Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are your Top 3 favorite tracks and ships?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Default What are your Top 3 favorite tracks and ships?

Post something you like and give each reasons why is that your favorite track/ship.

My Top 3 Tracks:
    1. Ubermall Forward - I mastered at navigating this route.
    2. The Amphiseum Reverse - Best place for Eliminator. It feels like playing in Pulse version.
    3. Syncopia - No tricky corners, wide width, excellent. Really love Zoning and Detonating there.

My Top 3 Ships:
    1. AG-Systems - Good all-rounder ship.
    2. Icaras Fury - It maybe pinkish, but their handling is remarkable.
    3. Goteki 45 HD - Thrust may be perfect but their handling is usually difficult. Otherwise, i merely used it for Speed Laps in the campaign, tnx to Hellfire_WZ.
    Last edited by OveReAction; 28th May 2010 at 11:55 PM.

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Tracks:
    1. Modesto Heights Rev - The most fun track for me... I love boost barrel rolling down the long curved left and dodging through the 'wavy' tunnel section.
    2. Amphiseum Rev - There's something satisfying about managing to pull off the Amphi-scenic route shortcut several times in a match.
    3. Sol 2 - It just looks beautiful.

Ships:
    1. Goteki 45 + Fury - Great thrust and handling... my favourite design in HD (the mostly white and pink skin). Fury is a bit of a bulldozer but still looks great everytime the engine flares up over a speed pad.
    2. AG-Systems - Great thrust and handling again... really like the blue colour scheme in HD. Fury has the performance boost but the design seems a little fat or bulgy.
    3. Piranha HD - Completed the entire campaign with this ship from the get go on Elite. All other ships have since felt as if they have top handling. Chosen due to being awesome in 2097 and I figured that using a ship with a low rated handling would help me improve fast.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

1/2. Vineta K Forward/Reverse - Short, sweet, BR heaven (thanks to the French pioneers).
    3. Sol 2 Reverse - In love with the first set of corners and looks fabulous

1. Furymau - Overpowered n00b ship that doesn't look anywhere near as good as it's HD equivalent. Go figure.
    2. EG-X HD - Looks badass and I love its cheeky banking when you negotiate corners. Fury version can get out.
    3. Icaras HD - Glides around the track, looks like a bird, perfect for Flying High

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

1. Metropia Rev - That blind chincane is like crack and I get a high every time I do it It is also easy to place blind bombs and bombs that throw racers off the track when hit
    2. Chengou Project - The big one my first track that I had to spend real time mastering. Once master however I've become very fond of the track and appreciate the corner in the beginning more for its missile deflecting properties. I am also partial to the sunset scenery.
    3. Modesto Heights - Unlike Chengou Project I just seems accustomed to this one from the get go. I get that same chill factor as Metropia in the beginning with the fast downhill BR right into the following 180. Sideshifts are your best friend here I find of all the tracks it is easiest for me to cut corners closer here.

Ships(No Order):

Assegai(Fury+HD) - It delivers on all ends apart from shields. However this is to me the most nimble ship in the game. The combination thrust and handling allow for fast cornering and the speed doesn't leave you hanging dry in the following straights. Another primary factor that has grown on me is the loose rear end which allow me to line up faster through a turn therefore I don't have to slam the airbrakes for as long. Overall a great ship provided you can manage your energy well enough.
    Mirage(Fury+HD) - Basically sacrifices Assegai's handling for increased shields from the looks of the stats. However Mirage is a very different beast altogether. Mirage is fast and accurate. It has the same balanced speed and thrust that help in get out front and stay there. The handling is not twitchy at all and can feel like a psychic connection between racer and ship at times. It's center of gravity and turning radius is just right to the point where you could slip into most of the rough stuff effortlessly and cleanly. The only downside I have noticed is that of very bumpy tracks(sebenco reverse) traking those turns is almost like driving and SUV too fast through a corner, you feel like your going to flip over. However this is still generally my most balanced team is every sense. Nothing is impossible with it!
    Goteki 45(HD) - The first ship I got 100,000 loyalty with. This is about thrust, and lots of it. Even starting at the back of the pack isn't so bad since you can pretty much jump back to the front. The steering is honestly stiff and this can be a good or bad thing but for me it works well and keeps me from messing up. Once in the lead due to the thrust the games not over yet though, you have to work to keep it there. But even so the thrust of Goteki 45 here is so great it noticably improves my recovery time from weps(my biggest downfall). Despite it seeming as though throwing you out front only to get run down is the order of the day there is one more advantage that I have enjoyed when using goteki: it is narrow. The hull is in fact one of if not the narrowest in the game and in combination with the thrust I have found that it eats chicanes alive, easily slipping though any opening without losing speed. This made it my fav. for a long time along with my number one track choice- that blind chicane with Goteki is immense

/End massive rant
    Last edited by IDReaper; 27th May 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    concrete_d

Tracks:
    Ubermall - Good combo of speed and technical sections, lots of opportunities for barrel rolls and turbo shortcuts. The reverse is awesome also.
    Metropia Reverse - Like this one a lot more than the forward - feels a lot smoother to me, and going through the blind corner successfully is sweet.
    Sol 2 Reverse - Hated this one at first, now it's a favorite. First corner series into the downhill slope never gets old.

