Page 128 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

some small redesigning and tightening up of the myron blade: Myron render5.pngMyron render6.pngMyron render7.png

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Will we be overbuilding the start grid? If we are going to see all teams in the foreseeable future,will the grid be long enough for the latecomers to make the full grid? Wipeout HD and Pulse had the inability to accomodate all teams.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

there will only be 8 teams at any given moment as far as we know now, it's possible to change that I suppose but generally speaking we shouldn't need more than that. although thats a point to discuss I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    I believe it's a new console. But Unity doesn't have a compiler system for that... So, no...
    https://twitter.com/playouya/status/222764652474544128

Unity is a launch partner so sooner or later they should be releasing support for it. For anyone who doesn't know anything about it. It's a new android based console. They raised $8.5m on kickstarter. It's due to launch March 2013. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o-game-console

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

damn... yeah it would be cool to have ssgx on there but... the closer we get to releasing this thing the more I get concerned that we have to remove any mention of wipeout especially if we're going to compete on the same market (even if we don't make any money from it releasing the game on ouya would mean that the Ouya is competing with ps3 and vita with a game based on the same principles and style of play... not to mention style of graphics etc.) sony might not take to kindly to that so before we decide anything of the sort we really have to´... well probably talk to sony about the game and how they will act if we release it on Ouya or steam or something like it.

Also playing around a bit with the myron: Myron render8.png
    Last edited by Oryx Crake; 25th August 2012 at 10:41 PM.

To release on OUYA we have to have at least one of those consoles for debugging...
    3D model of the ST116 on the way.... Give it one or two days 'till I finish it, if everything goes well...
    Attachment 6639Attachment 6640

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

loving it xpand should we start designing some liveries? I could take a look at that if you send me a top down view I'm thinking maybe 5-8 different liveries, waddaya say?

You can use the blueprints. They aren't 100% exact, because I had to make a slight change in the width of the craft, but it's just a slight adaptation.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...97-d5ce5wq.jpg
    Just keep in mind that this is supposed to be a public access ship, like a sports car, only "tuned" for illegal racing. So sponsors aren't really what we're looking for here, and flashy paintschemes are also a big no-no. That's ok for expo tuning cars (or ships in this case), but for illegal racing you want to keep a low profile.
    Last edited by Xpand; 26th August 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Yeah I was thinking at most some stripes or stuff like that that street racers add to their cars no fancy pantsy stuff really just colors to distinguish the ships from each other. Sorta like this: Thruster S base.jpgThruster S basegreen.jpgThruster S basepurple.jpgThruster S basered.jpgThruster S basestriped.jpgThruster S basevon strauss edition.jpgThruster S baseyellow.jpgThruster S thrashed.jpg
    Last edited by Oryx Crake; 26th August 2012 at 06:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

These are the prototype ships? Sorry for being a little confused^^ Maybe you and Oryx can add up your curren WIP ship models to the Gdocs and label them as prototypes or whatever they are, would be nice

An rendering Phantomizer right now. But it will take much longer than any other renderings I have done so far since I have transparent ship effects etc. going on there.
    Oh and Dread is creating models for the weapons, like missile, rockets etc. during the next time. Had a chat on Skype with him recently.

@Oryx yeah same here. The ship shouldn't experience an overload of decals & stuff like a NASCAR-car, would too much look like some sort of commercial racing. Maybe apply the team logo of course but not many other stuff.
    Last edited by docfo4r; 26th August 2012 at 05:47 PM.

This is the first ship to use in the campaign, lol... Like in those racing games like NFSU and GT, you always start with a weak and generic car. This ship is going to be used on Porto Kora in the first race of the campaign, then if you win you can chose a specific team for the campaign.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

yeah I added some different basic liveries on the last page trying to keep them as standardized as possible and a decal for the company making the ships I tried to make them simple, including one I call Von strauss edition (the black and red one also von strauss is the name of the founder and first pilot of amphithere according to dusk's background story on the team, a rich former wipeout pilot who used his earnings to create amphithere so I thought why not make it something like a "shelby" edition) and one from the scrap heap.

Okay, I'm going to start to do something that I should have done like a year ago:
    Attachment 6649Attachment 6650
    See the rivets and depressions? That will be included in all the ships as bump/normal map.
    Ditto:
    Attachment 6651Attachment 6652Attachment 6653Attachment 6654Attachment 6655Attachment 6656
    Last edited by Xpand; 27th August 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Nice attention to the details. In fact, I enjoy the moment on Wipeout HD when a race starts and before the countdown you see some close-ups on the ships and so many details on it you never noticed while racing or in the menu. So, good work on that
    By the way: Do you think you can send me a sideview-look of each ship with white background? For the website, you know

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

This is probably going to be the last time I reattempt drawing this craft.Have to prepare for the third Preliminary Examination and GCE O Level
    Here is the F7200 Drag Prototype inspired Airbraker concept craft.
    If this does not make the cut,just drop the airbraker craft idea.

That looks so rigid... You sketched that with a ruler I suppose? You should explore more fluid shapes, let your pencil "be free" and don't limit the range of motion to straight lines...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

For this,I was aiming for symmetry...

Screw symmetry. You should start by the side view and then make make an horizontal line, the symmetry line of the top view, and using vertical lines connecting key points of the side view you draw only HALF of the top view, like so:
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...5e-d3juodc.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

So...how long more before teams/constructors are finalised?