Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever get carried away...

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Arrow Do you ever get carried away...

Seriously, whenever you playing online do you get a sudden burst of aggresivness in regards to wanting to come 1st so badly

I get too much involved with WipEout and this happens to me frequently...

what about you guys

not really..

But i keep my expectations low so i enjoy online and wont quit playing just cos im not the world champion after a couple of hours online play..

nearest i get to what u talk about is when i am in second near the end of the race and i believe i can win it..i turn it on hard and go for either blow them off the track and race safe or just do some risky flying using side shifts and anything to make me go faster.I find in these situations my brain goes quite quick so i can make a good desision..dosnt always pay off but sometimes it does..

Timezone
    GMT -5

All the time. I get really angry and aggressive especially when I'm in races with 6 or 7 other people and I can hardly maneuver because I keep getting shoved into the wall or missiles/rockets are flying everywhere, or bombs and mines are being thrown in my face. I really wish they had an option to limit the amount of players in a race, in my opinion 4 is the perfect size.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I get pretty violent... it's not so much out of a desire to come in first, but rather the insult I feel when I'm stuck at the back of the pack. I'm not at the top tier of pilots out there, but I don't suck either... unfortunately, sometimes I just get the short end of the stick and eat tons of weapons, or fly off the track somewhere inopportune, and it leaves me screwed for the rest of the race. THis is the most infuriating thing ever because I KNOW I can do better, but the game is just like LOL NO

I only really start getting angry if stuff like that happens consistently... otherwise, I kinda just chill and take victories and losses in stride.

I get REAL angry at myself in Speed Lap or Time Trial offline though. I know the bar is set high but I have this attitude of if other people can do it, so can I, so I get really psyched up when I'm trying to focus hard and shave down that 5/100ths of a second or something lol

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyKyle'sProtège View Post
    Seriously, whenever you playing online do you get a sudden burst of aggresivness in regards to wanting to come 1st so badly

what about you guys
    LOL me too. My downstairs neighbors go ape when i go on a swearing fit when im trying to get a simple trophy.

The local GAME store staff knows me alot now since im always in there buying new PS3 controllers, since my PS3 controllers get thrown around a bit. Was soooo mad last summer that one of the PS3 controllers went out of the apartment window XD. I hope it didnt hit anyone on the head Well we are the city with the four seasons in a day i guess haha

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Rarely. I can handle a bit of the odd Cambodia here and there, however there are times when it got to a ridiculous level.

The worst for me was going from a 6 second lead in 1st down to 8th thanks to a quake, leech beam, missile, rockets, and bomb all one after another. Then I got rammed off the edge twice - needless to say I got angry at that one.

I thought "Ok, that was a one-off - Cambodia at that level doesn't happen often." The next 6 races were almost exactly the same. I had to leave the lobby after that and take a break to save my precious controller being thrown.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Don't care for 1st place, just don't wanna come last... If I come 2nd before last - I'm ok with that...

If by a combination of mad luck and some skill, I do manage to take a win - I get bloody nervous, coz I think "Schitt - I beat the pros, now they gonna lynch me" and er, they usually do... still, I dont get mad... No... Next race, I get the "Successful Pacifist" badge ROFL

having OBH as a brother i lernt a long long time ago not to get angry when i loose at games

its funny meeting new people who will say "yer were the best in are group at X game" and then when i win it destroys them even more when i say "yer but i cant beat my bro at it"

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
    Rarely. I can handle a bit of the odd Cambodia here and there, however there are times when it got to a ridiculous level.

The worst for me was going from a 6 second lead in 1st down to 8th thanks to a quake, leech beam, missile, rockets, and bomb all one after another. Then I got rammed off the edge twice - needless to say I got angry at that one.

