Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are your Top 3 favorite tracks and ships?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rossriders_86

I'm still getting into HD fury as a whole...but so far my favorite circuit his Moa Therma, if only because I've been doing practice on taking on Rapier and Phantom and that is one among several practice tracks for that.

In general though, I'm just taking the time to get used to every circuit and naturally some are difficult. Sebenco climb is an obvious alongside Chengu Project. But with any approach to a racing game, I just need to get used to them with any given craft at a speed.

The only other favorite would be Vineta K as one other track I may practice and given it was on the Demo, why not.

Far as ships go, again since it's all new to me, I'm learning to get acquainted with both the regular and Fury ships of so far every team. They all have pros and cons, and I think If given enough time I could be a dominant force in any given ship if given enough time...

A ship I WANT to get good at is team Piranha be it the standard or Fury variants, it turns like a brick more so than (to me anyway) Triakis or Auricom, but it's got top speed, I feel if I can adapt and learn how to manuver with it on any circuit at any speed, I've got some honest mastery.

Far as what I prefer, Auricom is choice number 1, followed by Assegai, Icaras, Harimau, and Mirage.

Auricom given I have some remote national pride but also because of it's above average speed and shielding, with okay thrust. Assegai for it's handling and speed, and Icaras cause for me it's almost what I'd have for an AG team, although I'd compromise the handling in favor of shielding and a bit more thrust.

Harimau cause it feels like a nice fit and Mirage is an 'all rounder' with the Fury being a slight aversion but none the less a jack of all stats machine. But again, we'll see as I keep at the game.

Till then.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

1. Ubermall Fwd/Rev - Yup, I love this track so much that every time I even launch the game, it's the first one I visit.

2. Sol 2 Fwd - I love this track so much because of it's openness. With such tight turns and jumps at certain points, it's damn challenging to stay on track (pun intended) if you don't know the circuit well enough.

3. Anulpha Pass Fwd/Rev - I simply love it because of its open track layout. I also love the whole aqua colour scheme and the amount of awesome looking sponsor ads, it gives it that futuristic feel.

1. Icaras Fury - This is the freaking best ship I've ever come across. It's perfect in every way imo, well....except for the shield of course But hey, you don't need to worry about that because the CEO of Icaras said it himself; others have gotta catch us first!

2. Goteki 45 Fury - Thanks for making me like heavy ships Hellfire It's a really good ship for practicing going around corners with that drifting/tail heavy motion. It's damn good practice if you wanna get better with lighter ships like Icaras.

3. Qirex Fury - I love it's "grounded" handling feel, a little like FEISAR. And it's speed ain't too bad either.
    Last edited by AGSys; 8th March 2014 at 03:57 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Only 3 ships I dislike using, starting with the most hateful:
    EG-X Fury
    Qirex Fury
    Assegai Fury
    @yeldar: why do you dislike the assegai fury?
    It's very simular with the furymau +5speed and -10thrust and a little heavier.

I'm testing both on Vin K TT phantom, and can br easier with the assegai. and probably the thrust stat count more for me due the many little wall scrapes.
    But I can't imagine why you like the one and dislike the other.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I don't really go by numbers I go by feel. I don't know, I could never feel fully comfortable or confident when using the Assegai. That's not to say I wasn't fast, just felt like I had to focus a lot harder hitting the right lines. Something about the weight distribution, same with Qirex, they are similar in that regard. I feel much more at home with the HD versions of the two.

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

Tracks..
    1/. Vineta fwd- first thing you ever come across, and always seems to me that I can go JUST a bit faster but never seem to nail it..
    2/. Chengou fwd - I've just moved to racing phantom and despite the reputation as a harder track I just like the flow, and the track surface just looks so meaty, metallic and serious..
    3/. Modesto fwd- again a harder track but it seems to respond to more brutal controller inputs, I love the tight double left at the start of the tunnel section..
    Craft-
    1/. Harimau hd- my craft of choice. I tend to like a craft for the appearance but as I've progressed I find it's very balanced but has the handling for faster classes.
    2/. Mirage hd- what I started with. Not knowing how the strengths of each team would work I went for the most average craft to start with and it taught me plenty, and again I like the weird look. A shot of this banked heavily into the first turn of sebenco has been my fb profile header for yonks.
    3/. Qirex hd. Not a craft I can handle properly on faster classes but it's just the look of the thing. To me the fury craft look too clean, I like tech and machines to look like they've been used for what they were designed for and the liveries of the hd qirex look like they have been through the wars. If I owned a porsche, I'd like it to look like I'd taken it for a few laps of the nurburgring...
    I've never been any good in any of the fury craft!

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Tracks:

Metropia Rev - Love this Track!
    Chenghou Project Rev - If you get the turbos!
    Mallavol - Zon track, pure fun!

Ships:

Icaras
    Icaras+
    Harimau+

Although my hdd crashed and it seems that my high scores are erased after trying that same track now.

God, I'm rusty now.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

TDR reverse with icaras. Compared to this all others can GO TO HELL!!!

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

even Modesto? BLASPHEMY!!!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Fireuser1995

Favorite Tracks:

Metropia- This track is so much fun.
    Anulpha Pass- Fast, Easy, and great learning curve.
    The Amphiseum- Good track to master the airbrakes.

Favorite Ships:

Auricom Fury- Better handling and great speed.
    Qirex HD- Great all rounder.
    Harimau Fury- One of the best ships in the game IMHO.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Favourite Tracks

Sebenco Climb (Forward and Reverse) - For some reason I race better on this track compared to the other tracks... the triple barrel rolls coming out of the tunnel is fun to pull off too.

