Thread: WipEout HD Free with PlayStation Plus

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Timezone
    GMT -5

Well in response to his question "Who does not have WipEout HD"
    From the comments of members on this thread, I'd say: lots of people. That is if there are many more online players, I would not know. So it's not entirely worthless, and just like I guessed it gives good exposure to WipEout HD as everyone is trying it out.
    Next month I think they get a discount on Fury.
    Last edited by drell; 1st July 2010 at 06:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Only one guy has it in my list for now.

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    never ending bling brigad request !!
    LOL.

Anyway, it's nice for us having 30 races instead of 10.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmokalot002 View Post
    I was quite happy to see the online in WOHD had become more popular again, untill i tried to race with these noobs. Halfway through any race i found myself the only one left. Finished a couple of races in tournament, but never finished the tournament itself. They all kept leaving, after i darted away at the start from them. Got some really nice mesgs from them, accusing me of cheating and everything. lol. They will learn. eventually
    never received any msg so far.
    but it is annoying when you are battling for the top spot and you suddenly find them blocking you or leaving bombs and mines.
    kinda remind me of wipeout pure where the bombs and mines didn't disappear after a lap, like in hd. lol
    another funny thing is i checked by chance a profile of a lvl5 pilot and he/she said on the about me section: ' WipEout HD Legend' !!!
    omg, there is no respect...

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

hahaha, I Fricken Lol'd Elf

Yeah, they are E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Reminds me of of the September that never ended

It's nice to see so many on-line, but I'd rather have 10 people that actually finish the races, than a 1000 quitting as soon as they're 5 sec behind. On the bright side, I would never had thought that the day would arrive where I win a race with a +10sec difference

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Not all of 'em are noobs seriously, I was racing with my Killer_LoopZ account yesterday against a rank 6 pilot (PSN id SUSLAW) and he managed to take a win off me so I checked his trophy collectionj and the git had completed the campaign back in September 2008. Turns out he only just managed to get online with the game this week awesome stuff, so I added him and told him bout WZ

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Heh, yeah, Klocki_LEGO and Sausehun came around and slapped me a few moments later, so everything is back to normal. I even encountered two below 10 rank players that seemed to know what they were doing, so it's not all bad. Still many quitters among them though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I enjoy those new players. If you're too fast, then just give them 15 seconds headstart
    before starting the race, or try to kill the 2nd player ... been having some fun this way,
    and everyone can finish the race too.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Right ive got 8people now on my PSN friends list with the Plus package. Makes me think whether people just have alot of disposable income and just decided to buy the crap, or whether this is a good deal or not.

Sequent_Blender (guy from Adelaide)
    Danterich (Austrian fellow)
    micky1984 (guy i use to play alot of online Pulse in the good days)
    Senture (a pom i think)
    tug_14 (Frenchy)
    Livitarium (another Frenchy)
    Xtriko (Portuguese mate i play a bit of Gran Turismo with, along with his bro)
    djkyoto (kiwi living in Sydney)
    Last edited by KIGO1987; 5th July 2010 at 11:15 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    ... been having some fun this way,
    and everyone can finish the race too.
    I'm pleased you did this - coz now I'm gonna have a bash at it this sounds like a lot of fun - at least the last 4 laps won't be just me on my jacks. 15 second headstarts mosdef ;g take out 2nd position pilot - this is tricky but even more fun

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I know I've ended up having to do the same sort of race tactic around Xmas time when there seems to be a never ending stream of newbies.

It also helps to give them half a lap head start so they can thin themselves out a bit, what with the "pilot assist ping pong" that tends to happen in these types of fields, your far better off avoiding that mayhem and just cruise past the wreckage on lap 2

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Haha ... you know I managed to win many photofinish races this way, the art is to guess
    exactly how many seconds you should give, to win at the end of the last lap.
    So you have to know your own skills as well as the skills of the other players, the best
    is to do a normal race just before.
    And obviously it depends on the tracks too, on Sebenco you can usually give a lot more
    than Moa.

About the "Terminator" mode, if you're much faster than the others it's easy because
    you can just go behind him and launch the rockets or plasma. But try not to show them
    too much that you're faster, otherwise they'll know it and then ally themselves against
    you (which is fun) ... or rage quit (not good), also good if they win some races.

Like sometimes I identified a player who was much worse than the other 2, and my
    goal (game in the game) was to make him win the race!! So you had to slow down the
    other 2 players as much as possible, and never hit the 3rd one... pretty nice
    Last edited by Connavar; 8th July 2010 at 01:24 PM.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Oh dear, today i was in a phantom race with no less than 6 level 1 newbies, and i dont think i made a good impression......

slowing down to blow up the competition really didnt win me any friends

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

@Connavar I lol'd man, full respect to you for letting the 3rd nOOb gert a chance at winning, that made me smile...

... I sometimes feel like doing that also, but not really a charitable type

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    AppleJack052570

I started playing online just a day or so ago after not having touched online in months. I think in just two days I went from Rank 5 to Rank 12, won a few races here and there (enough to get Connected 2) and also got the Endurance trophy. So far it's been good fun. HD has once again become my favorite game on the PS3.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Just played a whole lot of online HD yesterday with new-ish players at levels around 5-15 (I'm at 22). The races would end up with me and one or two others fighting for the top; it was a lot of fun. Until recently, all my opponents would be around level 50 and would thrash me thoroughly.

Particular props to one new guy from France (Mico?) who stuck it out through 10 or so Zone Battles with me; I think I won all of them. Don't feel bad; you'll be beating me soon enough!