Page 178 of 179 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

When it comes to Concept Art I was thinking that maybe something in a snowy environment like Sebenco Climb in WOHD or something in a darker environment with maybe some rain involved or simply a dark high tech city like "The Amphiseum". The snowy environment is preferred tho since it is easier to model Could be also something like Sol 2 maybe? I loved variety in environments in WipEout games so would be cool to have it too here so if you have any other cool idea let me know

As for normal maps and specular maps (these are maps that tell the renderer where and how much should light reflect on the model's surface) this is a rather wide subject, more than a half a year of work for a single person So maybe we'll focus on the concept for now.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

What about a giant city landscape like it were on WipEout 3? (I mean, that Mega City Complex?) but something more Cyberpunk-ish, like giant skyscrapers and lots of neon around a night track.

It's an idea, what do you think?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Well, if you'll model it then I like the idea Brun xd We need something that we can handle, since well, I see other team members are busy doing stuff for Ballistics NG so idk who's is going to create a Cyberpunk style city for us
    A high tech city as I mentioned above is a little too ambitious for us too imo but if there will be no other ideas then we'd need to think of someone to do the modelling :/

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Hey guys, Bruno here! Long time that we don't have any news, eh?

So, essentially, SSGX is still alive! We had a hiatus for some years, but recently we returned to develop the game and we're actually making a major redesign of the game as a whole, including new sound effects, new revamped tracks and visual effects for the whole game to attend for the best quality standards.
    We would really like you guys to help us on this. Right now, we need people who can contribute with our project not only with audio effects, but with designs and testing support as well. If you guys want to contribute with us somehow, please let us know through this post. We want SSGX to launch as soon as possible and with the best quality standards as possible too.

If you want to know more, we are at discord! feel free to contact us! here's the link to our discord channel: https://discord.gg/RtrXBty

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by BrunoDG; 13th June 2018 at 11:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hello everyone!

Currently we're trying to discover what the ship top speed in ssgx should be. We made a simple test build where it's possible to adjust the top speed setting via a config file.

ssgx-test-top_speed-27062018

The top speed is set to 1000 kmh (which results in ~960 kmh in game due to other forces). When looking at the buildings around the track we feel that this speed gives the best feeling.
    Buildings are modelled in real-world scale with the biggest ones being the size of WTC and Empire State Building. The ship is about 4 m wide and 10 m long. The track is 48 m wide and 3774 m long.

You can open in-game console with the backquote key (it's the same key as tilde in keyboards with US layout) to execute debug commands and setup gamepad.

Console commands:
    - ToggleCGUI
    Opens input GUI where you can setup your gamepad. Tested with DS4 on Windows 10 and DS4 with DS4Windows app
    - LoadShipConfig
    Load custom ship config from the ShipPhysicsConfig.txt file
    - ResetInput
    Resets all custom input
    - ToggleGPGraphs
    Hides all the debug graphs from the screen
    - List
    Lists all available commands

Config file path: ssgx-test-top_speed-27062018\SlipStreamGX_Data\StreamingAssets\ShipPhy sicsConfig.txt
    You can reset ship settings by removing the file and restarting the game.
    See this short tutorial video for example usage.

We're hoping for your feedback about the ship settings you think work best.

Pretty sweet, glad to see this. I still need a good PC to play this, Bng and other startups

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hello Guys!

Recently we've been working on implementing airbrakes. You can try them in our recent test build: ssgx-test_07112018154041-airbrakes
    Also now you can control all of the ship physics, handling, camera and VFX settings from config files which are located in
    Code:
    ssgx-test_07112018154041-airbrakes\SlipStreamGX_Data\StreamingAssets\
    . There're three files:
    • ShipConfig - for everything related to the ship
    • PlayerControllerConfig - for input
    • ShipVCamConfig - controls the camera

To make testing easier, we included two more test scenes which you can load using console command (opened with backquote/tilde key)
    Code:
     LoadScene <scane_name>
    e.g.
    Code:
    LoadScene t_plane
    There're three scenes available:
    • t_ds3 - the default scene
    • t_plane - just an infinite plane
    • t_planeblocks - infinite plane with some block to fly around it

Here's how the gameplay looks right now:

Track evnironment was made by SSGX contributor Kabelsalat.

