Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need some help on taking a part and reassembling electronics

Hybrid View

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Default need some help on taking a part and reassembling electronics

Is anybody else familiar with taking things apart, looking at them writng down "what's is this and that", and putting the thing back together. :-?

Well I'm a little stumped. On what I am doing.
    One. a Philips CD Player
    Two. A Magnovox VCR/DVD
    Three. A computer, it's monitor, and a couple other things.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Don't open a monitor unless you know what you are doing. It's extremely dangerous.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

yeah I had been fixing, taking a part and assembling electronics since I was kid in fifth grade playing G.I. Joes.

This is my first time working on Computers!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

I don't know if you get what I mean. High voltage isn't something to play with. :-? In fact, if you toched the wrong thing (even with the monitor unplugged) you could easily die.

If I recall correctly, Infoxx used to work as an electrician. He'll probably tell you the same thing.

Dude, don't go breakin somethin ya just bought

PSN ID
    infoxicated

As the man says - it's not worth messing with it - little odds and ends, radios, rc cars, **** like that - yeah - rip it apart.

I took apart my rc R2D2 when I was little to see how he worked. (strangely there wasn't a very small midget inside!)

Monitors are a different ball game, though - full of nasty stuff, not even counting the electrical dangers.

yeah i say leave it be,i used to work in a tv/vid/satelitte repairs store ,we allways had fun with new recruits by chargin up a line out tranny (which was the storage area for ac to dc conversion plus step ups) so in comes 240V @13amps to the high tension 10kv dc 1.5amps,when the guy picked it up and ooops touched the wrong part,blam that huge store of dc would throw them across the room.

the moral here is dont do it,it looks fun untill that point comes when u mess with something that looks harmless but is really a human killer.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

You were crazy? :roll: :-? I just only hope the guys were correctly isolated and all that. If a few Amperes go past your heart you'll taste fibrilation.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon
    Dude, don't go breakin somethin ya just bought
    No! the monitor or computer equipment I am going to be using is nothing new! This is from my first computer a year ago and I still have everything but the CPU.

The monitor, the printer, the keyboard, and the speakers. I'm just going to tinker around, study, see what I can and can not do to it.

See if I could use some of the parts in creating something new and unique.

If I could do the same thing my best friends Kris Keith did for his room.
    He took a Boss speaker system and wired his neon lights and sound equipment to his computer together. And it all worked! And Chris Seegers, Daniel McCall, David Ray, David Goodwin, and Robert Collins they all take computer apart different computers and create something with the parts.

I wan't to see if I can do it. :-?

my friend Mike (different Mike) is really smart with computers, possibly smarter than BaPinney, he builds computers and will try and use any scrap part he can find, i help him with that too (looking for parts). He can fix just about any computer all self taught too. I'm learning from him what components my computer should have etc. Anyways i g2g, working on my Grad Project for school. Cya guys later.