View Poll Results: What do you think should be done with the GREEN league?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • make all GREEN races 6 laps to avoid messing up leaderboards.

7 15.91%
  • Close it down

3 6.82%
  • Leave the GREEN league as it is

19 43.18%
  • Not Bothered

15 34.09%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: GREEN League : the bane of wipEout?

my personal experience of green races....

ive never played green race official events but i have played green races with friends. its not that i dislike weapons either (cos most my games are weapons races) or i am trying to top the leaderboards, its i like to race and want to chill and cannot be bothered with the intesity of weapons on race...i just want to go around the track and chill and listen to music..i cannot be the only player who likes to do this... their must be other tired players who work hard who just want to chill and chat and play easy without the hard compettion..

then you also have the players who play green just to practise with each other to improve for the regular races too.i have done this too...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    Lol, see what I mean people? no offence to you Temet, you speak the truth and I appreciate that !!!
    Yeah but please don't forget the most important part of the demo mate.
    I'm terribly slow and as a consequence I'm always struggling with mines and bombs. It's quickly boring ... and I often switch off the PS3 after an intensive session of mines and bombs eating.

I'm slow, so even in GL I'll never make to a top 100 in the ranking (and I really don't care). And even in GL, I often use Ag-System (even if I tried Icaras recently, Green or not).

I don't know if you ever raced with Ace3cube, but he's very fast and talented (look at his vids ). I can't speak for him, but I'm 90% sure he doesn't care at all of the ranking board.

Really buddy, I don't understand this crusade against GL

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

[QUOTE=ACE-FLO;177408]For the record Blackwiggle, I never named or shamed anyone = there is no one to name or shame imo. As for lynching - WOW, who lynched anyone, anywhere on this thread I fail to see that, so what makes you think I'm all for lynching eh? My issue is with the format of the GREEN league and my intention was to get the views of WZ members here so we can debate it = and I even added a poll so I could see at a glance the majority votes, so I can better understand the communities greater wishes regarding the issue. This is lynching? It's news to me

The title of the thread "Green League -bane of Wipeout" and that you have named the Green League specifically in your fist post as the major perpetrator of, what in your opinion, seem dubious practices for the sole purpose of acquiring a high multiplayer rank.
    Lynching was the first word I could think of, maybe not the best choice and a bit too strong a word, but the way I read the posts, and I have read them all, some several times, that's who seemed to be cast as the bad guys.

QUOTE Ace-Flo
    And yes, futlie as this debate may be - you still posted in it too I am passionate about my opinions, but am not unreasonable as you will see through this thread, if only you took the time to read through it all (which I hope you have already done, but from these quotes I'm rebuttling, I feel you havent) you wuld see that I dont target any indiviual, hmmm.. can I ask what gave you that idea?

I've never said that you have targeted any individual, I don't know where your getting that from.
    I asked a question, they have these things at the end of them called question marks {?????}
    It seems you have misread them as a statement and then chose to rebut something that was never said in the first place.

And a for the "Futility of it all" as I said, not "Futility of this debate" as you are incorrectly quoting me, I was referring to the multiplayer times themselves, not this thread.

QUOTE Ace-Flo
    This is what I mean BlackWiggle, attempting to put words in my mouth when my vote is clear for everyone to see in my first post in this thread, is a bit wrong don't you think?

I haven't put words in your mouth ACE, you are misreading the posts and then commenting on what you think has been said, above are just 3 examples of this which I hope have been cleared up.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    AppleJack052570

I haven't been in a green-league race (and as a rank 14 I'm probably still noobish enough that I probably wouldn't know it if I were). But to me if you want to have a race where the skills of the pilots reign supreme, and not have to worry about the weapons, turn the weapons off. One can fly around the track and not have to worry about the guy two meters in front dishing out a faceful of mines. Just don't hit too many walls as there's no way to recover your energy...

That being said I think people should be able to race any way they want. If they only want to use green pickups and absorb everything else, that's their prerogative (I sometimes do that myself depending on the situation). If they want to go all out and blast away, that's fine, too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    I don't know if you ever raced with Ace3cube, but he's very fast and talented (look at his vids ). I can't speak for him, but I'm 90% sure he doesn't care at all of the ranking board
    And even if he cares, what's the problem with that ?

Reminds me all the crusades here (against BRs, bsb...), it seems that the pilots that reachs top score always uses unfair stuff !!