We would love to hear your feedback about the current physics, handling, ship animations and camera. If you have any questions, suggestions, ideas or have tested the game with new config, post it here or on Discord. If you're interested in working directly on the game, let us know!

SSGX DevTeam

EDIT:

Changelog:
    • Added airbrakes (handling, physics, animations)
    • Improved camera
    • New test track with turns (track name: DS3)
    • New test track environment (by Kabelsalat)
    • Improvements in ship physics and handling
    • Improved (more smooth) collisions
    • Default Xbox360 gamepad bindings
    Last edited by metroidsnes; 11th July 2018 at 04:38 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi everyone!

We are happy to share with you a new ssgx test build. This time it's a bunch of features responsible for the feel of piloting AG craft. It includes airbrakes, sideshifts, barrel rolls and speed pads. Ship physics and camera got improved and there's a 3d track for testing. Steering using gamepad is similar to Wipeout HD. It's recommended to use Xbox 360 controller or compatibile. You can use DualShock 4 with app DS4Windows.

SlipStream GX Test 30102018-092542

In this build there's only one scene available. You can see how the ship behaves with multiple debug options and shortcuts.

Debug commands (console openes with tilde/backquote shortcut):

EnableShipAI true/false
    Gives control over the ship to the AI.

EnableDebugData true/false
    Hides all debug info from the screen. You can hide debug data by default by setting EnableDebugData to false in
    Code:
    slipstreamgx-test-30102018_092542\SlipStreamGX_Data\StreamingAssets\DebugConfig.txt
    ToggleCGUI
    Displays input config window. Use it to configure your gamepad.

ResetInput

Resets all custom input bindings.

Shortcuts:

Different cameras: numeric keys from 1 to 5
    Time manipulation: numpad keys from 0 to 9, space key, esc key
    Moving the ship along the spline: `Z` and `X`. Use with shift key to set a point along the track to which you can than reset using key `R`.
    Execute barrel roll: `B`
    Execute barrel roll boost: `N`

To quite the game press ctrl + F4.

Changelog:

• reworked ship physics and handling
    • reworked ship camera
    • added sideshifts, barrel rolls and speed pads
    • track layout changed from 2d to 3d

Cool! The barrel roll speed seems a bit slow, is that wanted?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi AdHoc, thanks for the feedback! I prepared a short comparison video of 3 barrel roll durations; 0.8 sec (current), 0.7s and 0.6s. Which one do you like the most?

Definitely number 3. But I’m swayed by WipEout, you don’t have to copy everything verbatim

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Now that I watched the video I like to middle speed best (0.7s).

You’d have to do more checking again in context (high-speed races against competitors and weapons, visual effects, fast-paced music and more detailed tracks), because a slow roll might bring down the intensity.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

You are right, as we add more features to the game, the balancing will probably change, it may be the case for BRs.

And what do you think about the ship physics and camera? It's quite different than ssgx from 2015. Did you have the opportunity to play the build?

Unfortunately I didn’t so I’m probably not the best one to ask. But from what I can see it looks like a very solid behaviour

When are you planning for a public first release?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

We would like to release the first public build in December this year on Steam Early Access. It would contain SL, TT, online leaderboards, a couple of ships and tracks but all in very rough shape. The reason for early release would be to get some feedback and make the game more visible to the public. It's not a hard deadline though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi everyone!

After a long time we have a new development build for you. The game is still in a pre-alpha stage meaning that some features are missing and those implemented may be incomplete. This build (as opposed to the previous ones) contains all implemented game features, including menus and game modes.

We're hoping for your feedback, it really helps us improve the game.
    Also, we're looking for people to join the project as active contributors. If you feel that you could contribute anything to the game (even with something like playtesting), let us know!

SlipStream GX v1.11.0 Download
    Last edited by metroidsnes; 18th March 2021 at 08:14 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't know your timetable, but I do have some spare time to design some decent looking team and track logos for you, even some ship designs if you would like that...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Nice to see progress is still ongoing

I will try to play it ASAP.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

@PMeLhabib: We have team logos but some of them could be updated/redesigned imo to match the game visual style (although this is yet to be defined), especially the colors. Here're the current designs.

Track logos.. we never had them so I guess this might be a good idea to add it to the game.

For the ships, we already have all of them (8 ships) and we're really happy with existing designs. You can see them here. However we do need help with updating and creating new ship skins.