Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should glitches and uber-shortcuts be advertised or kept secret?

xl has lots of shortcuts, but none that cut off that much of the track length, some are longer due to bad landings. I think these shortcuts are awesome. I watched those fzero videos GX. Awful to see a pretty fun game made to not even play like a racing game. I haven't played HD enough to know more than the simplest of shortcuts like Chen reverse or amphesium rev, but if the shortcut does'nt cut off half the track, AND it is actually possible to do it evertime if you play enough, I would love them I think. It sounds like a couple of them cut off a significant amount of space.

QUESTION: on sebenco foward, is there a shortcut like this? I was wondering how people were getting 1:48, although I haven't played that track for a while.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

See that's the problem.
    I know it's a legit short cut and this glitch is a maybe 1 in a 100 occurrence while performing that short cut, but it's still a glitch, and my time recorded when it happened might still stand ?[doubt it].
    That might not mean much in my case, but when the difference between 1st and 10th on the SL leader boards is fraction of one second, that makes a hell of a lot of difference.

You also have the fact that not only have these shortcuts/glitches been known about for well over a year [I'm talking about the ones others are just finding out about and are appearing on the SL top times], but they have until now been kept under wraps, and purposely not used.

They were reported to SL when the were originally found by an ex forum member, but they didn't do anything about them.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

It does really depend on whether something takes a second off a time, such as B-R-B or the Ubermall short cut, or if it simply makes your time 0 seconds. I'm more lenient on short cuts and the like, they've featured heavily in previous WipEout games, so why not HD? But the impossible times on the in-game leaderboards are unacceptable.

So long as a glitch or whatever requires some skill and isn't impossible to beat through real racing then it is reasonably OK to share, but methods should like B-R-B should always be up to debate.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    QUESTION: on sebenco foward, is there a shortcut like this? I was wondering how people were getting 1:48, although I haven't played that track for a while.
    No shortcuts that I'm aware of, TarotCardKiller is just a SebencoClimbKiller.

Firing off a boost and cutting some track is groovy, firing yourself into a wall or something similar is just silly and clearly not what was intended, or at least, less intended. Something like that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

There is a glitch available to be used on Sebenco forward.
    It was one of the first ones found and reported to SL, you only have to look at the Phantom SL times for Sebenco forward to see that it has been used.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

FFS have they gone to **** as well? -_-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    There is a glitch available to be used on Sebenco forward.
    It was one of the first ones found and reported to SL, you only have to look at the Phantom SL times for Sebenco forward to see that it has been used.
    To be exact the glitch reported by darkdrium was for the reverse track !

PSN ID
    someguy789

I personly don't like them they make the time trail mode unfair and less about skill so I think they should be kept secret

ok, saw that video of the 1:50. see what is going on now with the turbo beginning the lap, very nice. I also was trying to stay low in a coupl.e of places where I should not be.

I would have to say that as long as you do not respawn at an advantage to real racing, then the times have to be legit as stupid as those times may be. IF you can climb a wall, and that is in the game, it has to count. But if you go off a jump and respawn way up the track, that should never count. Maybe it is time to start keep your records on this site, or everyone to do so, that way they will exist even if those other sites go down (which they will eventually). Also, you can put in multiple records with the different ships.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Hi Satun, I'm glad to see that you've opened the thread I suggested

I'm personally not favorable to keep sectrets and stuff: I like to think of us more like a community, not only angry racers
    I enjoy watching videos where some people do stunts like that. And that doesn't mean that I'm going to use them (it doesn't mean I'm able to do such things either!).
    When I can play, I enjoy a lot Multiplayer races and Time Trials. I'm definetly not a speed lap player!
    So the problem doesn't bother me that much, just like the bsb didn't (don't? ).

In conclusion: on one hand it's just a game, I love mostly compete online than doing incredible stunts; BUT on the other hand I know that there are some people here that are freaks (in the good way ), and they enjoy SL a lot.
    So what should we do? I don't know yet, I just hope that those glitches remain too hard to achieve in online races.
    yours, Mago

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't understand people saying "I enjoy watching people do these cool stunts so I'd like videos to be available for everyone, but hey, that doesn't mean I'd do them." So what, do you expect everyone else on YT to just ignore them even though they could shave seconds off their best times?

The leaderboards would become a cluster**** that'd be impossible to sort. And mago's right: it is just a game. About getting the best times. The whole reason I play WO is to get the best time I can - whether it's online or SL, I typically want the best time I can get. I'd probably still play, thanks to the gamerstats site, but it would still hurt my desire to get good times by a lot.

And jabberjaw, I don't understand most of what you said, but forcing a minority of players to manually sync their times on the rankings site is a second-best approach. It sucks that we even have to resort to an unofficial site, despite how good it may be. It will still never have anywhere near the number of players of the game signed up. Even some of the best pilots would miss it.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I would ask again can someone list all these Glitches please. Don't need to say where, just which tracks.

