Page 153 of 179 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

HELIOS Prototype.jpg

Hey guys, I designed a prototype ship for Helios. I've done the side view and top view, but I'm really struggling with drawing the rear and front of the craft... I'll try, though.

I hope the design is okay.

Uhh, that looks good! I might actually use that as a basis! Maybe thicken the pod connections and lower the cockpit height.
    Thanks!
    I'll ask the rest of the crew if they like it. I'll then ask you to send me a PM with your real name so we can include you in the credits, in case we end up making the ship like that.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! And yeah, you're right, it would look better with thicker connections.
    Also, is it okay without a rear & front view or would it be better if I drew those as well?

- - - Updated - - -

HELIOS Proto.psd
    Also, here's the .psd file with layers in case you need it (it's also a clearer image.)

Just the top and side is enough.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Holy potato! Those ships are awesome Chloe! Can i make a 3D model of this azure one? I would really love to fly with that What is its name?

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it.
    Yeah, that's fine, in fact I'd be honored if you made a model!

- - - Updated - - -

It's the prototype for Helios. :3

Timezone
    GMT + 10

This is what i made in a jiffy. I really not quite sure what team is suitable for this design so I left it uncoloured.
    5KXUi.jpg

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

@lojo, it looks pretty good ^_^!
    @rupang, it looks pretty cool

Hmm... I'm almost done my drawing... I'll show my progress Thursday/Friday/Saturday

Except for that... I didnt think of any track descriptions lately...

@doc, can i see your track story again??

Thanks, Feisar Rocket! Looking forward to seeing your drawing.
    And Rupang, your design looks pretty sweet! Looks like my kinda ship!

- - - Updated - - -

Also... Do you guys need any concept art for tracks or environments or anything? Because I could always have a go at that.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Concept art for track i do need, it would be cool to have at least one track which uses mag-strip technology somewhere cos i need that for testing my code... this track will not be included in normal tracks selection though but i guess i'll need it for zone mode in some way
    btw. Your ship is in progress, at least 30% done, it is a bit hard to make it from one image but with that i can go crazy with imagination

Timezone
    GMT + 7

An EFFA advertisement. P:

[.ai file][.svg file]

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

reminds me of IBM

Only thing I'd say is change the text which says 'European Foundation for Future Advancement' to a more legible, modern font. It's at that point where what once looked futuristic looks retro (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Zeerust)
    Last edited by rdmx; 14th November 2012 at 06:52 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Century Gothic perhaps? Or maybe something geometrically correct.

In our Fx-150, how established can the team get? Should we be aiming for something that is a disorganised group (early days of NASCAR) or something much more established (like typical F1 racing)?
    Last edited by Rupang; 14th November 2012 at 07:12 AM.

The league is comprised of 8 teams, with two ships each. They will be the same throughout the whole campaign. In the campaign you'll only pilot a "tuned" civilian sports ship in a set of illegal races in Porto Kora. From then on you only play with the established 8 teams in the official league, still don't know if with only one team for the whole campaign or if it's swtichable.

@zero3growlithe, that's great! I'm looking forward to seeing your model, sorry I could only do the top and side views for you

Also, I do have a quick sketch of a track I did a few weeks ago which I could clean up and colour... I has the idea that it could be set on a 20th century motorway/freeway which has been modified for racing. Good idea?

Timezone
    GMT -8

I recently came across some fonts used in Wipeout... it seems like they were custom made. Would anyone be interested in seeing them extracted in case they fit with someone's team logo?

Edit: I guess that would be illegal if they were made by the Wipeout team though...

logo_3_EFFA1.pnglogo_3_EFFA2.png

How about something like this font? I bet you can never guess what it is though....

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Bold Arial font?

I can see your thinking, but no.

Its the font used on British railway signage (plus others):http://www.doublearrow.co.uk/rail_alphabet.htm

I've been itching to see what its like in action. I'd planned to use it in the graphical design of my game (but I'm still scripting it- so no pretty stuff for me yet!).

What do you think? Its one of my favourites as it has a nice utilitarian elegance without being fiddly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey guys, sorry for the absence, school week without internet

The prototype design of Helios is awesome!! Great work on that, clojo!

Quote Originally Posted by feisar rocket View Post
    @doc, can i see your track story again??
    Sure, here you got all facts:

Nazca Remains
    Finalized: 30th September 2087
    Reverse possible: Yes
    Approx lap time on phantom: ~25 seconds
    Description:
    While the more than 200 meters large line-shaped symbols in the desert of Nazca have always been a subject for archaeologists and scientists, the abandoned constructions and buildings mainly remained undiscovered. An AG-Research establishment finally bought up the whole piece of land for a very large amount. Their goal was to create a racetrack while leaving the remains untouched. This explains the strange course of the road and why there is no crowd yet only video transmissions of the races. Anyhow the project was given up since the sponsors saw no profit. The track was left for almost 100 years now. Pilots have to be careful since there wasn’t any maintenance on the track for a long time.
    When you feel loneliness combined with the spirit of mystical history, you know you're racing on "Nazca Remains"!

Nazca Remains also experienced a great update model- and texture-wise, I will do a video of it when I got a few more things done