Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Syncopia/Pure Four Time Trial Glitch

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

Looking forward to this vids yeldar! How much of the session did you manage to record? I had a blast excluding the fact that my DSL connection was going up and down like a roller coaster during the entire session. :- Just gave my ISP a good piece of my mind!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Got a fair few. Still putting music over the top etc.... cos I was playing in silence. Was 05:00 when I stopped and people were trying to sleep

Tell me about ISPs though. My most recent results on Speedtest.net are giving me as bad as 500ms ping o_O

Gonna queue the uploads in a sec. Won't be long now

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    i was talking to Chris (SaturnReturn) in a msn chatbox and my distraction caused the mishap of the discovery of the glitch, lol.
    Not entirely sure if that's meant to be a joke?? No-one caused it, not even me. If it's not a joke then I think this is the first time I've seen anyone try to take credit for a freak occurence on the other side of the world.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Never claiming credit for it at all.

So you saying the conversation we had the moment the glitch was found didnt occur?

I still have the msn chat session from the 21st of Feb this year saved on the computer. Reading it right now. The discussion was about TVs, optic fibre and pirhapac's DR rev method.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 23rd June 2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Deleted public post of private conversation.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

No I'm not saying the conversation didn't happen. I'm saying that talking to someone on MSN has nothing to do with causing a glitch in the game. I'm saying that it's a glitch and no-one caused it, it just happened when I pressed the X button. Whereas you clearly wrote that you [or your distraction] caused it, which means you are [or an action of yours is] the reason it happened, which to me means you're taking credit for it. Unless you're just joking, which is why I was asking if you were or not.

EDIT:
    Also, please don't post MSN messages that you have with individuals on here without asking then first.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 23rd June 2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: .

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

The msn chat session of that night didnt cause the glitch at all, but it did play its role in the discovery of the glitch. If we werent talking that night on msn at that exact moment in time, im pretty certain the glitch would not have been discovered if at all. Thats what i am saying.

Moving on...

Videos are up

Links are in the Videos thread. You know you want to

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

I'm hosting a game again like yesterday if anyone is up for racing on syncopia.

EDIT: Still hosting.
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 23rd June 2010 at 10:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ill pop in now if the room is still going

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

If we werent talking that night on msn at that exact moment in time, im pretty certain the glitch would not have been discovered if at all.
    To put it simply....no. That's like an England fan saying that Defoe only scored today because he was in the audience and blew his vuvuzela at that exact moment in time. It's not possible to know either way what would or wouldn't have happened, but as long as I was doing what I was doing then it's possible it would have happened. If not, then it is just as likely to have happened to someone else after. To try and claim any kind of influence over it happening just makes no sense. Even if it did make sense, then the following would be far more likely to be the 'cause' of it happening at that exact moment:

kanar - for hosting Avalon, the reason I tried to log on.
    Sony - for causing the servers to be down when I tried to log on, but was unable.
    ericd7m - for posting a TDR rev video beforehand, which made me want to try the method in time trial while I was waiting to be able to log on for Avalon.

But even if none of those things had happened, it's still entirely possible that it would have been discovered, whether by me or someone else. In fact, I think some non-zoners had been there already, as there were some unknown (to me) names on the record tables when I looked at them afterward.

Do you see what I'm getting at KIGO? I'm not trying to have a go. I'm just trying to show that this was something completely unpredictable, and that neither one of us can claim that it would not have been found without any one of either of our actions, just because we were both there at the time.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    kanar - for hosting Avalon, the reason I tried to log on.
    Sony - for causing the servers to be down when I tried to log on, but was unable.
    ericd7m - for posting a TDR rev video beforehand, which made me want to try the method in time trial while I was waiting to be able to log on for Avalon.
    I wouldnt see it like that at all. Thats a very linear way of thinking.

Bit like driving to a destination, one of the passenger(s) in the car makes you take an alternate route by any form of force, nagging, distraction, whatever, and on that alternate route you find a really nice old school restaurant there. Now if you didnt take that alternate route, doesnt mean that that restaurant was not ever there or not, it just was never discovered till the moment it was. But if it wasnt for that 3rd party influence of one of the passenger(s) in the car, the accidental discovery would of never been found. Thats what i am saying here. The driver had the control of where to go, but there was a 3rd party influence in there that altered the series of events, which resulted in the chance discovery. Yes its possible it was discovered by other people earlier, but (in the Syncopia Glitch) no one ever caused the glitch in the game. The glitch in the game is just a bug that came out of the end product of the game. Bound to be discovered at any given time, or not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Now, I've been doing some racing on Syncopia. It was fun, a bit dark perhaps and there could have been a few more weapon pads... How about the other 3 Pure Four tracks? Has anyone here been lucky enough to race on any of those? There are names listed on the global tables in the game. One could wonder how those names got there...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Is there also times related to the names ? If not, that means no one never races those tracks on tt/sl/sr/multi modes ! Which don't means that it will never happens !

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

I suppose hosting an eliminator match on syncopia would be interesting... it would be like an endurance race towards 100 points (or whatever the minimum is) 20 laps for 5 points per lap and extra HP for BRs when going over the line.

Yeah IH8YOU created a 600 point Elim on Syncopia (offline I think). It's basically a massive endurance race

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Was talking to Anthony about that, absolute minimum laps you can do on eliminator is 50 laps on Syncopia. upwards of 200laps.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Is there also times related to the names ? If not, that means no one never races those tracks on tt/sl/sr/multi modes ! Which don't means that it will never happens !
    Here's registered times that I found:

Mallavol Speedlap Venom 1 time
    Mallavol Single Race Flash 1 time

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Bit like driving to a destination, one of the passenger(s) in the car makes you take an alternate route by any form of force, nagging, distraction, whatever, and on that alternate route you find a really nice old school restaurant there.
    That's a fine analogy, but it isn't equivalent to what happened here. The driver can accidentally take the wrong turn as a direct results of his actions, whether intentional or not, which may have been caused by a passenger action. I can accept that all day long. But in this case, I didn't do anything wrong like a wrong turn. I hit the X button to get back into TDR rev, and a random glitch in the game caused me to end up on Syncopia. To be equivalent with your analogy, the driver would have to be talking to his passengers, and then a restaurant would have to suddenly pop up in front of them.

Also, I'm not saying the things I listed were what caused it. I said that, even if your logic made sense, then there is any number of things that could contribute, and you can in no way tell the extent of the influence of any one of those things. So you can't be 'sure' to any extent.

If you can't see what I'm getting at by now then it's probably best to just agree to disagree.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    Here's registered times that I found:

Mallavol Speedlap Venom 1 time
    Mallavol Single Race Flash 1 time
    Interesting ! Maybe something to dig here !

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    it's probably best to just agree to disagree.
    Agreed.