Page 173 of 179 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Oh, hi Hellfire!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

New demo is out, check in at this link and have fun

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...ases-and-Fixes

EDIT: What a great post #1000

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

That's neat, quite solid, though I did get stuck in the walls a bit. It pushed me out after a second or two.

I'll give it another shot later, when i can be bothered to connect my controller. I suck at keyboard, though that could be cause I'm used to playing wipeout with a controller.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

After an hour playing, the demo is quite good, pretty solid.
    No bugs reported so far, but I'll need to do few more sessions.
    Alphard is a pretty fun track, full of variety and challenge. And a beautiful scenery, that is.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Just had a go myself, and I have to say it is such an improvement over the October 13 demo I don't know where to begin! The new physics system is far more fluid and it was easy to get the hang of very quickly, Alphard is a very nice track to race on and the texture quality on the ships is brilliant. It's clear where the effort went since the last one, very well done indeed

A couple of minor things. Firstly in the Controls menu you have Pitch up and Pitch Down. They're labelled the wrong way round. They do work as intended on default but just a small aesthetic point. Secondly, the voice alert for the Atom and Cannon weapons sounds a bit muffled to me, certainly when compared to the much clearer ones for things like Missiles and Rockets.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc_

Anyone on OS X here, maybe? Can you use your gamepad? (I've filed a bug report in the given thread)
    @slipstream devs: I've sent you an email with details, also.

Looking forward to help debugging the problem!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@Hellfire, thanks for your feedback. And also thanks for pointing that out in the menu. As for the voices: We'll re-edit those two a bit.

@mkozjak: Noted. Thanks for your report. Unfortunately, we only have one person with a Mac in the team and he is quite busy at the moment. I will forward this issue to him but you might need to have some patience for the reply. Sorry for the inconvenience :/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc_

No, no problem! Thanks for responding!

Timezone
    GMT -8

I have a Mac, but but couldn't play the October demo, because the archive got all buggered up and couldn't be opened. This one I can play just fine, and.. it's slightly disappointing. Don't get me wrong, the added track, and the fact I can map almost ANY gamepad I have drivers for is very very nice. I just wish it didn't run at a bloody crawl. I have an OK Mac (not even close to the best) but even on the fastest graphics settings, as soon as a single possibly-CPU taxing thing pops on screen (like waterfalls, dust, or other ships) it harshly dips to sub-15 FPS, making what the joy of playing the new Alphard track should be A NIGHTMARE. And I clip through all the barriers on Alphard with almost no effort.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Since I know Mac's for their high price and low specs I shall ask you, what specs are you talking about? What CPU, GPU and amount of RAM your Mac has?

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    I have a Mac, but but couldn't play the October demo, because the archive got all buggered up and couldn't be opened. This one I can play just fine, and.. it's slightly disappointing. Don't get me wrong, the added track, and the fact I can map almost ANY gamepad I have drivers for is very very nice. I just wish it didn't run at a bloody crawl. I have an OK Mac (not even close to the best) but even on the fastest graphics settings, as soon as a single possibly-CPU taxing thing pops on screen (like waterfalls, dust, or other ships) it harshly dips to sub-15 FPS, making what the joy of playing the new Alphard track should be A NIGHTMARE. And I clip through all the barriers on Alphard with almost no effort.
    That's weird because I had a pretty old laptop (around 5 years old) and it ran the game pretty well albeit the graphics having to be on medium low.
    Its specs were:

Intel i3
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics video card (fancy name for "no video card at all")
    Last edited by Xpand; 5th August 2014 at 12:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Quote Originally Posted by mkozjak View Post
    Anyone on OS X here, maybe? Can you use your gamepad? (I've filed a bug report in the given thread)
    @slipstream devs: I've sent you an email with details, also.

Looking forward to help debugging the problem!
    Yo, brother! I'm gonna try it here with USB Overdrive, which software were you using to actually play it with your gamepad?

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    Since I know Mac's for their high price and low specs I shall ask you, what specs are you talking about? What CPU, GPU and amount of RAM your Mac has?
    I will admit, my graphics card is miserable.

