Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are your Top 3 favorite tracks and ships?

PSN ID
    For PS4 PRO IxNOCTURNUSxXI

My favorite teams are Feisar, Icaras and AG -Systems but as for the ships I always prefer the fury ships as I find them more comfortable to use
    My favorite tracks have to be Ubermall, Sebenco Climb and Tech De Ra

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

Tracks:
    01 Vineta K Fwd/Rev (just love them both, I know)
    02 Sol 2 Rev
    03 The Amphiseum Rev

Ships:
    01 AG-Systems Fury
    02 Feisar Fury
    03 Goteki 45 Fury

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Favs:
    Chenghou F/R
    Ubermall R
    Sol 2 R or Metropia R not sure which

Mirage HD 2nd skin
    EG-X HD 3rd skin
    MY Silver Furymau
    (SaturnReturn borrowed it once and scratched the paintwork I was pissed)

On the flipside....

The only 3 tracks I dislike:
    Talon's F/R
    Amphi F/R
    Tech de Ra R

Only 3 ships I dislike using, starting with the most hateful:
    EG-X Fury
    Qirex Fury
    Assegai Fury
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 5th December 2013 at 05:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

1. Vineta k. Best track no explaination needed.
    2. Vineta k reverse. Love speedlap session here. Amazing quad combi!
    3. Sebenco fwd as the most difficult track. At least i think so.
    Actually i like every track out of TdR , talons rev.

Fav ships: iraras hari and feisar...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

1- Anulpha pass reverse
    I like doing brs and the triple on venom (or flash. Done it on few tries so i know it's possible) is really fun. Other speed class it's still fun to do a double there, like in phantom where it's easy (doing it really well (flat) and really fast is not).
    Last turn is fun too
    2- Probably Vineta K reverse
    BRs everywhere, lots of fun
    3- Hard to tell, it could be differents tracks, like Sol 2 fwd or ubermall fwd/reverse.
    Some really fun brs and shortcuts

Ships:
    1- Icaras
    2- Harimau
    3- Feisar

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Favorite tracks:

Amphiseum (F/R): I like the color scheme and the technically demanding nature of the track.
    Tech De Ra (F/R): It's a tough track because of the lack of guardrails but there's something cool about racing through mountain tunnels.
    Modesto Heights (F/R): It's a really, really hard track. But it's so satisfying to be able to race it well.

LEAST favorite tracks:

Sol 2: I am terrible at this track and I don't like flying over the edge.
    Ubermall: I stink at this track too and don't like that cheap turn near the end of the lap.
    Chenghou Project: It took me forever to beat this on Phantom Elite.

Favorite tracks (zone mode only):

Syncopia: my strongest track by far
    Anulpha Pass (R): my second strongest zone track
    Sebenco Climb (R): my best anti-zone track

Favorite ships:

AG Systems: It's a forgiving ship that handles well
    Harimau: A little faster than AG Systems, but with a weaker shield
    Assegai: The first ship I could use well

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Ruuku___ (three underscores)

My favourites for Wipeout HD almost change monthly, but after a long break and coming back I think I've figured it out.

Top 3 Ships

Auricom HD -
    How the hell I managed to get good, and faster than Icaras and AG-SYS, with this thing I'll never know. But I love the feel of it! Its like a lightweight Triakis with a hint of Qirex. Their liveries aren't bad, and I feel very unique using it, as no one else does. Infact, I've taken to Auricom so much I'm flying them in every game!

Auricom Fury -
    This one I use for tighter tracks, but it isn't as satisfying to use. Sure enough its an Auricom, but it isn't heavy enough XD It swings out at the rear end like the Icaras Fury does, but it doesn't flow as well as the HD version. I still like it because its one of the least twitchy Fury versions. Also, turn signal airbrakes.

AG-Systems Fury -
    This thing does twitchy right, it has quite respectable stats, and it glides across the track. I still like the Auricom better, but this is good for technical tracks if you want a nerve-wracking experience trying to stop it from flying right into a wall or off-kilter for a barrel roll. But still, its a nice speedy craft with just a perfect handling feeling if you haven't had a look at the heavier top-end speed craft.

Top 3 Tracks

Metropia Forward -
    I do love this track's variety, and I love the whole "boost over a slight curve and get 200m of air"-thing, but this track takes concentration to hit all the speedpads too, especially on the magstrip when you turn down. the Carousel turn at the end feels so satisfying when you turn it just right too. Sure, a weird place to throw and Auricom, but I still love that damn ship.