The Amphiseum (Reverse) - Favourite track from Pulse, looks amazing in HD, a fair amount of barrel roll opportunities (including the sneaky one at the first turn). Oh and those straights are perfect for plasmafying people!

Modesto Heights (Reverse) - The amount of detail in this track is wow, the track is tricky and challenging, which I like.

Favourite Ships

Goteki 45 Fury - Originally a fan of FEISAR because of Outpost 7 in Pulse, Goteki 45 quickly became a favourite due to Hellfire_WZ and his tutorial videos. The 10 thrust is a nice thing to have, plus the feel of the craft is just right!

FEISAR HD and Fury - Past favourite, I take this out on a spin occasionally, the 10 handling is there for when I don't feel like working those airbrakes. And because the ship is blue, and I'm obsessed with the colour blue!

Qirex HD and Fury - Don't race with this team often, but it's nice to pilot, has nice all round stats too.
    Last edited by MyNameIsBom; 14th June 2014 at 04:53 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    poptartman

My personal favourite tracks would have to be Sebenco Climb, Moa Therma and Metropia Reverse.

Sebenco Climb is just littered with fun corners, and the ability to send yourself flying off the track with a misused turbo is absolutely brilliant. Though getting used to it was tough, being that it was the first track I raced on constantly without pilot assist, it is extremely rewarding to those who are willing to learn it.

Moa Therma has always been a generally fun track to race on, as the turns are not too sharp, and the pacing is good along side the excellent amount of space for combat without feeling too wide.

Metropia Reverse has more of a satisfactory feel than something I truly like, but being able to make the 2 blind turns after the mag strip then successfully executing the hairpin right after is extremely satisfying.

My favourite ships would definitely have to be the Triakis HD and Fury ships, AG-Systems HD and Fury ships, as well as the Goteki 45 HD and Fury ships.

I like the Triakis ships because of their pure bulk and shield. The ability to be able to shrug off and absorb so much damage makes for a good ship if you are more aggressive in your controls and driving lines. This being said, the speed is also extremely helpful on the straights. However, being that it was the first ship that I decided to learn how to drive without pilot assist, made it an extremely tricky task. However, being able to play this ship without screwing up too much can be extremely rewarding.

AG-Systems is a wonderful all around ship, and is extremely good when taking into consideration the balance of its speed, acceleration and handling. Though it lacks shield, it makes up for this with its ease of use, and is very rewarding.

Goteki 45 have wonderful looking ships. Not only in colour (like the other teams*), but in design and it's ability to accelerate like it has fallen off a cliff. It is fantastic when coming out of a sharp turn, as the thrust will get you up and going quickly, yet it remains agile enough to easy make corners and get back up to speed after being hit by a weapon.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Been awhile, fellow pilots.

None of these are in any real order.

Favorite tracks:
    Moa Therma
    Anulpha Pass
    Chenghou Project

Favorite ships:
    FEISAR (HD and FURY)
    Qirex (HD)
    Assegai / EG-X (HD) (Tie)

I admit I don't like much of the reverse tracks, ESPECIALLY Sebenco Climb! Moa Therma's reverse is ok, though, I suppose.

I may update this later with explanations when I have more time on my hands.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    s3thy_24

Tracks:

Sol 2 - My all-time favorite track, I've liked Sol since first piloting it in Pure
    Metropia - Great-looking color scheme, in my opinion Metropia is in the dead center in terms of difficulty (not easy, not difficult)
    Ubermall - Lots of open sections, but not without it's own technical corners. It feels very rewarding once you learn to cleanly navigate that last chicane at Phantom speed

Ships:

Piranha HD - Good-looking ship with a terrible Fury "upgrade". I use this ship from Venom to Rapier, but a 60 in Handling makes it practically unusable in all of the Phantom tracks bar Anulpha Pass
    AG Systems Fury - My Phantom Ship and favorite Fury ship. Amazing balance of acceleration, top speed and handling, as well as sufficient shielding
    Goteki 45 Fury - My favorite multi-hull ship. Massive thrust makes it very easy to recover after taking weapon fire

Ships
    Harimau HD
    AG-Systems Fury
    EG-X HD

Tracks
    Amphiseum Forward
    Sol 2
    Sebenco Climb

PSN ID
    Princess_Lunah

Tracks
    Syncopia (duh)
    Sebenco Climb
    Amphiseum
    Ships
    Harimau (both)
    AGS Fury
    Qirex Fury

PSN ID
    Dylan061997

My Top 3 Tracks :
    Vineta K Reverse , i really enjoyed this track but in foward (ouchies xD)
    Chenghou Project Reverse , at the begining i really hate this track but more i played this more and appreciate that track and really technical but the shortcut i failed sometimes
    The Amphiseum Foward , great track design and online big wars there xD

My Top 3 ships :
    AG-Systems (Both) : Playing since the 1st wipeout xD nice stats (maybe for new players too)
    Mirage Fury : Well same as AG-Sys i think i'm gonna to test mirage this friday
    Harimau Fury : Good speed and handling i think for new players that's a good choice (it's my opinion xD)
    Last edited by Dylan061997; 3rd August 2015 at 05:24 PM.

Amphiseum, only there for big jump at the end
    Sebenco, massively technical
    And Vineta K for the sub-tunnels

Ships
    Harimau (both) Fast, great handling a little weak tho...
    Triakis I LOVE BIG TANK!
    And finally Icaras cos 1 It's British and 2 it's FAST!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Carcide_027

Chenghou Project, Technical
    Amphiseum, The JUMP...
    Modesto Heights, Technical,the jump always glitches for me in reverse.

Ships:
    Assegai.Easy for everything
    Piranha, First Quick that tries to murder you in the corners ship
    Auricom, America.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Mine are:
    Any track that Scar plays
    Any ship that Scar pilots