CPU: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

RAM: 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 VRAM

Yeah, it's old.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    That's weird because I had a pretty old laptop (around 5 years old) and it ran the game pretty well albeit the graphics having to be on medium low.
    Its specs were:

Intel i3
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics video card (fancy name for "no video card at all")
    That's the thing. You're using Windows. The game is acting like it's only poorly optimized for Mac, but that doesn't even make sense, seeing as the runtime libs for Unity for Windows and Mac are almost identical. This shouldn't happen.
    Last edited by Trilby; 5th August 2014 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Didn't want to make two consecutive posts.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

CPU: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

RAM: 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 VRAM
    Damn man, I don't have contact with such prehistoric device for years, min. 512mb GPU is welcome. Like every other game minimum system requirements have to be met, I can even specify them when am back home especially for you.

PSN ID
    leegamestudios

It sounds like you just don't have the hardware, for comparison my old laptop has;

2.1GHz AMD Athlon 2
    2Gb DDR2 RAM
    AMD Mobility HD 2400 892mb vram
    Windows 8.1 x64

at its native resolution of 1366x768 I was able to get around 30-45 fps on the lowest settings. I would imagine it's your gpu thats causing the fps to drop to as low as 15 since 128Mb vram is really low and aside from that our specs are similar.

As for the new demo it's great! My main deskop had no problem running it and I was able to get my controller working from the new controls screen. My only complaint is that every now and then I would collide head on with a wall and my nose would get stuck in it, then after a few seconds of not being able to move it teleported me miles back down the track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thanks for your feedback. Does this happen on every track, or only on one specific one? And a certain spot or everywhere? We will overlook the colliders there, then

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc_

Hey!

I've tried it with GamePad Companion (3.2 and 3.1 versions). I didn't want to try installing USB Overdrive, since it needed a reboot and that means it might do something with stock drivers. Don't take that for granted, though.

Tried with USB Overdrive, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoDG View Post
    Yo, brother! I'm gonna try it here with USB Overdrive, which software were you using to actually play it with your gamepad?

PSN ID
    leegamestudios

I've been having problems with the two corners on Draco Cavernae just after you jump off the dirt track section, It then teleports me back half way down the dirt track section. I also got stuck on one of the lamp posts on that same section of the track. I attached an image of the area as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Quote Originally Posted by mkozjak View Post
    Hey!

I've tried it with GamePad Companion (3.2 and 3.1 versions). I didn't want to try installing USB Overdrive, since it needed a reboot and that means it might do something with stock drivers. Don't take that for granted, though.

Tried with USB Overdrive, maybe?
    Actually, what I used to play with my PS4 controller was USB Overdrive. I just got GamePad Companion here and I'm going to test it as soon as possible. I'll give you a more concrete answer on what's going on as soon as I can, but for testing purposes, I'd ask you to try testing it with USB Overdrive. It worked on the October 2013 with me normally, so I think it shouldn't be a problem while testing on the new August demo.

If it still doesn't work, please send me a message, and we'll find a way to fix this together.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc_

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoDG View Post
    Actually, what I used to play with my PS4 controller was USB Overdrive. I just got GamePad Companion here and I'm going to test it as soon as possible. I'll give you a more concrete answer on what's going on as soon as I can, but for testing purposes, I'd ask you to try testing it with USB Overdrive. It worked on the October 2013 with me normally, so I think it shouldn't be a problem while testing on the new August demo.

If it still doesn't work, please send me a message, and we'll find a way to fix this together.
    Actually, it works with USB Overdrive. What's very interesting is that when I duplicate an input device in USB Overdrive and choose a ps3 controller in it, and also turn off the stock preset, the game would still block. Do you have the same problem?

Further, the game is stuck when not using any gamepad helpers, whereas, in example, Trine 2 works.
    And it seems if I just copy a 'Game' preset in USB Overdrive without even choosing a ps3 controller, the game would still not run, even though that one copied preset is the only one enabled.
    Last edited by mkozjak; 5th August 2014 at 07:52 PM.