Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An apology to anyone who races (or has raced) me recently.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default An apology to anyone who races (or has raced) me recently.

Ever since the 3.20 System update for the PS3, which removes OtherOS capability, I have not updated my own personal console. Avoiding the discussion of the reasons behind my choice, I'll simply say until I can acquire a second PS3 for $100 or less, I will never again connect to PSN through my own personal console... I can't even try AdHoc Party to play Pure against people.

As a result, any time that I have been playing WOHD online over the last 3 or 4 months, it has been via a friend's console, leaving me far removed from my normal gaming "comfort zone" at home, as it were.

Because of this (and other factors/distractions; music, social environment, herb, talking, etc), I have been playing miserably lol I just wanted to throw a shout-out to anyone who may have encountered me on the track and explain my terrible piloting hahaha

I also am still terrible at the 4 Fury tracks... So with these two things in mind, I offer an advance apology I know I've raced a handful of people from here on the forums, or at least they're names I do recognize. Maybe sometime down the road, things will change again- but until then, I guess I'm back at noob status >_<

its ok wolf i forgive you

whats happened you droped from the top 10 to the top11 world players..

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

For some strange reason I always feel like taking a sudden toilet break when a FURY track comes up, my bowels make a sudden and considerable move whenever Modesto appears, and I just have to do a dash.
    I also strangely get a sudden craving to drop everything and make a cup of coffee when the Amphesium gets selected.
    And I've lost count on how many times my controller has suddenly needed recharging if Talons gets picked.
    All purely coincidental.

Actually I wonder what the percentage would be of people who suddenly sighed, OH NO! whenever they saw that the host of a room they were in has changed to a Fury track.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    ...OH NO! whenever they saw that the host of a room they were in has changed to a Fury track.
    Well, you wouldn't wanna join my rooms then. What's with all the hate towards fury tracks people? They rock just as well as the HD tracks. For a game which takes it's tracks from 2 previous versions of the game in HD and then again from the same 2 previous titles in FURY - peeps are going on like the FURY tracks were a bane addition

I never heard anyone complain of Amphiseum, Tech de Ra and Talons on Pulse when I played online - or for Modesto on Pure for that matter. But enter Fury, and it seems anyone who has owned Wipeout HD since its launch, just don't wanna come out of their comfort zones and actually practice the FURY tracks now that they are here It's been almost a year now too.

If anything, the one track which imo everyone should have a beef with is Metropia Reverse - coz it isn't Metropia White from Pulse - it's different... but No, it's FURY and that's that FURY tracks are so different from HD tracks right? wrong! They are all great tracks, and come from the same titles. Give them a chance, and you'll how awesome they are

AG-WOLF, mate, there's nothing to forgive. I hope you can find a PS3 for under said amount, and start to rock with us yet once again. Til then, on the boards

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Sod off ACE we all know Talon's Junction should never have gotten past the "twinkle in the milkman's eye" stage.

Don't worry about it AG-wolf, racing with people we know is what counts, doesn't matter if they're having a bad spell race-wise, we just chase them with a plasma til it comes good

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

RIght Yeldy, your goodie bag just got halved in size

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

(off-topic)
    When in a Fury room,
    Talons Junction Fwd/Rev:
    Me:...(says nothing)
    Modesto Heights Fwd/Rev:
    Me:...
    same for The Amphiseum and Tech De Ra.The only thing I'm concerned about is those who I've raced before and lost(yes,I lose races as well,so?)
    (on-topic)
    Well,it's a shame that removing the OtherOS thing caused this. I wish you the best and that when we do Avalon again,maybe the Fury tracks would not be so bad after all...
    PS: Did I race you at least once before?
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 6th July 2010 at 02:42 PM.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I'm one of the people who says "oh no" when Tech De Ra Forward is selected because I suck at it

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I swear at the host when that shitty Modesto Heights track gets selected. Stupid corners in that tunnel, hated it in Pure, same applies in HD. Vertica from Pulse should of taken its spot rightfully so, insanely fast track.