If someone wants to reach a high rank in multiplayer, green races is the right way to do it !
    You want to reach a top score in sl/tt/multi ? Do the difficult BR and boosts, race in green rooms... and if you don't succeed, what will be the next complaining ???
    A solution anyway : play wipeout2D at playstation home ! No BR, bsb, green races or other unfair stuff !!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    And even if he cares, what's the problem with that ?
    That was just to point out that the creator of the GL doesn't care about ranking, so the GL was not invented to make new records

Quote Originally Posted by karsten_beoulve View Post
    The problem with weapons OFF is that, that way the super masters of BR find themself at a loss... no way to get energy back!
    This is the fundamental reason why I love the green league.. It enables me to br the **** outa my Ica, without worrying about, Tarquin go kaboom..nothin to do with getting new WR's. Leave the green league alone.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

and i would finish 20 seconds off you tarquin BTW, haven't sen you online lately, all is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by karsten_beoulve View Post
    and i would finish 20 seconds off you tarquin BTW, haven't sen you online lately, all is ok?
    Hey man maybe not these days... all's well here, thnx for asking, just life getting in the way of WO

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I just transfer a message of a young french pilot who start WipEout HD with Playstation Plus gift and who have just talked with us on chatbox. Of course this message is formatted by me, it was a chat.

Quote Originally Posted by a french newbie
    Hello !
    I am new at WipEout.

I'm slow compared to the fastest pilots, but I always want improve my record.

So I avoid to shoot pilot behind me, because he's faster and I risk to knock him, and it can waste seconds.
    I prefer to use turbo, I save lot of time with it, and with autopilot in some turns like Sol 2 270°, Chenghou Project hairpin or lot of turn on Modesto Heights.
    I don't use bombs or mines because I'm often last.
    And I prefer absorb them to do more Barell Roll to go faster.

And some guys say my records are unfair, because I should race 6 laps ? I think these persons are not interested to improve their times, because they don't use the good way to do it.

So why they complain ? It's just the jealousy !
    Last edited by kaori; 16th July 2010 at 07:40 PM.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

ACE, why do you and other anti-Green League players still race in doubles? Half the players not shooting at you. By your logic in this thread, that's "unfair", not "the way it's meant to be played" and seems hypocritical to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

lol, ace too ?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

This thread has evolved into repetitive dumb bullshit

Sorry but the same thing is being mentioned page by page, but only in different writing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

When someone starts that kind of thread, it's not surprising, lol !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Idk, I have only three pages here so it kinda flows better
    But yeah I mentioned the doubles and team problems a while back. I'm sure others did before me too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Kanar
    First, wanted to confess I'm really less implicated in world of wipeout now, compared to last year. My real life wiped out my Icaras dreams, and the other cool videogames released during these last 2 years finished to put me out of the matrix. I'm just lurking quickly this place from times to times
    High five Kanar , we are on the same boat

I will vote leave as it is, my experience into green races is quite limited, MadIce told me recently i did took part of one of those months ago but trust me i did fired all the weapons i had , i thought green at that time refered to price of 'best gardener' won at Euro Convention but not . Last weekend at MadIce place I had my first true session of GR with Cat & AnE & Andybob : i did enjoyed it a lot (same for the funny tchat). Leave it as it is, imho.

Back to the time of Pure when i was truly involved into that game, a part of my game experience has been ruined by CFW, suspecting people to use it and bla bla bla, now with time ahead, I do think I was living the game a bit too passionated. It's in human nature to be passionnated but not to forget it's only a game , and gaming is for fun. Then adding to this : in this current world we push everyone to get the better of them , to put them into direct concurrency of everyone, to get a constant competition fight. Can you picture how people will react into a game that displays a leaderboard : like they do in their normal life : competition(suggested or hidden). Then like into your life , you will put limit or not on way acheiving to be the best or one of the best. Any will use shortcuts or 1 vs 1 races, others green races or whatever can be found and simply others won't use these and play the old way purist 'stick-to-the-ground'.

Back to 2097/XL i did annoyed few people with those shortcuts, but at that time i was not playing thinking :" by playing like this i am happy to ruin experience from others" , no, no, definitely no; I was only thinking to get the best feeling/sensation of speed and flying high with those shortcuts was deeply which gets me attached/linked to that game till now. This game is still the best balanced one from the serie : you got 4 ships to get weapons, use shortcuts at your risk and get great fights, Pirahna no weapons only the speed matters and almost no shortcut possible. My best wipeout moment will stay forever those ilinks we did Al & me in Vermont. Just brilliant game.[end of 2097/XL sublimal advertising ]

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Doubles ... hmmm, good point there actually Ok I'm outta doubles, Xpand is dead anyway... and um Team Englad can defo do without me so It's me vs the world now LOL happy? I am giggling my tits off I tell ya

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    I am giggling my tits off I tell ya

So let me get this straight, you're gonna stop playing the way you like to play, just to win this argument?

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

lol, I'm no martyr DD777 LOL, the clue is in your quote mate

I'm still racing doubles, if I wasnt - I'd have posted in the doubles thread and the others too

Guys, you need to chill out a lil. It's avalon ffs 'ave a good time will ya?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

This thread became ridiculous.
    Votes are significant enough to close this pointless discussion.

I hope not to see again a post flamming another way of playing.