Page 77 of 179 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Sounds nice, but one thing about the ships. I can make it single object (single mesh) but then you won't be able to animate the ships. What I can do is make a damage model so you replace the ship with that model when the ship explodes. But I'll leave that to you. If only the joined mesh ships is possible, then I'll do it. All the rest seems awesome.

What is the ship/track config?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I've finished... somewhat with a coverart for the game now it's up to you guys to tell me what you think of it, and well if there are any changes you'd like me to make

Also the website has had a few small updates such as the inclusion of the Logos team and the coverart.
    Last edited by Oryx Crake; 15th April 2012 at 02:05 AM.

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

See how you are getting another computer... remember about us (all pre 2010 comps), that we can't handle the professional graphics...

Remember, LGX12, about 6 years old, full of programs, cant handle that much work...

You can always change the game settings to low... With all the textures and details in the ships and tracks, plus the extra scripts that zero probably added I highly doubt it can be a lightweight game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

some screen grabs from the track I'm... trying to design... far from finished and I haven't even begun to understand how to UV map this yet but hey at least it's something. innercity2.jpginnercity3.jpginnercity4.jpginnercity track.jpg

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

New scripts, no, but modified functions and added some new features, yes xd By the way, Xpand, what do you mean by "What is the ship/track config?"? xd I really don't know how to answer to that X_X
    EDIT: Aaaah, I'm using "/" as "&" (and).
    Oh, and as for combining ships meshes, just combine those that are not animated and it will be alright As for destroyed ship you decide if you want to make destroyed ship mesh or should I just make them textured.

Engine fire looks like this
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 15th April 2012 at 08:48 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

The website looks great so far Oryx! And I didn't know we had so much music up already, because I also wanted to add a soundtrack, still working on it though.

Anyway, with all the new material, pictures, music, schemes etc. I am going to start to work some kind of trailer video at the next week so I can finally participate to this great project!

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx Crake View Post
    some screen grabs from the track I'm... trying to design... far from finished and I haven't even begun to understand how to UV map this yet but hey at least it's something. innercity2.jpginnercity3.jpginnercity4.jpginnercity track.jpg
    Looks pretty awesome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    New scripts, no, but modified functions and added some new features, yes xd By the way, Xpand, what do you mean by "What is the ship/track config?"? xd I really don't know how to answer to that X_X
    EDIT: Aaaah, I'm using "/" as "&" (and).
    Oh, and as for combining ships meshes, just combine those that are not animated and it will be alright As for destroyed ship you decide if you want to make destroyed ship mesh or should I just make them textured.

Engine fire looks like this
    Engine fire looks cool, I can make a light map to illuminate the interior of the exhaust tube to give the flame more volume. About the damage model, what I'm thinking of doing is for example a damaged solaris with burnt textures and holes (we can make the holes as opacity maps) kinda like the ones in Pulse, when you get eliminated. And those damage models are pretty simple and single mesh.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

small update I added Zepher to the roster on the site and made a logo for it zepherlogo.png

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Cool

Hah, I got " all EnemyAI ships finding" script done and now I just have to wait for Xpand to send me his ships so I can make AI ships being loaded on track according to player's ship selection (like in WOHD xd)

@Oryx: This logo.. sooo gooood

Here are the 4 complete ships.
    link removed, purpose served
    Model in 3DS format. Texture in TGA format
    Make the material transparent to use with alpha for glass transparency and also self-illuminated.
    Last edited by Xpand; 17th April 2012 at 08:07 PM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Oki, thanks, now it's time to work :d

Looking at the screenshots, the project is coming on really well, and looks very professional. I think all those who are working on it deserve a pat on the back

My projects going slowly (got to look after two babies now!!) but it will get there too someday- and I hope it looks and plays as good as this.

I am interested Zero, how did you manage to get ships to turn correctly in sharp turns? The control scheme in my game uses opposite linear forces to cancel any sideslip.

I also forgot to add I'm getting a new PC too (a Rasberry Pi) although not quite as powerful as yours
    Last edited by Rotational_aspect; 15th April 2012 at 02:38 PM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Well, when I'm configuring an model's rigidbody I have option like "rigidbody's drag" (air resistance value) so I've set it to a value of 3 and that makes ship to slide minimally. As for ship slowing down my script which makes ship accelerate does opposite... decelerate and it just "slides" forward when thrust is not pressed. When collision with wall/track is detected "ActualShipSpeed" value gradually decreases so it feels like... friction... xd Hope it clears your doubts

New song... Don't know if you want to use it in game, but it's pretty energic
    http://soundcloud.com/rbng-1/kinetic

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Saxophooooooooooooone, we meet again... xd Anyway, nice track

Some great work, Xpand! My only crit would be that having an all black colour scheme masks the shape too much, so it just becomes a silhouette (and you can't make out any details).

But other than that its great-good job

Thanks! Actually, I wanted it to be like the F-117, really stealthy kinda mysterious ship. Like it's backstory.

Xpand: cool!

zero3growlithe: a general question about the node based nav system: does your script allow for AI to dodge mines? If so, how have you done this? I ask as I am currently experimenting with putting a dodge mechanism in place (so if a ship locks on from behind, or detects mines/ danger ahead the AI sideshifts). The current way works OK between nodes, but the closer you get to a nav node it causes problems.