Thread: An apology to anyone who races (or has raced) me recently.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default An apology to anyone who races (or has raced) me recently.

Ever since the 3.20 System update for the PS3, which removes OtherOS capability, I have not updated my own personal console. Avoiding the discussion of the reasons behind my choice, I'll simply say until I can acquire a second PS3 for $100 or less, I will never again connect to PSN through my own personal console... I can't even try AdHoc Party to play Pure against people.

As a result, any time that I have been playing WOHD online over the last 3 or 4 months, it has been via a friend's console, leaving me far removed from my normal gaming "comfort zone" at home, as it were.

Because of this (and other factors/distractions; music, social environment, herb, talking, etc), I have been playing miserably lol I just wanted to throw a shout-out to anyone who may have encountered me on the track and explain my terrible piloting hahaha

I also am still terrible at the 4 Fury tracks... So with these two things in mind, I offer an advance apology I know I've raced a handful of people from here on the forums, or at least they're names I do recognize. Maybe sometime down the road, things will change again- but until then, I guess I'm back at noob status >_<

its ok wolf i forgive you

whats happened you droped from the top 10 to the top11 world players..

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

For some strange reason I always feel like taking a sudden toilet break when a FURY track comes up, my bowels make a sudden and considerable move whenever Modesto appears, and I just have to do a dash.
    I also strangely get a sudden craving to drop everything and make a cup of coffee when the Amphesium gets selected.
    And I've lost count on how many times my controller has suddenly needed recharging if Talons gets picked.
    All purely coincidental.

Actually I wonder what the percentage would be of people who suddenly sighed, OH NO! whenever they saw that the host of a room they were in has changed to a Fury track.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    ...OH NO! whenever they saw that the host of a room they were in has changed to a Fury track.
    Well, you wouldn't wanna join my rooms then. What's with all the hate towards fury tracks people? They rock just as well as the HD tracks. For a game which takes it's tracks from 2 previous versions of the game in HD and then again from the same 2 previous titles in FURY - peeps are going on like the FURY tracks were a bane addition

I never heard anyone complain of Amphiseum, Tech de Ra and Talons on Pulse when I played online - or for Modesto on Pure for that matter. But enter Fury, and it seems anyone who has owned Wipeout HD since its launch, just don't wanna come out of their comfort zones and actually practice the FURY tracks now that they are here It's been almost a year now too.

If anything, the one track which imo everyone should have a beef with is Metropia Reverse - coz it isn't Metropia White from Pulse - it's different... but No, it's FURY and that's that FURY tracks are so different from HD tracks right? wrong! They are all great tracks, and come from the same titles. Give them a chance, and you'll how awesome they are

AG-WOLF, mate, there's nothing to forgive. I hope you can find a PS3 for under said amount, and start to rock with us yet once again. Til then, on the boards

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Sod off ACE we all know Talon's Junction should never have gotten past the "twinkle in the milkman's eye" stage.

Don't worry about it AG-wolf, racing with people we know is what counts, doesn't matter if they're having a bad spell race-wise, we just chase them with a plasma til it comes good

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

RIght Yeldy, your goodie bag just got halved in size