Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Doubles league again anyone?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Feisar you're back ^_^

Long time no see

I remember our little partnership. You were the brains and the ideas and I was the...well I can't think of anything other than fluffer. Publicist sounds a bit too much like I was doing a good job of it lol

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Feisar31

I've been around.

As I remember it, you had the idea and then I went off and wrote a small bible on how everything should work. Then we posted about a third of that, and you did the rest.

OBH the formula I used is on the ranking calculator page, at the bottom. (I'm glad I put it there because otherwise I would have forgotten myself...)

And LOL KGB!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Don't forget Multiplayer Elo Calculator by TorquedSoul, I like it because you are able to play races with 2, 3 or 4 teams in same tournament!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Torqued Soul was also working on the YAWL site for all sorts of league and ranking shenanigans. He closed it to finish working on it. Perhaps could be good to see how far he got with it? There's a thread somewhere too so you could try a search.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    Shame it didnt work for you last time L&P, PROUDtoH8YOU with IH8YOU was such a hilarious team name
    Oh, man...yes, I loved our team name. Too funny.

Would this doubles reboot consist of ALL tracks or just the original WOHD tracks like the first time? I ask because I'm absolutely terrible on the Fury tracks, ha ha.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

All depends really, gonna have a think about it over the weekend. Its an awful lot of races if we include all the fury tracks.

My first idea was to set up a racing calendar - weeks 1 & 2 = a certain series of tracks, weeks 3 & 4 = different series of tracks, and so on, that way the races are kept short, and the tracks are mixed up a little bit

early days though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unctuous View Post
    Oh damn, starting in September? I'll be at school then and without a PS3 until I'm at home for breaks/holidays. Sorry, I guess I'll have to pass on this one. Good luck to the rest of you.
    Damn, now yeldar has rudely abandoned me i was going to ask if you wantd to race! Guess ill have to convince amorbis to get his racing shoes back on

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I'll be up for it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I like this idea haydn.

Exemple :
    9/1/2010 20.00 GMT, serie 1 : available teams join if they want. If there are 5-6-7-8 teams, 2 groups are done (according to ELO ranking)

9/6/2010 15.00 GMT, serie 1 bis... teams who are playing in serie 1 are always welcome

9/15/2010 17.00 GMT, serie 2...

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Umm, i dont quite understand

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

It's not the teams that have to arrange a tournament between them (current format of Xpand and old doubles league).

You said you will decide a serie of tracks for weeks 1 & 2, so you annouce it. (VK, CP, Sol2 etc)

Then, 2 solutions (or 3).

1. You impose some rendezvous for playing this series, and the teams, if they want, join one or several dates.
    2. You impose nothing, each team that want hosting a serie create a thread in a social group : "X Team will host serie 1 day D, Time T (GMT)" and any team that want join this serie.
    3. You place one or two rendezvous but the teams are able to purpose other dates

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

If Doubles are going to successfully work this time round and be more effective for everyone, several things need to be considered more than anything else.

Including;

I - Common communication between double partners. Including PSN, WZ, and or other means of communication to be replied to, or at absolute least be attempted to be replied to.

II - Common communication between double teams. Including PSN, WZ and other means of communication to be replied to, or at absolute least to be attempted to be replied to.

III - A thread that is solely for double arrangement times/suggestions, giving a possible one week in advance time arrangements between teams before a schedule meet up.

IV - If there is a problem with a meet up between double teams or double partners. FFS! communicate with each other. Nothing more pain in the arse attending an organized meet and one team or the double partner has pissed off with out informing the other, because that is just inconsiderate.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Sigh...And ACE said that he would be my doubles partner...if it wasn't for the distance between us.Guess it was never meant to be after all...
    Fracking hell there are not many active members from Southeast Asia or at least Asia(or is it?)...Anyone from Asia?(preferred timezones non-DST:GMT+7 to GMT+9)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Maybe Ace was quick with his words. We can talk this over on the PSN or something.

I know what you mean about timezones and locations. Im the only person in Perth, one of a very few people that are active in WOHD that are in the GMT+8 timezone. 85% of the players are either in the UK or France. The other 15% is the Asian, US and AU players.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

im not very good but would love to compete if a teamate would have me

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

i like your thinking kaori

you might want to think twice about being ACE-FLOs partner KIGO, you wouldnt want him to say hes going to be there then not turn up

old habbits die hard ey ace?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Well if he doesnt pull a kaori on me ill be all fair dinkum and happy.

Ace said he would be a few peoples partners as well:S Need to sort this out. ill be having a vc session with him tonight to sort this out. You can join if you want to Haydn if you have a spare bluetooth headset on you

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Pending the final determination on rules and format, it looks like I will be pairing up with IDReaper. Likely team name: PROUDlyReaping

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Hmm well i dont know what the entire story is with Ace atm, but if that all goes to shiit. I would like to pair up with someone in the same timezone as me. GMT+8. That could be FEISAR from Singapore, or KANDANG from Malaysia.

Should find out near enough.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I enjoyed the previous doubles league and I'd like to participate in a new one. Sadly I don't think I'll be getting my old partner eLhabib back as he doesn't appear to be active on here or on the PSN so much any more, I hope he's OK.

I'll participate if anyone is interested in a rusty, out-of-shape Piranha pilot to race with.

i would like to play doubles..i will be able to get a partner as i used to play a lot of this in the old days.....