Page 176 of 179 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Why is the video private? I can't watch it.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Video is private, can't see it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

as the two above posts already mentioned, the video is private, not possible to watch

Sorry guys we jumped the gun. SSGX is waay too unstable to be released. We're in a middle of a full code rewrite that will make the game lighter on the computer, and less bug prone. However the test builds we made to check if the game was good for release all failed because to the ton of bugs and glitches that happened due to half the code being legacy. Game crashes also happened. I hope you understand that we're trying our best not to give you a broken product.
    Last edited by Xpand; 29th September 2015 at 06:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Unity 5 changes everything and we're having to rebuild the entire game to make it work under the new system. It's really unfortunate timing for critical stuff like this to occur but we believe it's the best for the game. Thanks for understanding.

Massive apologies. I wonder how we could make it up to you ?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Just do your best, take your time, and make a quality product, that'll be enough!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...R9HrgGQyA/edit
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byn...VtZGljU3c/view
    Anniversary build uploaded.
    Contains all the F3600 ships and pilots and Korodera. Only that. Regular SSGX content is locked due to the reasons stated above.
    It still has some bugs but they're very sparse. In any case please keep in mind what we said about the code rewrite before posting a bug report.
    This is just so you guys don't go empty handed due to our and unity's f*** ups.
    Last edited by Xpand; 30th September 2015 at 03:05 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Plays pretty nicely considering it's mid-port! Just one hard crash mid-way through my 8th race. Only other thing I noticed was that the pitch controls seem to "toggle" rather than being "push to make". I ended up vertical in a Qirex on one Speed Lap session
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 2nd October 2015 at 12:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah, due to the current situation, the build is not in the most stable and optimized state, unfortunately. I hope you can enjoy it anyways. We will make sure to deliver the promised build including the finished SSGX tracks as well as the prototype ships as soon as we have SSGX stable again!

Besides there, I would like to share this document with you guys:
    http://tinyurl.com/ssgx-bp

Here you can find the concept and general idea of the final tracks to make: Basin Park North and -South. And before I/we start the actual modeling phase, I'd like to share this concept with all you precious fans and supporters, so YOU girls and guys have a chance to not only read, but to comment on it to give me some feedback and improvements or add up your ideas.
    Of course I can't promise that I can make every of your ideas reality, but I hope that the Basin Park tracks will be shaped not only by the SSGX-team, but also by the community that made SSGX even possible!

Timezone
    GMT -3

I'm not complaining about the game development, but could you plz put a joystick deadzone? My Xbox 360 controller stick got busted, so it's kind of loose. I keep tilting to the left most of the time, because of the low deadzone :/

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Can be done, when doing more advanced In-game options I'll include this as a customizable option.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Wow! Game looks awesome. I want one when available.
    As I'm kind of new here I haven't read thru the hundreds of pages in this topic but I was wondering about the barrel rolls. Do they serve a purpose or is it just for looks? It seems about as practical as popping a wheelie in a motorcycle race. I know they had them in 3 or fusion but I thought they were gimmicky there too...

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Thanks for your kind words

As for the purpose of barrel rolls, a successful roll gives you a slight speed boost once you land on the ground. In WipEout games you perform a single barrel roll, in SSGX you can perform max. 3 barrel rolls for a more powerful boost.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Thank you for your kind recognition in the latest Facebook post. I'd think you there.... If I had a Facebook lol. But seriously, working with you guys was a fantastic experience that not only gave me further knowledge of software and design concepts, but also taught me the value of cooperation within a team. Thanks for letting me be a part of the ride and I wish you all the best of luck in your respective careers and in the completion of SSGX.

What are the speed classes and how fast are they?

Speed classes: Alpha~=Venom, Beta~=Rapier, Gamma~=Phantom.

Timezone
    GMT -3

So how is the development going? There is no post since 4th January...

Development is on hiatus. Everybody's busy with their personal lives (university, jobs, etc), and we're also waiting for the game's code to be completely converted and fixed from Javascript to C# before starting to add more content to the game.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

but don't worry, we're still going to finish it!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Great news. This game is too good and too much fun not to.
    Last edited by Tucknut.net; 31st January 2016 at 01:28 PM.