View Poll Results: What do you think should be done with the GREEN league?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • make all GREEN races 6 laps to avoid messing up leaderboards.

    7 15.91%
  • Close it down

    3 6.82%
  • Leave the GREEN league as it is

    19 43.18%
  • Not Bothered

    15 34.09%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 121

Thread: GREEN League : the bane of wipEout?

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paris - France
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79
    Posts
    852

    Default

    @Sat : thanks for the Tag removing. I don't know for the boosts, I think weapons in WO are totally random. If not, you couldn't get a Quake when you're first (I'd like that...).
    Some weeks ago, I made a good time on Amphiseum (I think) and I had a "Well done Temet". Well, it was not well done, I had something like 7 or 8 boosts during the race (yeah, no Green League... if I'm not wrong there has been only 2 GL events until now).
    Yesterday, I made some races with Ace3cube and his bro. We did some green races because we like racing like that. I made 2 races without a single boost, and didn't beat any of me my personal bests...
    After 3 or 4 races, Boxman entered the place and firing. This the game, we have no problem with that, the room was public! But after that, it was not green anymore!

    Oh, my personal motivation to like Green Races, is that I'm terribly slow. There is a kind of silent agreement with some racers : you don't shoot me, I don't shoot you. So, I have the choice : I can shoot Ace3cube (or any other guy I know who like to play Green), but after I may eat tons of mines or bombs. Because yeah, even if I shoot Ace3cube, I can be sure he'll catch me very quickly and win with a comfortable gap... And I really really really can't stand anymore to race among mines and bombs...
    It's just a matter or personal preference. I don't try to force anybody to do the same, or the play a certain number of lap, or the hands behind the back... I'm just PLAYING the GAME as I like more! It's not a crime (yet...).

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    DreamyElf
    Posts
    345

    Default

    well of course you can play the game the way you want...
    as OBH said, you bought it, you own it,you play it!
    but i don't understand why suddenly people don't like weapons in wipEout...
    the game was created this way and is supposed to be played that way.
    you don't like weapons? cool! there is an option that says weapons OFF.

    anyway, play the game as you like and enjoy most guys (and girls lol)!!!
    that's what matters the most in the end!
    peace

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve
    Posts
    58

    Default

    The problem with weapons OFF is that, that way the super masters of BR find themself at a loss... no way to get energy back!
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 15th July 2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote.

  4. #94
    ACE-FLO's Avatar
    ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    AG-Beast from London East
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    If the Green League didn't exist openly as it does and the same times appeared on the boards, who would you go to lynch then? what would your reaction be to the individual names known or unknown to you that appear at the top of the leader boards?
    I'm not having a go at you Ace, but can you the futility of it all.
    For the record Blackwiggle, I never named or shamed anyone = there is no one to name or shame imo. As for lynching - WOW, who lynched anyone, anywhere on this thread I fail to see that, so what makes you think I'm all for lynching eh? My issue is with the format of the GREEN league and my intention was to get the views of WZ members here so we can debate it = and I even added a poll so I could see at a glance the majority votes, so I can better understand the communities greater wishes regarding the issue. This is lynching? It's news to me

    And yes, futlie as this debate may be - you still posted in it too I am passionate about my opinions, but am not unreasonable as you will see through this thread, if only you took the time to read through it all (which I hope you have already done, but from these quotes I'm rebuttling, I feel you havent) you wuld see that I dont target any indiviual, hmmm.. can I ask what gave you that idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    ...but gets upset enough about a few times set while people were racing in the Green League that they want them to basically stop.
    This is what I mean BlackWiggle, attempting to put words in my mouth when my vote is clear for everyone to see in my first post in this thread, is a bit wrong don't you think?

    I'm pleased you enjoyed readin through it, it has made me laugh out loud too at times, especially the tennis match between Haydn and I awesome stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    People who are fast at WipEout have to know WipEout Zone, because lot of zoners, including me & green racers, invite them here (or on WipEout arEna if the guy is francophone) when we meet fast pilot online.
    If we see a good time in TT or SL ranking, same thing, we contact the player.
    And I commend that Kaori - I myself have had 6 recorded referrals to this site, and recommended countless others... same reason as you "wow, you got some talent kid - you know about wipeoutzone?" Hmmmm... what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    Oh, my personal motivation to like Green Races, is that I'm terribly slow.
    Lol, see what I mean people? no offence to you Temet, you speak the truth and I appreciate that !!!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 15th July 2010 at 02:16 PM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    paris
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karsten_beoulve View Post
    The problem with weapons OFF is that, that way the super masters of BR find themself at a loss... no way to get energy back!
    No problem, masters of BR can also uses their great lines because they are super !
    Last edited by leungbok; 15th July 2010 at 02:18 PM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paris - France
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyElf View Post
    but i don't understand why suddenly people don't like weapons in wipEout...
    It's not "people". It's just "some people", a small minority.