Amphiseum Reverse -
    A huge drop, a hairpin turn, a rollercoaster starting turn, and a shortcut through a billboard. I love this thing. Very satisfying to pull off correctly. Its also a good night track for photos, but sadly doesn't make use of a ship's headlights.

Syncopia -
    Simple, raw speed. flowing turns, amazing scenery and the best glitch in this game. It is THE track for high zone runs and loyalty grinding. The first turn into the narrow section can be quite horrible though, and could singnal the start for a pinballing chain.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Tracks.

Sebenco Climb (F/R)
    Ubermall (F)
    Vineta K (R)

Ships.

Assegai
    Qirex
    Icaras

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Ships:

1. Goteki 45 Fury: My Harimau killer. Who doesn't love this ship? It might not be the easiest ship to fly, or the most agile, but the thrust is unparalleled by any other team! Weapon recovery time is also great, the ship looks amazing, and I love the way it handles. Even though it is a rather heavy and large craft, the craft is great for pulling off a cheeky barrel roll or two. (I did have a friend destroy MY ship, no matter, have 100000 loyalty with Goteki anyway)

2. FEISAR Fury (ALSO MINE): A team that almost everyone loves, I love this ship to fly around some of the more technical tracks in the game (I hate you Sebenco Reverse, Ubermall, and Sol 2!) It may be a bit twitchy at times, but with almost completely equal stats to the Goteki (except in handling, where it is amazing in!), this thing is amazing to fly. (Yes, another friend thought he could handle Phantom Class on Sebenco Reverse vs Elite AI, and killed my ship)

FEISAR? Another ship please?

3. EG-X Fury: My OTHER Harimau killer. Great ship to fly around almost any track! Its slightly weak shield can get it into some trouble, and it handles slightly lighter than the Goteki, which has caused my some problems! Other than that, it does have a slightly better top speed than the Goteki at the cost of thrust, but I love this ship none the less. I also used this team to get Zone Zeus

Favorite Tracks

1: Anulpha Pass Forward: A simple track with a lot of depth to it, to find a better way of hitting every speed pad, where you should Barrel Roll, and what not! If I was going to do a race series with new players, this would be it! That narrow section is great for trolling players via Supermines and Bombs.

2: Talon's Junction Forward: One of the intermediate difficulty tracks in the game, this track requires you to have a very good racing line for you to succeed on that track. The final hairpin feels amazing if you get it just right, and you can get a good lead over the Elite AI as well.

3: Sebenco Climb Forward: Hairpin, hairpin, hairpin, harpin! This place is great for barrel rolling and testing every aspect of you and your craft. Surprisingly, I find this track easier than Tech De Ra, Chenghou Project, Vineta K, and Modesto Heights. This track isn't for the faint of heart...
    Last edited by Mike458; 25th December 2013 at 09:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Interesting picks, Mike, and I see your point in all of them. Well, I guess except for FEISAR, I hate FEISAR with a burning passion simply because it rivals my Icaras.

My top 3 ships would be:

1. Icaras - Pure speed. This thing can truly fly around any track, and if you can learn to maneuver it, it's a speed thrill!

2. Goteki 45 - Another fast one. Not on top of the top speed list, but it gets you going very fast and holds the same thrill as an Icaras to throw around.

3. Assegai - Flies like a dream, and it's fast too, which also helps in the long run after you master smoothing your corners.

My least favorite 3 would be:

1. FEISAR - They think they can rival my Icaras, when they can come nowhere close.

2. Auricom - It seems like on almost every WO game, the AI computers make Auricom pilots nasty to race with. Plus the ship handles like a brick, which doesn't help.

3. Triakis - Good for nothing but eliminator, and that sums it up right there.

My top 3 tracks:

1. Modesto Heights FWD - I got my first ever WO win here on Pure, and have loved it ever since. A difficult and tight track, Modesto is one of the most rewarding to master.

2. The Amphiseum RVR - What a track this is! 6km of pure excitement, it is both a fan and a racer's dream, with sooo many cool features and memorable track sections, and the famous Amphi-scenic route. It never looked better.

3. Moa Therma FWD - Such good racing lines around this place. I love entering an online lobby, losing every race, and then going to Moa Therma, where my opponents think they have it in the bag just like the other races. Unfortunately for them, I have mastered tightening my racing lines virtually to the wall here, and that makes for some easy speed on a wide but still very technical track.