Teams:
    So many good ones - also like AG-Systems, Icaras, and Feisar, but I feel a special affinity for the following three:
    Harimau HD+Fury - My first love and 100,000 loyalty. Don't use it often now, but it's an old standby.
    Goteki 45 HD - Started using after watching Hellfire's tutorials (original I know), stayed for the enormous thrust and surprising responsiveness through corners (if you take them right). This ship's handling and somewhat low top speed forces you to take a good line - I learn something every time I use it.
    Mirage Fury - This is my favorite right now - perfect mix of agility and stability, pretty good thrust and speed. Most of all it feels comfortable in a weapons race, almost like it can slip by other ships and weapons with its little tube body. When I want to go all out, I go for this one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Anulpha Pass Fwd/Rev: Yeah the most unloved track of all! But i don't give a sh!t about its general appreciation, it's a challenging track, due to the over-pass that requires a lot strategic anticipation in all its simplicity and also the goddamn narrow pass where all Mines and Bombs are dropped. It's a track based solely on pure top speed and acceleration, hence the 2 triple speed pad protions, one in the big curve on Fwd and the other right after the bump, with of course the over-pass again. I just LOVE using a Turbo to BR after the first curve on Fwd and BR on the flat after the first chicane on Rev!

Metropia Reverse: I'm like IDReaper on this; the brutal chicane after the vertical maglock rise is THA thrill of it all! I also love to BR after the first hairpin, then with the obtained boost BR again in the downward slope before the big rise. BR near the last chicane, before starting grid is also the coolest.

Modesto Height Fwd/Rev: I mention both versions but i got a preference on the Reverse. I love soaring through the slalom portion before screwing everyone up in the 90° hairpin, to catch up the triple Speed pads and climbing up to the top of the slope! On the Forward version, i dunno if i'm the only one to BR before the steep bump at the suspended bridge?

Now for the ships.

Fury Mirage: As a lot of people already know, i recently got fond on this one. If you wanna know why, just look at the thread i made about it!

HD/Fury Feisar:
    The God of Handling, it's that simple. I've been a long time follower of Feisar, and the Fury version just consolidated my devotion And to me, this ship have the most beautiful design of all.

HD/Fury Auricom ex aqueo with HD/Fury Harimau: Sorry but i simply cannot reject one or the other. Auricom if the first and only heavy-ass ship that i used, and i got quite accomodated to it. To me it's the one with the best handling and weight distribution. Both HD and Fury version are also sooo bad-ass! I love the air-brakes on the Fury version too! And Harimau, because the HD version was so under-estimated, and behavior on the track is so well-balanced. Of course the Fury version is a killer, a lethal kunai throwing itself on the track for a carnage, thanks to awesome Top Speed and Handing!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

top three tracks:
    Seb rev: the absolute king track for sideshifts and BRs

Uber rev: i have one distinct reason for liking this over the forward version. the first chicane (last on fwd.) i can never do this satisfactory on fwd, but reverse works like a charm also uber is one of the coolest tracks in the game anyway.

CP fwd: tight technical, tons of BRs. plus it does not have the turbo BR shortcut ( i find it a bit match critical to get that right. so it close to impossible to win without. hmm a bit unballanced.)

top three ships:
    Piranha HD: FEED ME. its slow off the line, but consistent good racing lines makes his craft a BEAST. it also have a classy sleek look (it oozes fast like no other ship does.)Venom/flash (rapier/phantom on AP and Moa.)

Auricom HD: The AURICOM WAY ftw, its kind of like the piranha, but faster of the line and more stable in the corners. does lack a bit on top speed but its a nice balance to the piranha. also it looks sexy as hell Venom/flash/rapier

G-45 HD: well what can i say definitely FUTURE PROOF. stiff handling=stability, and the rest you can sideshift your way around . this is my absolute favorite craft for tight technical tracks because of its handling. oh... and the thrust is orgasmic. it also have an awesome industrial look, that separate it from all the nice and purty teams Rapier/phantom
    (furymau )mmm its just so...sweet rapier/phantom
    Last edited by Motorsagmannen; 28th May 2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: well, wth i might as well fill in some details (also i liked the way dreamy elf assigned class preference.)

mine were..well before my ps3 connection broke were...

ubermall
    ubermall reverse
    AP reverse

Ships are

harimau
    ags
    fiesar

i aslo like many other tracks and ships but as you asked for 3 of both..here they are..

maybe if i ever get back online this will change.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

heey jasmin welcome back. long time no see

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

Silly me; I had forgotten that this was the Wipeout HD board. All right, then:

Favorite tracks:

1. The Amphiseum

2. Sol 2

3. Sebenco Climb

Favorite ships:

1. Auricom

2. AG-Systems

3. Qirex

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Favourite Tracks:

1) Sol 2 Forward

2) Metropia Reverse

3) Moa Therma Forward

Favourite ships:

1) Mirage Fury (obviously)

2) Harimau Fury

3) Icaras Fury

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Hello guys,

My Top 3 Tracks (no particular reason to like ):
    1. The Amphiseum (f & r)
    2. Teck Da Ra (f & r) - Outside track, with rocks... nice one.
    3. Ubermall (f only) ... I'll pass the last chicane one day on Forward track, one day...