    You know, I hosted Kaori for the European Convention... and then showed him what WO2097 looks like on an emulator (= much more better graphics)... and I was soČ surprised when I hit a set of mines to loose maximum 20% of my speed!
    Weapons in HD slow down very too much the ships. That's my opinion, you don't have to agree on this.

    As I explained, I like Green because I'm slow! DreamyElf, I'm pretty sure we were in the same room around 2 weeks ago. It was a pure slaughter and I liked it a lot, lot of fun. Why? Because for once, there were some people that are not 3 seconds faster than me per lap.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    liverpool england
    PSN ID
    shapealot
    Posts
    154

    Default

    im all up for green races it sounds fun to me. i love doing BRs and going fast and wether its weapons on or green races ill play the same unless provoked as it has been said before setting a good time online at all is random, granted better players will have a far better chance of attaining a good time but its still random wether or not they pick up 8 turbos, this can happen in any type of race. for there to be a fair solution to all players you would would have to list how many speed pads they hit, number of times shot by which weapons, how many BRs performed, how many turbos used etc. its never going to be fair online because its up to the individual how they play. i vote for leave the green league as it is, ive never raced in it yet but would love to so PM me next time its on, thanx

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    DreamyElf
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Temet,
    i agree with you and i get your point mate
    you know i'm slow too but i don't mind, i'll get better someday!
    that's why i usually prefer full races with pilots better than me.
    yeah, i get shot by everyone with mines and bombs but that's telling me one thing: i must improve myself
    anyway, have fun and see you online

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    hey guys.

    First, wanted to confess I'm really less implicated in world of wipeout now, compared to last year. My real life wiped out my Icaras dreams, and the other cool videogames released during these last 2 years finished to put me out of the matrix. I'm just lurking quickly this place from times to times -well each days lol-, sometimes reading the post of my old good friends... Or just looking at the titles of the topics... And I just wanted to add my 2 cents here, even if everything is said with my vote; not bothered.
    First, it's already had been discussed before here. No offense Ace, I can understand you want to discuss about that matter, as you're an hardcore wipeout pilot for ages lol. But by that time, I believe there was a lot more regular pilots than nowadays. you know i firmly believe some stuffs never changed; If you want to enter the top 10 (let's talk about Connavar's ranking to be fair), you have to devote your life to the game. I mean at least 500 hours (the least you can do). And you have to be talented, basically. When you think about it, a lot of topics have the same basic answer : practice is everything. Add talent to this inhuman amount of practice, and -maybe- you'll get your ticket to the top. I tried hard myself last year. My wife was away cos' of the job. So I had a lot of spare time, and I devoted it to hd. Hardcore mode. Sometimes 5/6 hours a day, each days. And guess what? I never succeeded in getting a rank 1, despite the hours & hours of training. As Colin said recently on these boards, the main issue of hd is its awful difficulty (which is its main advantage too, cos' you have always a reason to get back to it). But you can put as many bombs you want on the track, some people are really blessed by the gods lol, and are able to win despite mayhem of the race. Why this green league idea came out? Just to enjoy the speed of hd a little more, sayin goodbye to those dumb mines, bombs and rockets. You can ask Ace3, no astonishing new WR came out of his events, and that was certainly not the purpose of these events too. Someone talked about 2 "events", with how many wipers I don't know... Because you're not talking about a massive league full of millions of players, in a million seller game played by everyone; hey this is wipeout hd, with barely... well i don't know, maybe 100 regular players in the world -and bothered by the records, prob. even less-? So my point is, as some people already said, play as you like. the green league is just another way to enjoy the game, and again as a lot of people said, you won't get any new WR easier with that type of racing. Just because of the weapon toss. All the new multiplayer world record I had the pleisure to saw with my own eyes, during these last two years, occured during regular races (I could say a lot occured during avalon events). These moments are still alive in my memories; a full grid of gentlemen knowing when & how to fire their weapons, but absolutely fairplay when they're seeing in the final lap someone able to get a record; no bomb or mines or quake dropped, and a big congrat in the end to the new heroe. People will have to realize one day that the guys in the top 10 are total super robot freaks, that's all.
    Last edited by kanar; 15th July 2010 at 04:31 PM.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    France - Rouen
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyElf View Post
    ...
    but i don't understand why suddenly people don't like weapons in wipEout...
    the game was created this way and is supposed to be played that way.
    you don't like weapons? cool! there is an option that says weapons OFF....
    The question isn't "green racers don't like weapons".

    Green races can be considered like a way to resurrect a very good part of WipEout Pure : the time trial multiplayer

    Even if green races aren't perfect : players can't have 5 turbos by race like in TT and collisions are not off.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •