Thread: New Mirage lover ^^

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Default New Mirage lover ^^

Seriously, i dunno what the **** happened, but since i took place in this little bubble ship of joy, my performances went massive. Jeez, it gave me the 6th position on Vineta K Reverse, Phantom Multiplayer!

This ship is SO-COOL. Is it me or it feels its more prompt and easier to execute BRs? Anybody agrees? I dunno if its because the ship is so slender, it's compact and got no side wings, it feels like it just tunnels into the air stream like an arrow. Good top speed and thrust, handles like a charm, and plenty of shield energy - for the Fury version of course. The HD model is too weird for me... But Fury one fits like a glove. I feel the ship, and its behavior on the track is perfect to me.

Now i understand why Dark_Phantom_89 and Coatlketzal are sold to it, and so am i

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

Cool, join us! Lol glad to know you found a new love for Mirage. While I haven't been as faithful it is still my go to ship whenever I feel like I just can't put it together with another ship more specialized. Also to answer your question yes handling Mirage feels like a psychic bond and the shape is very cylindrical so it's like whatever space the ship can fit into it can also BR without clipping anything. The only thing lacking really is the handling which is still plenty to make any turn well and isn't to twitchy.

To be honest I may go back to it, I've been trying to force myself to learn ships I have no aptitude for

Also congrats on you record

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Hehe thanks Reaper

What's also funny is that i never thought of flying this ship eagerly like now! Like i said, the HD model always looked gross to me... How the hell can you see in front of you with those huge-ass flaps?!? But fortunately they made the Fury version more sober, and still the design is much awesome and distinctive.

You are so right about its shape. I don't feel claustrophobic on the track, among a full grid. Feels like i just need to find a gap and slip through it! This effect on me is building up my confidence and awaken my reaction senses even more. I need less to worry about anticipating collisions for instance, and keeping just the minimum attention to those.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

HD version is my ex, don't dis or she'll come for you like an angry cockroach

Always nice to see people find 'their' ship. Unless they're OBH because he's about as faithful as Tiger

*runs far and wide*

PSN ID
    emwu23

I started to race this ship recently as well.Yeah its a very good ship to handle,its very stable on the track.Before i was using harimau and it was very good for me.
    Im just trying to see how it is with every ship in the game and score max loyality points.So far goteki,piranha,harimau and now mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Unless they're OBH because he's about as faithful as Tiger *runs far and wide*
    Haydn will just end up deleteing the game claiming himself overall victor with every ship

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Interesting choice of ship there Kyonshi. The bug ship is a good all rounder, but is one almighty ugly looking ship, especially the fury version. Its looks like someone who has been disfigured in a really bad car accident

If it suits you the best Kyonshi, then stick with it mate

I gotta say the ginger is right, the tiger is the best ship out there, ive been using it all the time now.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

It all depends about the pilot. Harimau ain't the best ship out there, even with 90 Top Speed and 90 Handling. Thrust and Shield are far from being the best and to master the potential of this ship, you have to be an expert pilot. That's why a lot of top dogs are using it, most famous being Yeldar. One the other hand, Rezatron is unbeatable with Feisar, and would be telling you that this is the best ship, and i would probably say the same. I've been using Feisar and Harimau for a long time and i can see the specific pros and cons of those ships. HD AG-Systems is far from being the best ship around. Much Top Speed is lacking, but the good Thrust/Handling combination reveals its true power, along with perfect behavior on the race track. This is a ship you can feel. Legions of players used it, and some of the best veterans still use it despite Fury ship versions overwhelming the grid. I remember Vartazian and TarotCardKiller being unstoppable with it, while they were in my team.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Ahh, your words regarding Mirage are like music to my hears Kyonshi

It's such an underrated ship and is much better than people give it credit for.

Eureka - It's not ugly, it's unique

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

It is unique.

But Triakis is still the most awesome looking ship.

Whoa there sailors! When did I say Hazzer was the best? I'm very much an "each to their own" type.

Tiger Woods people, Tiger Woods.

Lol phlanj, that's brilliant!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Harimau means "tiger" in Indonesian, Yeldar That's why we started this up! But come to think of it, if there would be a rich looking black ship with a stunning drive, maybe this would attract more females to the game? No?

Yeah i went there

Oh and HD Triakis is horrifying. Looks like a big green duck, with its huge duckie beak. Qwack-qwack... At least Fury Triakis looks more like the bad-ass shark tank it supposed to be!

I'm 5/16 Indonesian ^_^

w00t

lol@babemagnet ship. All we need is custom skins and custom plates

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Harimau isnt Indonesian Yeldar it is Malaysian. Where all the Proton cars are built.

Indonesia is Jarkata and Harimau is Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, where the Petronas Towers are. Nice place that is, awesome place for cheap electronic shopping.

@ Kyonshi: Common both the Triakis ships look awesome. the Triakis one is the perfect weapon for online eliminator, and it looks suit as well. Would love to buy a car one day that looks like a Triakis ship

Malay and Indo are pretty much the same language: Harimau means Tiger in both so I'll claim it

Shield energy is an unnecessary stat, doesn't make enough of a difference to matter.
    The old 2097 AG-Sys, now that had poor shields

Sorry I'm finding it well hard to stay ontopic in here...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Well last time i checked on the translator, i wrote Harimau in the Indonesian as well as Malaysian box and in english it did gave me Tiger. So case closed. Move along.

Come to think of it; what's the meaning of other less obvious team names? Like Goteki 45, Qirex, Auricom, EG-X (i know its a fusion or EG-R and Xios though)?

I know that Assegai is the name of a traditional African spear that Zulu warriors used in battle, among other. Fury Assegai actually have this spear-shaped design.

Triakis is a type of shark, the houndshark precisely. Tri for "three" and akis for "sharp" or "pointed", referring to the 3-pointed teeth of those sharks. The Triakis ship actually have 3 pointed design features, being the cockpit and dual arms. The Fury version has of course the awesome shark face on the nose.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Yes mate! Mirage are for pros!!..................

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Unless they're OBH because he's about as faithful as Tiger
    ............. the man has a point

hmmmm, might have to have another go with my trusty green blob.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post
    HD AG-Systems is far from being the best ship around. Much Top Speed is lacking, but the good Thrust/Handling combination reveals its true power, along with perfect behavior on the race track. This is a ship you can feel. Legions of players used it, and some of the best veterans still use it despite Fury ship versions overwhelming the grid. I remember Vartazian and TarotCardKiller being unstoppable with it, while they were in my team.
    Yes, I stick with HD AG when I play online. It feels better than everything else despite lacking in pace. Makes a win over fields of Icaras Furys all the more satisfying too.

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

I must agree with Kyonshi about the Mirage Fury ship; It is incredible. I like the way it handles especially and it is easily one of my favorite ships now.
    PS: Honestly, though, when i see the ship at its sides, it looks like a sneaker shoe.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Awesome! More Mirage fans!

My Mirage has by far the most loyalty points. I started using it because it had completely average 8/8/8/8 stats, and I figured that if I found myself needing more speed, or shields, or whatever, I could easily swap the default-in-every-way Mirage for another ship that had the attributes that I needed. As it is, the Mirage has carried me all the way to the final event in Fury (which I'm almost done with).

BTW, Goteki means "strong enemy" in Japanese. 強敵 or 剛敵. Make sure the "o" is long. Here it is in a Japanese dictionary:

http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/jn/...1%AA%E9%82%B8/