Page 175 of 179 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179 LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

If only the teams were given pilots so that the teams could gain more of a unique personality towards the teams.

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Quote Originally Posted by Rovenami View Post
    If only the teams were given pilots so that the teams could gain more of a unique personality towards the teams.
    Uhhh... We did have those.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Szeikan

I'm the pilot, not some random guys... The team personality can be in the backstory and management, we don't need some pilots who aren't actually ones even piloting (that's us!). But I know the SSGX team feel otherwise so oh well.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by TypeProton View Post
    Uhhh... We did have those.
    I noticed the (placeholder?) b/w portraits when selecting my craft. :3 Hope the dev team does more with that!

Quote Originally Posted by SZEIKAN View Post
    I'm the pilot, not some random guys... The team personality can be in the backstory and management, we don't need some pilots who aren't actually ones even piloting (that's us!). But I know the SSGX team feel otherwise so oh well.
    It's interesting to see the different ways people engage with characters in the games they play.

For me, I'm always controlling a character. It's never supposed to be "me". Even when I'm playing an RPG, I don't try to create myself and imagine I'm somehow "in" the game when I'm playing. I'll make up a character with their own personality and background that I think would fit into the setting. As the player, I'm the unseen presence guiding that character's hand when they're driving, shooting or what have you. So having those characters be more defined presences within the game, with faces and histories and whatnot, can really add to my enjoyment.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    s3thy_24

Quote Originally Posted by SZEIKAN View Post
    I agree with SZEIKAN, in my opinion it is better in a racing game like wipeout or slipstream gx to have no character pilots in game so that it feels like you are the one who is piloting the ship. If there ever comes a time where I want to follow and control a character's story in a video game, I would go and play a role-playing game instead.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

well not giving too much away here, let me just tell you that the idea of having pilot characters in the game was never for you to imagine yourself as being one of them, but rather as context to the story and an obstacle to overcome, which is also why they all have alternate liveries.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Oryx got it right.
    The faces you are seeing do not refer to the player but to the lead pilot of the team. The current UI will be reworked and there will be a better presentation which hopefully clears up this confusion

reason for edit: replaced "actual pilot in the ship" by "player" for added clearness, hope you don't mind
    Last edited by Xpand; 22nd December 2014 at 06:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I would like to have some characters in that game. Well of course, you time traveled to 2185 and are now a AC150 pilot, you are you, right. But I would prefer that you know who you have infront of you rather than "Oh here is a Logos, let's overtake him using a missile."

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Well Jonny that really is the idea of the Lead pilots, they all have their own ship liveries and you will be able to spot them and distinguish them from the regular craft, how exactly this will be implemented in the game is a bit uncertain at the moment, but you will definitely be able to see if you are racing against one of the lead pilots.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Ah you wrote this earlier. Sorry, I missed that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

New videoblog is up:

Hope you enjoy it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Nice vid mate!
    The main change I hope from the last build is a better handling of the ships

yep, we've been doing it too, since last year!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Some progress on Basin Park finally:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

New videoBlog from the programmers meeting in Poland is up

Goldstar Advancements Obital Defence Platform 'Sentinel Station'
    PSN ID
    kingpin123455

Hey guys, when the final version is ready, would it be possible to compact the file and make it use less RAM because when I try to play it, the game crashes after the airtime studio logo appears.

(PC specs:
    Processor: AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.40 GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating System)

Here's something we've been cooking up since almost a year ago. We're trying really hard to release this at the right time, but we can't promise it'll come out on the 29th this month, because we are in the middle of optimizing the game's code and bugs occur and are fixed pretty much daily. In any case, we'll make an extra effort, because without this game we wouldn't be making SSGX in the first place. We would like to extend our greatest thanks to everyone who supported us, and everyone who worked on the Wipeout series. SSGX owes its birth to them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@kingpin: The next build comes with lots of optimization + built on a new version of Unity. I can't give you exact values but the performance should be better this time

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Sorry, nothing to see here
    Last edited by Xpand; 29th September 2015 at 06:52 PM.