Page 130 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Fair enough.

Yeah, you're right. We shouldn't make them look like space ships. After all they need reasonable designs for a good drag coefficient.
    But what I want to say is that we shouldn't make a strict design principle, otherwise we'd have a future F1 race. Hope you know what I mean I am just thinking of something a little more unique than the classic "two arms" or "spire nose" shape [Assegai / Feisar designs].

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I can agree to that doc though that's also part of whats fun about the prototype class we can go nuts a little bit.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dusk118

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx Crake View Post
    Swap the colors on this, and you'll have it down. I love everything I've seen so far. Can't wait to try it all out in the finished version. Still need to work out a prototype for Amphithere, though.

As promissed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG6-G...ature=youtu.be

I didn't put everybody in the credits because this is only about the physics and ships. Most contributions from everybody else don't appear here. I hope you don't mind

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

This is looking absolutely phenomenal. Fantastic work guys!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Awesome video, Xpand. I love it!

Haha you're right, Helios really looks like a ferrari xD
    My favourite one is iFreet still. The colors and decals work perfect for me. As for the credits.... Should I go with our real names aswell when I rework the website? Or a mix of both, maybe like

Given name "forum name" family name
    or
    Given name family name - "forum name"

But it might be a little too long if there is a long forum name already [yeah, I am talking to you, zero3growlithe xD]. I think it's best like you did it in the video. So it would come in handy if everybody could write his name into the credits section of G-Docs, I think not all of us know each other that well yet.

This morning I had an idea for the story. Why not making a story based closer to real facts instead of having fiction all over. We could begin like "Since the official sponsor for the Wipeout series has been closed, a new type of anti-gravity race was invented"... You know, official sponsor = SL. It would also work perfect since our first track to enter campaign mode is the remake of Porto Kora, an official Wipeout track. And we have basic elements of Wipeout, like speed class. What do you guys think? Just an idea though.
    But I'll create a story ideas section in our docs. Everyone who has ideas can write them down there so they won't get lost in our rage of posting

===
    Project overview
    Last edited by docfo4r; 29th August 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    We could begin like "Since the official sponsor for the Wipeout series has been closed, a new type of anti-gravity race was invented"... You know, official sponsor = SL. It would also work perfect since our first track to enter campaign mode is the remake of Porto Kora, an official Wipeout track. And we have basic elements of Wipeout, like speed class. What do you guys think? Just an idea though.
    I think the first sentence should read "Since the official sponsor for the Wipeout series has been closed, a new type of anti-gravity racing was born"
    But will people know the link between this and the WipEout series? I actually wonder...is there a Race Commission? Because the way I see it,it would be on a rotational basis with only a few permanent members.

And I'd like to ask:Is there still room for new tracks?

Of course there's room for new tracks! The ship list is full, we already have 8 teams. Now tracks, we only have one made and another on the verge of being finished...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

So do I eschew my Airbraker ship,or just hold on to it as an idea?

I hope this happens it wud be awesome!!

It already kinda happened, lol. You just have to go one or two page back, to find some gameplay videos.

@FEISAR: scrap it... I'm sorry, but it's way too basic to actually get something out of it...

Timezone
    GMT -5

I saw a video of this game you're all making on YouTube, I figured I'd help out by making some music for you to use.
    Here's a link to a track I made for you all to use: http://soundcloud.com/deloreandudetommy/race-technology
    To download it, you just click the "download" button. No royalties necessary (but I would like to be mentioned in the credits).
    Last edited by DeloreandudeTommy; 29th August 2012 at 04:54 PM.

Cool! Sounds awesome.
    Do you want me to add your alias name or your real name?

Timezone
    GMT -5

My alias name would be fine.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Haha I love De Loreans ^^

Awesome music.
    Hey but if you wanna contribute to the project fully, we'll need your real name later on for credits. In case you really want this music to get used.

EDIT: Guys, I am locking the Gdocs, it is public atm, so you can only access it through email. Doesn't have to be a @gmail email. So everyone who's deeper in the project, just send me your email by PM and I'll add you to the authorization list.
    Last edited by docfo4r; 29th August 2012 at 05:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'll email you my real name (minus my middle name) later on.
    A couple of other songs you could use are these:
    http://soundcloud.com/deloreandudetommy/190bpm
    http://soundcloud.com/deloreandudetommy/so-many-drums

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Yeah alright. I think the decision which music we use in the end has yet to be made. I think in the end we will have lots of music.

Just make sure you stick around

Timezone
    GMT -5

I certainly will, this game looks like it's going to be awesome.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

about music: we might want to talk to this guy http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...=xpandrome2097

A few buggy laps around DC:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZrSI...ature=youtu.be
    Aparently the track is a bit small or the ships are just too fast with too little handling...