I've come to the conclusion that Wipeout HD just isn't suited to the DualShock 3 controller, to the point that I haven't even touched the game in weeks because I know that playing it will be an exercise in futility. Because of the analog stick's placement, I have to awkwardly push and pull it to steer and barrel-roll, and I don't get half of the precision that I need. Because it has squishy triggers (and awful ones, at that) instead of buttons, the double-tapping required for sideshifts is all but impossible unless I actively concentrate on s e p a r a t i n g the presses from each other. I've tried using the crosspad and shoulder buttons instead, but I'm even worse with them (I will never be able to understand how people can play games effectively with crosspads).

So, given my complete hopelessness at this game with an ordinary DualShock 3, I've decided that I'd be far, far better off using a keyboard. The problem is that, from what I've read, many PS3 keyboards inexplicably lack certain essential button functions (like the triggers, for example), which would make them rather unsuited to Wipeout HD. Supposedly, Penguin United is coming out with an FPS-oriented adapter (called the "Eagle Eye" or something like that) that would let me plug in a keyboard for use as a fully-functional controller, but their site makes no mention of it, and I don't even have a suitable keyboard to use with it (my family and I all have laptops, and our single desktop has a wireless keyboard, which would likely be incompatible with the adapter).

Any keyboard recommendations?