Thread: amphesium help

Default amphesium help

I was wondering how some of the good time trial pilots are getting air out of that first turn to be able to get the barrel roll without using a turbo? I have done it occasionally when I was playing it the other day, but was not consistent at all, sometimes almost getting no air.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Yes on both forward and reverse. I'll make a vid of it when I get back, or someone can beat me to it, that's good too

just to clarify are we talking fwd or rev?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Haven't done a session on Amph in a while, but just gave it a try on rapier to see if it would work there, and yeah; I pulled it off with a pitch down-pitch up approach, then sideshifted before taking off the rise. Wa la, ample room for a BR. Only did a few laps, maybe you can just pitch up, but you won't lose any time by pitching down initially.

just making sure which track version i'm talking about, amph fwd
    edit: don't think I can do it on flash or venom, perhaps a crazy pilot like leungbok would be able to pull it off though.
    Last edited by amplificated; 3rd June 2010 at 02:40 AM.

Hang on...is it forward or reverse that has the BoostBR shortcut?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Ah I think I read it as the last turn in Amph somehow

In that case, forward is easy, just basically pitch up if you're referring to the drop, and it's still relatively easy to BR if you SS as well before it as well on the rise, although it's fastest to boost from there.

Rev's first turn is a little more difficult and I think you need a boost from the previous lap, I suck at getting a br from it.

but still, as if not remember Yeldar rev has the shortcut

edit:
    Just gave a try on rapier and phantom for rev, could only do it on phantom by making sure the ship had a straight line through and over the speed pads, and then surprisingly enough, using the original method I outlined by nosing down-up, ss-br. Using the Fury Icaras btw. Also, I'm worst at phantom so there may be other methods of doing it.
    Last edited by amplificated; 3rd June 2010 at 03:26 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    don't think I can do it on flash or venom, perhaps a crazy pilot like leungbok would be able to pull it off though.
    old vid :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkCKHUAV5wU

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Ah yeah, as I mentioned in my second post I accidentally thought he said the last turn . don't know how that happened

my bad

but I'd still love you to prove me wrong about the last turn xD

amphesium reverse, after the first turn. so pitch down, then up, plus brake to get the ship up a little? Will try it later. Nice track all around really for HD, good shortcuts and a little harder than it looks, especially if you want those brs

Ok, reverse, gotcha.
    I think leung and/or pirhapac have posted TT vids on YouTube, not sure though.

Re the BR: After landing the BR from the big drop hang left and SS left around the first corner, keeping as close to the left-hand wall as you can.
    It's much easier to BR off the left-hand speed pad, that's why you stay left.
    Hit the pad, pitch up, left-right-left-right-left-right-left, done.

If you do it right you can BR and land on/infront of the following speedpad for some nice boostage but the BR does tend to come off much more easily if you hit the pad on the diagonal and aim slightly right, like this: / (yes it's only a forward slash but that's all i have to work with lol)

if you're still having difficulty with the BR then you can add in a right-sideshift when you pitch up to give yourself a little extra air.

Hope this helps/isn't too scatty and hard to follow

got it, thanks, one thing, that left right thing, you gotta do it that many times? or just the three? lrl? I'll try it out.

Only one set of 3 is necessary but I tend to get a bit excited when i comes to BRs

thanks, I though maybe you needed more to make the ship get that height.