I thought "Ok, that was a one-off - Cambodia at that level doesn't happen often." The next 6 races were almost exactly the same. I had to leave the lobby after that and take a break to save my precious controller being thrown.
    Completely agree with you, I am partial to rage quit these days...not because I want to win, all I'm bothered about is a good race. However with the amount of weapons firing around the track these days that seems impossible and is the reason I rarely play online anymore. That is the only time I ever feel angry with this game. I counted 6 quakes in one race a few days back, that was enough to send me offline again

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

I enjoy the fierce competition when everyone is racing close to one another and weapons are flying all over the place. It's a good bit of fun.

The only thing that annoys me is when the race leader is 6+ seconds ahead and still drops every mine and bomb he picks up. I get annoyed but not exactly to 'RAGE' levels. I never ragequit.

I'm fairly content with losing. I occasionally host games and wait for players to join, and sometimes good players join up and I have to 1v1 them. Had the pleasure a week or two ago to race Ace3cube 8 times in a row because noone was joining, and was left eating dust every time. Though we weren't using weapons, we had them active, but had a mutual understanding to 'just race hard!'.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

@woop I don't necessarily call that competition, merely lucky pick ups imo. I played wipeout online quite happily since release day until a small patch just before Fury was released. A weapons tweak was clearly implemented as now my races were even able to be ruined by the person in last place, spraying the track with mines and bombs :/

Before that patch, online really was a great deal more fun

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I can understand the RAGE thing, getting shot by someone who doesn't need to shoot really ****s me off. I'd hate to see the RAGE get to some people because they already fire off every weapon they get like it's some sort of virus. Using bombs with a 3-4 second lead? Really? Really? Pff...

I get carried away with BRs. If someone or everyone is getting on my nerves I just Barrel Roll my tits off and laugh if I win because I didn't have to do so by slowing people down with weps.

Although more often than not it gets me killed because apparently weapons pwn all nowadays... -_-

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

I guess weapon pickups are luck related but it's still good fun... sometimes.

I've been bombed and even rocketed by people as I lap them when in first place (those players that join and have obviously never played phantom before), that's fairly rage inducing when your engine output is reduced to zero and all you see is those sparks as you slide across the track. Then the culprit bumbles past you while you just sit there.

But again, I don't 'try too hard' to win. I've actually got quite a nice collection of 'Successful Pacifist' bagdes.
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 1st March 2010 at 01:21 PM.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Agreed woop. That is highly annoying

Yeah I am very much a pacifist, yeld will tell you that lol. I think I have over 400 of those badges now, only being beaten by speed pad hunter. Not that badges mean much

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I have less than 50 weapons related badges in total (not counting the shield ones. I love my shield) ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by stinkleroy View Post
    be ruined by the person in last place, spraying the track with mines and bombs :/

Before that patch, online really was a great deal more fun
    was gonna say i dont really have a problem with online until stinkleeroy wrote this...
    I do get bugged by lapped loser bombers.

and its also true to say the randomness of weapons gets quite silly sometimes when you do get silly amounts of just one type of weapons such as quakes which i think i would love to turn off in option in my rooms.

I also agree with Ace that provided at least one player is behind me when i finish the race i have nice smile on my face..i play to my limits not someone elses..

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyKyle'sProtège View Post

what about you guys
    I can handle losing races, but i can get a bit agressive if i get mined to he*l several races in a row.

PSN ID
    shapealot

its rare i fire a shot because its precious BR energy an i need as much as i can get. it doesnt bother me if i mess up a shortcut an come off thats my own fault for tryna be a smart ass so i just laugh but some guy side shifted me off the track on sol 2 twice in 2 races and thats just bad manners online so i thought it would be fun to blow this guy up. i didnt have the RAGE but it was good good to see him explode

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I have my moments - its usually FPSs that tense me to win.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

PvP I don't rage, I can get a bit miffed sometimes when you keep getting blown to bit several times in a row, but I never rage quit.

Versus AI I can get real angry though, I just hate it when you know you can pick up that gold medal by just a hair and then you get hit with three weapons in two seconds and are dead last again, that's caused the odd swearing fit. Though I learned not to throw the controller, as I started playing wipeout on the PSP. Would've sucked to throw that through the room...