View Poll Results: What do you think should be done with the GREEN league?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • make all GREEN races 6 laps to avoid messing up leaderboards.

7 15.91%
  • Close it down

3 6.82%
  • Leave the GREEN league as it is

19 43.18%
  • Not Bothered

15 34.09%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GREEN League : the bane of wipEout?

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Hold on! This is wipEoutzone, we are the people who make wipEout what it is... Granted there were bad apples in the past who compromised the leaderboards with questionable methods ranging from CFW, Jaytech, GLitches etc etc, and because of it, New leaderboards were placed within this very site here, so GENUINE times could be entered. Like in the Pulse boards for example... All this because peeps were not playing on the same level playing field, this action had to be takenm becasue WZ members created a stink about it back then..

Funny isn't it, hypocritical even, that now that GREEN league is givinig its members an unfair chance at bettering their times, that there was no leaderboard made to reflect that? I raise the point here...

So why is it different for GREEN League, every WZ member BLATANTLY knows the advantages this league proviides... yet the rest of the people who play wipEout but are not members of Wipeoutzone are unaware of this GREEN format which gives its pilots unfair advantages... Is this fair? Is this the same level playing field you all made an uproar about back then? No, it isn't - it's not fair to them, and someone has to give the silent majority a voice. Me.

This GREEN League issue is Hypocricital, and downright dishonest when you think about it, Prove me wrong!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Ill prove you wrong, I paid £15 for this game, and ill play it however i choose.

Your turn, prove me wrong?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

In response to your very first statement. No we are not.

We are not the ones who decide how the game works.
    We are not the ones who decide how the game is supposed to be played.
    We are not the ones who decide what players can or can not do.

You know who decides this?

What we do, is we decide, with what is given to us by Studio Liverpool, how we play their game.
    We decide what is fun, and we can do it together online. Green League is that, it is an agreement between players that this type of race is fun and we should do it together.

Is it unfair? It's a matter of opinion, but like I said before, if the Green League stops RIGHT NOW, what can you do about the players who go out in newbie Phantom games to win by a tremendous margin, those who have a friend stay logged in a private lobby to have all the time in the world to make a record, or those that create multiple accounts and each of them have a top time on the leaderboard?
    You can do nothing. Because you do not decide what players do with the game. This decision lies with Studio Liverpool.

you talk of unfairness....

ace you must realise non zone members also do play private races without shooting each other...always have

you must also no about gang races where players work as a team to eliminate stronger outside players.

you do realise players play green races but make out their weapon races to make them look cool

players do make up fake rank 1 ids and go into novice races to boost their wins and get good times

and yes they may still be glitchers but how they do it i have no idea

it isnt unfair to do green races as you can do them yourself

i hate mines and bombs and wont use them unless i really have to..can i say its unfair cos i dont use them and others do and thats why i cannot compete
    no i say if i lose i deserved to cos i restricted myself and what i can do with made up rules in my head ..that mean nothing to the world i play in
    like or not no one can dictate how another player wants to play...

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    Ill prove you wrong, I paid £15 for this game, and ill play it however i choose.

Your turn, prove me wrong?
    You've missed the point of my post, and proved something else... how much you paid for the game

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

It was about £12.50 on psn store on release day to be exact.

And to be honest, i answered your question spot on i think -
    This GREEN League issue is Hypocricital, and downright dishonest when you think about it, Prove me wrong!
    They paid for the game, they choose how to play the game. Theres nothing downright dishonest about it.

If anything, youve missed the points that jasmin, d777, and myself have each laid out in front of you.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

No Haydn, I understand those points perfectly, here - Studio Liverpool make the Game, You play it how you want, just like those hackers, CFW users, Jaytech abusers and god knows who else who discovered how to make faster times... simple.

Prove me wrong???

anyone for pimms

sorry......

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

The difference is unlike hackers etc, this is for honest competition and enjoyment. The league wasnt created for the intention of heading the leaderboard, but for fun.