My Top 3 Ships:
    1. AG-Systems - Great starts and handling.
    2. Icaras - I hate... but I like... I don't understand.
    3. Harimau - There's something wrong with this ship, I just can't figure what it is

PS : Having "Pulse Metropia Black" shape on both "HD Metropia Forward and Reverse" was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge disapointment.
    Metropia white was one of my favorite tracks on Pulse... but I really dislike que the black shape :'(

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    O_BR

1. Amphirev
    2. Ubermall forward
    3. Tech de Ra forward

1. Fury QIREX
    2. HD Piranha
    3. Universal Zone ship

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

Tracks:
    Sol 2 Fwd- i love this track,my fav since wo pure,flying around clouds feels so good!

Chenghou Project Fwd- i hated it at first, now that i mastered it i love it! (the monaco of wo xD)

Sebenco Climb Fwd- i love side-shifting here

i will also add Metropia Rev and Tech De Ra Fwd, both amazing tracks!

Ships:
    AG-Systems Fury- the perfect ship for me, excellent all-around stats!
    Feisar Fury- amazing handling and beautiful too but slow on low classes...
    Icaras HD- this is the ferrari of wipeout, difficult to handle but so fast!
    Last edited by DreamyElf; 21st June 2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: additional info

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

tracks:

anulpha fwd - the monza of wipEout hd (imola/sao paulo-style). anulpha has so much secrets that can be explored, and it has some of the hardest BR-combos.

sebenco fwd - what should i say? love! super technical.

tech de ra fwd - 1st corner-BR is so nice, with exact timing u can do a double there (SS is ur friend).

ships:

i dont like the fury ships, cause of their "clean-computer-look", so i stay hd (used-style) most of the time.

piranha hd - i like nice big ass! brazil ftw

eg-x hd - it feels like flying a rocket. it has great cornering abilities, if u use SS very often.

zone - i want it 4 SL/TT.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

Top 3 Tracks
    1. The Amphiseum (R>F)
    2. Tech Da Ra (R)
    3. Syncopia/Anulpha Pass (F) (Good times in Zone)

Top 3 Ships
    1. Fury Assagai - My General All-Purpose Ship (Also, I Love the design )
    2. Fury Qirex - Mainly used in Eliminator, And I play alot of Eliminator
    3. Fury/HD G45 - Dont know what to say about G45, Its just awesome.

PSN ID
    morfeo378

I love all the tracks, always learning new things
    only 3:
    sol 2
    cheng proj rev
    amp rev
    ships:
    Icaras fury
    Harimau hd and fury
    goteki 45

PSN ID
    someguy789

Tracks
    The Amphiseum R -the track I'm best at good shortcut too
    Anulpha Pass F -nice simple track, good fun to race on
    Chengu Project F -used to hate it but as I've got better I've started to enjoy it more

Ships
    Quirex F -only started using it recently but I really like it, ship I'm best with
    Harimau F -used it for ages good all-rounder
    Don't have a 3rd best ship really it's all of them!
    Last edited by someguy789; 28th May 2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: capital letters

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Tracks:
    I like all of them with the closest to not being liked Moa Therma (too simple from a straightforward glance, yet I find the BR's/boosts unbelievably frustrating and unforgiving)... but if I had to choose 3:

* Tech De Ra Rev: Kinda like AP: deceptively simple at first glance, but there are a whole bunch of BR's that require persistence to be able to achieve properly, and they can really pay off.
    * Metropia Rev: It's been said, but the blind corner is a lot of fun to take when you know how to handle it. Plus, the BR's and BR opportunities are all pretty fun as well.
    * Modesto Heights fwd: Pretty technical, tight track that's tough to nail, but when you get it right, it's up there with the best.
    Bonus mention: Ubermall fwd: So many good br's and boost locations, it's hard to fault Ubermall. It's punishing if you get something wrong, and that last corner makes you pay attention on the faster speeds.

Ships:
    Icaras Fury: Almost hands down the fastest ship on just about every track below phantom, being a SL player this is a good choice to come back to despite possibly not being the most fun to handle. In phantom it falls apart though and the HD version seems to be better.
    Feisar Fury: I think it's better than the HD version in pretty much every way and it's always a good ship to play with somehow. I like it, anyway.
    Mirage Fury: I like this in phantom. Seems rock solid. Hate how it looks. Perhaps not the best overall, but feels absolutely rock solid.
    Bonus mention: Furymau: Another awesome phantom class ship; it's light and has great handling.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Tracks:
    Anulpha Pass Forward
    Moa Therma forward
    Moa Therma Reverse
    Ships:
    HD Feisar
    Fury Feisar
    and emm... dunno