Page 129 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@Xpand: Wonderful, thank you!

Should the ST116-ship be presented on the website aswell, or only the main teams?

Depends on what you want. If it's a team showcase, the ST-116 shouldn't appear, because it's not part of any team. If it's only a ship showcase, then yes, it can be shown...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Actually I thought about it as a team showcase.

I am going to redesign the website within the next days anyway. For Phantomizer it takes one night to render 3 frames atm due to transparency & light effects, 140 frames left to go

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

So...when will the teams that make the cut be finalised?
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 27th August 2012 at 03:44 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

fairly soon probably f.e.i. we just need to make sure that everything fits so it doesn't look completely weird with one ship look like a ufo or something out of f-zero while the others look like wipeout ships that would be... weird ^^;

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Nice to hear that. I guess there is lots of work for your modellers ahead anyway with the tracks

@TypeProton any new sketches or updates on the Shukoto track? I'd love see how this one would turn out. Do you have Skype btw?

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Guys, an update; I've been working on the world models for the weapons in game. This is in addition to the art I'm already doing, so to make it simple I've created a set of folders at this link where I'll be dumping all the models and artwork I make. You guys can keep this for future reference and can download the files straight from that page.
    So far I've completed the world model for the Missile's projectile and I'm working on the tractor trap. The second set of pickup images is also underway.

It might be worth seeing if we can create a shared dropbox and all use it to store assets? Dropbox is a very simple and easy way to dump files straight to public domain where other people can access them. It's basically like an FTP, but without the need to buy your own server.

Finally: lol
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 27th August 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Am installing Dropbox now! I think it's a good idea as long as files don't become modified and overwritten by others. Keep it for sharing purpose. Will be very helpful for me to create the pickup animations with the actual models!

Nice work on the models so far anyway, dreads

Oh and LOOL to the picture xD I don't know why but it somehow reminds me of Portal after dropping stuff from... a portal
    Last edited by docfo4r; 27th August 2012 at 04:57 PM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Although ~4000 polis for a missile is a bit too much i think Dreads... try messing with textures to make details and nice missile btw
    @Xpand: Side view of every ship and we can make 2D version of SSGX xd
    @docfo4r: What software are u using to render these animations? Maybe i can get it and render those animations on my Zero3's-MonsterPC

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

HAHA xD I am using Vue 7 xStream. But don't worry, I can render it. I restarted Phantomizer because I saw that I made a mistake in placement. Basically, two half transparent ships at the same spot and the computer had to calculate the shadow for that. Fixed it, renders much faster now.
    BTW Zero, you're on video

But I like to come back to your monster PC if I encounter another problem.

One more thing guys: About the "Gravitron" pickup.
    I was wondering... The description says that it creates a portable mag-lock underneath the ship for some seconds keeping it on the track. While I understand it might be useful in bumpy sections, we also have to be aware it means no air-time at all leading to no barrel rolls. So on a hill section wouldn't it be a bad idea to use the Gravitron? To make it really profitable, maybe make better handling in corners while the Gravitron is enabled, or even let it lift the ship up a litte bit so the player would be able to barrel-roll on a straight section without a jump. But actually I don't know^^ What do you guys think?

@dreadofmondays: The models look pretty neat, but 4k polys for an in-game missile is way too much. The ships themselves have only a slightly higher polycount, and some don't even get up to 4000 polys... A few tens should do for something that won't be seen very clearly in-game with all the smoke and fire effects + velocity.

BTW, I just bought a 600 page C language "bible" to help on the programing, and prepare myself for the challenge of importing ship/track models directly into the compiled game, instead of through unity.
    Last edited by Xpand; 27th August 2012 at 09:06 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Alright, I'll see what I can do to lower the mesh to <1000 polys.

Regarding the Gravitron, it's basically like our replacement to the Autopilot pickup in HD, so maybe add an increase in handling while it is active?
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 28th August 2012 at 04:03 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I thought the same way. Make it possible to race though corners at higher speed, keep the ship on track but make it a little faster. Barrel rolls on hills not possible, so Gravitron is helpful in only some places on the track, making the pickup a bit more tactical.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

For anyone who wants to check progress on the project: Project Files - Developer Edition (some features "disconnected")
    Fixes that aren't included to project files: https://rapidshare.com/files/1885994576/Assets.rar
    Note: Please note that this project is not for commercial use, you can use it to test, modify and experiment in variety of ways but don't give it to strangers or people completely not interested in wipeout (god knows what they can do later with it), protect our work... just saying
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Google Docs Project Overview (I'll include that to my every post)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Good idea, zero!! Will do the same for the posts in this thread.

In the docs I saw two HUDs are ready to be used. Which ones?

===
    Project overview

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Mine's and this one i got from... rdmx? Don't remember xd Right now none of them is active but it is sure they will be in-game so i wrote that we have two (but if you don't want this one I was using in last demo then we have only one HUD)

btw. New idea for new game mode is born (from me):
    UNNAMED MODE [name to be decided xD]
    Could be a team-multiplayer race mode. 2 teams on the track: First team starts some meters ahead from the “Chasers”. First team is equipped with unlimited amount of mines while the chasers are equipped with unlimited amount of rockets (both limited by shooting speed which increases over time). Team one wins if they eliminated the chasers or travelled a certain amount of meters. Team Chasers wins if they eliminated team one or overtook them all. Action happens on dynamically building endless track in cyber world.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Google Docs Project Overview

Lol, I just played with helios for the first time. It looks like I'm driving a freaking Ferrari! xD I'll upload a video with a few laps with each ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Haha yeah, the shape of helios is unique. But actually I anyway hoped for one or two unique ship models, for example like these suckers:
    megarace_3_3_orig.jpg
    MegaRace_3_8.jpg

I'm pretty sure you're going to see stuff like that in prototype events...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I have to admit doc that while I like the zepher and helios fairly well I think it's important not to make the ships look like aeroplanes or spaceships, to me that makes no sense with the idea of it being a few feet off the ground ag racing... basically hover craft... if the ships look like space craft or airplanes then they shoul truly fly if you ask me. Plus aside from a few wacky prototypes in the prototype class (which by the way I don't think we should make "better" than the original ships just different) I feel we should follow a unified design principle.

BUT, I do feel we should possibly have a talk about this