Nothing to apologies for AG-Wolf. Do what other folks have done when having this same problem, get another PS3 when you have the money or ask ProblemSolver (name suits quite well when you think about it) he has this alternate way of getting into the PSN while still using Linux on the PS3 i think. But i think you cant use that backdoor alternative now because there has been a few more updates since then.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Yeah it was a specific DNS address I believe, they've long since disabled it :/

Glad to hear I'm not the only person who groans whenever I see a Fury track selected... I don't mind Amphiseum in either direction (though it doesn't mean I'm good at it by any means), but Modesto, Tech De Ra, and Talon's Junction are all the bane of my existence... I loved Modesto in Pure, but I canNOT navigate the turns in those tunnels to save my life. TdR is alright until I fall off, and then it's just a futile attempt to not explode as I execute BRs everywhere- pretending I have a hope of catching back up. And for some reason, Talon's junction just doesn't do it for me... boring, and people always pull miles ahead of me :/

Anyway, as it stands, I'll be scarce for a while. School starts back up in a month and a half (wow, that snuck up on me), and at that point I probably won't be on at all. maybe it's time to go back to the older games and improve my laps

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Vertica from Pulse should of taken its spot rightfully so, insanely fast track.
    Ya know what I think? I think they should bring back SL to make another expansion pack - and stick Vertica in there with all the DLC tracks from PUre and Pulse also. You're right, Vertica was a wonderful racing track. Its' dynamics just...worked Can't say the same for Basilico though, or Outpost7

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Outpost7 was a joke of a track, while Basilico, especially the Black version was a true bastard of a track, that mag strip was beyond trippy.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah it's a pity about Sony messing people around with system updates.
    I'm resigned to the fact, and as I only use the PS3 for games it doesn't really effect me, just vexes me that the capability has been removed if I ever wanted to use it.
    I hope you have some luck getting a cheap second console.

I never had a problem with the Pure/Pulse versions of the FURY tracks, not that they ever got played much.
    One of the reasons I don't like the Fury tracks is because they are claustrophobic and seem too narrow.
    But the main one is because they are a total PITA to keep any semblance of a racing line on them compared to the HD tracks, even if you make it around some of those ridiculous blind corners cleanly the rest of the track has little banks, dips, humps & bumps that aren't high enough to do a BR off, but are enough to have you craft bobbing up and down and side to side like a row boat in the surf, and that's just going in a relatively straight line.
    It might not seem so bad if you race in near or far view, but in cockpit view it makes for a pretty tiring, unenjoyable and frustrating racing in comparison to the HD tracks.

You can compound the experience, just try FURY tracks + FURY AG Systems, it's like somebody replaced the Anti Gravity with the suspension from a Cadillac, and Cadliiac's weren't designed to go at Phantom speed.
    Makes me feel like a pimp in a 70's TV show running from the cops.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    I never heard anyone complain of Amphiseum, Tech de Ra and Talons on Pulse when I played online
    Oh really?
    I hate it in Pulse, and I hate it even more in HD, since it's now about half the width of a ship. XD

Also, O7 is awesome, especially the Black run! I couldn't see it working with HD physics though.

i prefer hd tracks anyday over those crappy fury tracks but perhaps thats cos im not very good at fury and i tend to win on hd more.....(1 in a 100 instead of 1 in a million

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

You all are just fools !!!!!!
    Amphiseum and Tech Da Ra are the bests tracks that could be implemented in HD!!!! They are both awesome!
    On the other part, yeah Talon is a choice I will never understand, it's the least interesting WO track ever!

For Modesto... well, I personaly hate this but I understand some can love it...

There were so many better tracks to take from Pure or Pulse than Modesto or Talon.

@Wolfy : don't worry Dude, I never raced against you and if one day I do, I'll be too far away to even just see your reactor!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Ive never understood the TJ hatred. You dont see people hating VK or AP as much, and they too are simple, straight lined tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

For what it takes, I don't like VinK or AP so much neither...

... I want "Phenitia Park" and "Gare D'Europa" !!!! (from a discussion with Yeldar yesterday )

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Really!!??
    Man, i love the tracks which are easy to learn, but difficult to master.

I swear VK has the most hectic races.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah I agree about Vineta K.
    When racing it in reverse in a field of other zoners, I've found that can be won by anybody right up to the last corner of the last lap.
    It should be used as the "Penalty shootout track" if ever one was needed for a Wipeout WC .