You know what, i like fun, so excuse me, im going to go join GREEN

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    Studio Liverpool make the Game, You play it how you want, just like those hackers, CFW users, Jaytech abusers and god knows who else who discovered how to make faster times... simple.
    Lol Jasmin

Eeh I can't believe this is still going down. Ace, I really like and respect you but seriously, if youre going to start this argument then you might as well put the majority of zoners into your sin bin....shortcuts, BRing off the lip of a track etc is all in the same league....it's not how it was designed to be played, but people always will find a way to go faster. You dont hear me chastising people for using shortcuts, when I myself don't. Just deal with it

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

I cant deal with hypocrisy, sorry

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Exactly cat i remember how annoyed i was with boostBRs and shortcuts....... i even made a thread about it saying it was the 'bane of wipeout'

learnt the error of my ways in the end, and made sure to apologise to a few Frenchmen i annoyed

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

well, don't hold your breath, no apology is coming from me, I haven't flamed anyone lol

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I think you have missed something here.

Studio Liverpool has acted against glitchers and hackers (They have removed their score from the leaderboards.) Studio Liverpool has acted against Jaytech (It is impossible to update Pulse, but the technique no longer works in HD Fury.)
    They have also acted against BSB but then people found another trick (Just saying, not trying to open this can of worms again.)
    Studio Liverpool has made decisions to protect their game given the apparent limited resources they were given, and we have seen the results.
    To deny that like you have done is to me a pure lack of respect unfortunately. Because they did act, you do not see it though.

They could act MORE, yes, I infinitely agree with that point (By the way guys I found others, I'm not telling), but they have done things.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

i know, you have nothing to apologise for my friend, except maybe trying to ruin a load of players fun on a game that theyve paid good money for, and trying to blame them for a problem that was caused long before

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Heh yeah I remember that Haydn...sparked a few debates that did But it's important that you had the understanding to just let it go and get on and have fun with it in the end

Im not going to fuel this debate anymore, it's futile..so goodnight all!

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Red face

For the record Haydn, I didn't actually blame anyone If it seems that I'm attempting to ruin their fun then I truly am sorry. For that I will apologise, that was never my intetion.

My intention was to have the rules revised to allow for 6 laps on GREEN races, instead of the 5 in the interest of the leaderboards, is all... Now, if you love the GREEN races so much - the extra lap should be a bonus for you guys, I don't see me attempting to ruin anyones fun, rather offer you a solution which provides you with an extra lap of even more GREEN fun

EDIT: Night Cat, regards to the AnE I'm calling it a night too man - its facking late

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

ahh, okay good point, didnt mean to tarnish you there mate.

but really, does it actually matter? the leaderboard is dead, battered, broken and bruised anyway

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Okay I'm gonna pretend I'm on a side now (Where in truth I don't really care what happens like I said)

What if some green (let's use it as a verb) to get records? Six laps isn't a solution for them, it's rather used to push them on the side. I already questioned that but it was a very small sentence.
    But really, what if someone greens to get records? What if that's what's fun for them? What do you propose then? Six laps puts them out of record range automatically, so that isn't the solution.

Keep in mind there are alternatives, like entering a race filled with lesser skilled players, having a player idle on the starting grid, and even having multiple accounts can help (No suspicion that Mr.X is a great player, so he gets a free pass to first place.)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've never taken the multiplayer times as anything other than a curiosity, if indeed that, they have always been the most irrelevant of all the records except maybe single race.

Why are they irrelevant?
    Because there is no constant to compare against apart from the length of the track, no two races are ever the same, be they raced with weapon used or as a Green league type race.
    The very fact that times have always be open to manipulation from the very beginning by having a 2nd player stay rooted to the start/finish line, while another races around the track to get a fast time, makes a mockery of any credence given to gotten times.
    And to add to that the total ad-hoc dispersion of the amount of turbos by the game itself in any one race.

Either you come 1st 2nd or 3rd in a particular race.
    The race time for that race has absolutely no bearing on any other race that has been, or is ever going to be raced.

The only thing multiplayer times show is how lucky you have been.