Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever get carried away...

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

@woop I don't necessarily call that competition, merely lucky pick ups imo. I played wipeout online quite happily since release day until a small patch just before Fury was released. A weapons tweak was clearly implemented as now my races were even able to be ruined by the person in last place, spraying the track with mines and bombs :/

Before that patch, online really was a great deal more fun

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I can understand the RAGE thing, getting shot by someone who doesn't need to shoot really ****s me off. I'd hate to see the RAGE get to some people because they already fire off every weapon they get like it's some sort of virus. Using bombs with a 3-4 second lead? Really? Really? Pff...

I get carried away with BRs. If someone or everyone is getting on my nerves I just Barrel Roll my tits off and laugh if I win because I didn't have to do so by slowing people down with weps.

Although more often than not it gets me killed because apparently weapons pwn all nowadays... -_-

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

I guess weapon pickups are luck related but it's still good fun... sometimes.

I've been bombed and even rocketed by people as I lap them when in first place (those players that join and have obviously never played phantom before), that's fairly rage inducing when your engine output is reduced to zero and all you see is those sparks as you slide across the track. Then the culprit bumbles past you while you just sit there.

But again, I don't 'try too hard' to win. I've actually got quite a nice collection of 'Successful Pacifist' bagdes.
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 1st March 2010 at 01:21 PM.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Agreed woop. That is highly annoying

Yeah I am very much a pacifist, yeld will tell you that lol. I think I have over 400 of those badges now, only being beaten by speed pad hunter. Not that badges mean much

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I have less than 50 weapons related badges in total (not counting the shield ones. I love my shield) ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by stinkleroy View Post
    be ruined by the person in last place, spraying the track with mines and bombs :/

Before that patch, online really was a great deal more fun
    was gonna say i dont really have a problem with online until stinkleeroy wrote this...
    I do get bugged by lapped loser bombers.

and its also true to say the randomness of weapons gets quite silly sometimes when you do get silly amounts of just one type of weapons such as quakes which i think i would love to turn off in option in my rooms.

I also agree with Ace that provided at least one player is behind me when i finish the race i have nice smile on my face..i play to my limits not someone elses..

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyKyle'sProtège View Post
    Seriously, whenever you playing online do you get a sudden burst of aggresivness in regards to wanting to come 1st so badly

I get too much involved with WipEout and this happens to me frequently...

what about you guys
    I can handle losing races, but i can get a bit agressive if i get mined to he*l several races in a row.

PSN ID
    shapealot

its rare i fire a shot because its precious BR energy an i need as much as i can get. it doesnt bother me if i mess up a shortcut an come off thats my own fault for tryna be a smart ass so i just laugh but some guy side shifted me off the track on sol 2 twice in 2 races and thats just bad manners online so i thought it would be fun to blow this guy up. i didnt have the RAGE but it was good good to see him explode

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I have my moments - its usually FPSs that tense me to win.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

PvP I don't rage, I can get a bit miffed sometimes when you keep getting blown to bit several times in a row, but I never rage quit.

Versus AI I can get real angry though, I just hate it when you know you can pick up that gold medal by just a hair and then you get hit with three weapons in two seconds and are dead last again, that's caused the odd swearing fit. Though I learned not to throw the controller, as I started playing wipeout on the PSP. Would've sucked to throw that through the room...