buildings added and a slight course change on basin park hill, also been doing some thinking on basin park proper widened some corners and such, sadly there's a limit to what I can do with my crappy gpu (at this point I can't view the model in perspective view without a shitload of "artifacts" popping up all over the place) since I can basically only model in orthographic view as it is now... hopefully this wont mean too much work for whoever takes over the final modeling stuff.

Gonna start work on textures soon, but I must admit that that will probably be slow as I have never tried my hand at texturing before.