I just started playing HD online again a few days ago, and was curious as to the issues that still exist. The Barrel rolls seemed to work just fine, even with the bad lag against a few people. My question was with the lag. Against some people, it was taking a quarter of a second for my turning inputs to register. Is this because they have a crappy connection, or me? or both? Are they getting the same sort of lag against me?

Also, every time I was racing behind someone else, when they were on screen, there was a small lag the ENTIRE time that they were in my sights, not a game killer, but you have to adjust your turning accordingly for sure. Frustrating though when it changes from turning on a dime, to having that lag. If I passed the person and was racing on my own, almost NO lag, or maybe none at all, giving an advantage to being in first right off the bat (read goteki)

LAST QUESTION:

Has anyone done a test of framerates and lag if you are to change the resolution to lower levels, or even use the crappy composite cables, if perhaps it runs better? I know what was said that it did not matter, but has someone actually tested it in depth between HDMI, composite, and component at the various resolution levels