Least favorite 3 tracks:

1. Chenghou Project - Tough corners, tough survival after BRs, tough everything. This course demands it all, and is really tricky to work.

2. Metropia RVR - They should have kept the old version of Metropia from Pulse, no frustrating blind corners, lol

3. Anulpha Pass FWD - Such a simple layout and still so difficult to beat Zico. Well made, HD team, but after taking the time to finally get that trophy I will never love this track.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

"Tough corners, tough survival after BRs, tough everything. This course demands it all, and is really tricky to work"
    That's why she's my baby <3

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Maybe I would like it more if I flew FEISAR... on the other hand, why not just hate it?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

All you need is FEISAR
    All you need is FEISAR
    All you need is FEISAR
    FEISAR's all you need

*waits for DDD to rage*

Icaras is still a good ship, but it's just as fragile as an eggshell.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I won't rage, lol, I'll just argue that fragile shields mean nothing as long as you are skilled at absorbing. Then you have the fastest ship on the map, and it's maneuverable too, even if that's not easy. The reasons I hate FEISAR: they're rivals to Icaras, and they are waaaay to slow for my taste. That is all. I'm not saying they aren't good ships, but I just don't like them. Kinda like Harimau, it's pretty fast in all honesty, just not my favorite.

PSN ID
    idloveacupoft

My favourite tracks are:
    Moa Therma
    Sebenco Climb
    Sol 2 Reverse.
    Moa is a nice course that I just love racing on. Especially without weapons. I've had some of my best/most memorable races there.
    Sebenco I like because it's as technical a course as you can get on hd fury, and after practice, a hugely fun course with many BR opportunities.
    Sol 2 R is my favourite reverse course. I dont specifically know why I love it, but I do its fun to race there, particularly online!

My favourite ships are
    Mirage
    Icarus
    Assegai/AG Sys
    When I started playing wipeout hd fury, I used feisar and harimau predominantly. At higher speeds, these ships were not helping me a great deal vs elite ai. So I took a break from the game. When I came back to it, I used mirage a lot and this ship helped me win the majority of elite cells. It was also useful online, unless coming up against seriously experienced players. Thank you mirage
    Icarus is there, naturally due to its high speed. It doesnt control too bad once airbrakes/sideshift are used well. This ship helped me with quite a few elite cells also.
    Assegai and AGS are listed third because I quite like em both assegai got me the win in the meltdown tourney for tje first time and hence got me the platinum,! and ags I find good and reliable.
    I have max loyalty for yhese four ships and harimau, which means that I habe not really dabbled with other ships too much

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I like all the tracks. They all have something special to them. Even Moa Reverse (hardly any BR's) has lines to offer which sharpen up my game somewhat.

Top three fave ships:

1) Icaras - fragile as glass but all the more fun due to the challenge it provides on the slower speeds - especially flash where the weps are kinda harsh
    2) Piranha - Tuffer than an old ladys handbag, and corners just as well - but what a beast. Just love it.
    3) Feisar - hailed as the new Icaras since 2.51, it sure does hold a distinct advantage over other ships on certain tracks - not that I logged these advantages or anything - just instinct tells me so.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Metropia Reverse - That 4 roll combo is hard but gratifying
    Modesto Reverse - Don't know why, just do
    Talon's Junction Reverse - With the two BR spots that are only available with a turbo, this track is the great equalizer

Silver HD Icaras - Looks awesome, handles awesome (I prefer the heavier feel personally), rolls better than Fury, I like the non Fury challenge too
    Silver Fury Icaras - Looks... kinda dumb from the back, handles better than HD, SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!!
    Silver Fury AGSys - I guess AG for Phantom races, I WONT use FEISAR ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

Ubermall fwd - 1st DP speedlap challenge, that's where it all began for me
    Vineta K fwd/rev - this track just has the flow
    Senenco fwd - Tony Hawk style track

Assegai HD/F - Best looking ship, that's why I choose it when I began playing
    Harimau F - just to make Yeldar angry everytime i scratch it (HD just doesn't have the looks)
    Icaras HD/F - speedlaps is my favourite game mode
    Last edited by Mietepiet; 18th January 2014 at 07:01 PM.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Icaras TDR reverse.
    Icaras TDR reverse.

Oh and Icaras TDR reverse.

When any1 beats me on that trk I swear like a mentalist!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Default My Favourites

WELL, FEISAR(Fury) Anulpha Pass, FEISAR(Fury) Moa Therma and FEISAR(Fury) the Amphesium and all on Phantom aswell.