Are the leader boards not screwed already. I don't take much notice of the tables these days. I still get a bigger thrill beating my online times than any SL/TT. Are people using these glitches in multiplayer?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Too many KGB
    a friend has showed me , all glitch in a video ... and to be honest , this vid has scared me .
    Ask to Sat. , he saw it to ...

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

unfortunately glitches exist in almost all games so unless a patch fixes them you cant say someone "hey you are cheating".
    i totally agree with fair play but you can't control someone who will do everything to get a top ranking/score.
    thats why i (and a naive fair player) will never get a top score, because i don't know these glitches (except the shortcut at sebenco)...
    gamers cheated-cheat-and will always be cheating in order to win,that's a fact.
    personally i respect anyone who has real skills and doesn't cheat

p.s. play for fun and respect the other gamers

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by il_mago_di_Doz View Post
    I'm personally not favorable to keep sectrets and stuff: I like to think of us more like a community, not only angry racers
    That can be true for the members here, but lot of visitors are looking at the various threads on wozone, so i don't think that would be a good idea to show those glitches, even to name the tracks ! at least on "public" threads !
    Let's remember what happened for anulpha fwd zone mode !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

All these forward tracks are the ones with glitched times Sebenco, Sol 2, Amphesium, Talons Junction.
    Expect Moa Therma to fall next.
    They all happened around the same time 6 weeks ago.
    AKFtuirf [at least he admits it's a glitched time on some records, by using a second account called AKFturif-glitch] & SansaKay-81 [ex zoner who we know under a different name]are the two main offenders.

Both are fast enough already not to have needed to use these glitches,[several seconds faster than next legit time], one has even responded to a video that has a link in this thread asking them not to use the glitch [which shows their true identity ]
    I haven't seen either of them playing HD/Fury in a while, ones been finding shortcuts in BLUR according to his PSN avatar comment.

EDIT: we must of posted at the same time Leungbok, I don't think posting the name of the tracks is going to matter, all anybody has to do is look at the records and they stick out like a dogs bal...
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 5th June 2010 at 11:01 PM.

I didn't say for anyone to force them to put thier times here, just a recommendation. Obviously, Sony is not going to fix the problem, never will, so putting them here would help, and you could see peoples times with other ships as well. People who are really good like saturn or yeldar could spot a fake time a mile away, and ask for video proof. HELL, their times would be listed right on the official site, so people wouldn't be able to just make stuff up (well they could but people could see that their time is not on the official boards and wonder why

As for not understanding. IF you go off a jump, and off the track, and then respawn way ahead on a different part of the track to an advantage, that is a bug, and therefore should not count. Someone would not enter that time here, but it automatically goes to the official site with no hope of removing it. IF you can jump over a wall, or through something that is supposed to be solid, but is not, it should count. that is part of the game. As long as it is not a one time thing and it is sometimes solid, and sometimes it is not. if the glitch(bad programming) is always in that spot it needs to count as stupid as it may be.

@ blackwiggle: are those the only tracks with glitched times? are any reverse ones like this as well? is it just speed lap, time trial?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Just those tracks and SL only ,so far, I haven't checked the TT times, well I did , but that was a while ago, they might have glitched times on those tracks as well.
    No reverse tracks have glitched times recorded.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

@ 'jaw
    If the leaderboards are a complete mess, how else would people share their times? They'd be forced to use an unofficial site.

And just because something can be replicated in the game, doesn't mean it should be legit - if you can hit an invisible object that launches you into the air so you can fly away through a solid building and shave seconds off your time every attempt, that is clearly unintentional and shouldn't be used.

And not all glitched times can be spotted from a mile away, even by a good player - what if some guy you've never heard of has a top 10 time? He could have a similar number of speed pads hit to other people, and be within a second of the top (for the purpose of example) legit time. But he glitched through a few sections and saved himself a heap of time, putting him in the top 10. Is that fair?

And then some other guy you've never heard of misses a few speed pads but still has a respectable time that's highly ranked with a legitimate method. How would you call that?

It ruins the leaderboards. The boards are a big part of the game - there's scores for every game mode except eliminator and zone battle. That's how you rate yourself. Sure it's fun to get the best time, but using a glitch is unfair on the vast majority of players who haven't found the obscure invisible barrier, reliable to hit or not, that allows you to wind up half the track ahead. Using methods set out by the game to get your time is the only fair way to go.

The official times should be able to be made without breaking the game mechanics.

Timezone
    GMT -5

You're all making very arguable points. I've taken the time to review this thread and I've agreed with those who think we should just shrug if off, and play for the fun of it, not the precision of global records affected by glitches (some skillful and legit, some ridiculous and unfair).

As mentioned, we KNOW who the best players are. They've documented via video that they're truely not cheaters, highly talented, and tear-jerkingly devoted to this beautiful game.

If you're trying to prove yourself as a passionate player like I am (trying...lol) prove it!