Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Syncopia/Pure Four Time Trial Glitch

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

I had the chance to enter Syncopia SL last night, but missed it ...
    Here´s what I did (was not able to replicate it afterwards, though):
    1. 3 or 4 goes at Zone at Tech De Ra REV, using Triakis.
    2. Checked my score globally + Friends records.
    3. Went to the menu-screen.
    4. Checked the Leaderboards.
    5. Back to the menu-screen.
    6. Went to smoke a cigaret (maybe not very important!)
    7. When I got back, I had to press the x-button to "get rid" of the pause-screen.
    8. Then I went to Speed Lap (Rapier) to have a go at Tech De Ra REV: And it said Syncopia (where TDR REV was supposed to be)! I got a little confused, not thinking about the glitch, and entered TDR FW - immediately recognizing, I had "missed my chance"

Tried desperately to make it happen again, but with no luck.

EDIT! A Wipeout-friend asked me to elaborate a bit on the circumstances of (almost) getting to Syncopia. To replicate the glitch, I find it very important to get as much details as possible, so here´s a brainstorm (some input might be important, some might not, but if we collect enough data, we might be able to be speedlapping at Syncopia when ever we want!):

a) A DVD in the PS3-drive (Scooby-Doo if you really want to know!)
    b) No USB devices connected - except the chord for the controller, which was not connected to the controller.
    c) I started out doing Phantom Speed Laps and Time Trials at TDR REV (different ships), then Rapier SL and TL at TDR REV (Icaras+), then having 3 or 4 goes at Zone at TDR REV (Triakis). After that the possibility to enter Syncopia (see above).
    d) I started out with Auto Assist turned ON (a left over from my son playing earlier! Lol). Turned it OFF, when starting my own sessions.
    e) Games played before "almost going to Syncopia": Wipeout HD, some Mod Racing Nation Demo, Tekken 5, then I took over to play some Wipeout.
    f) The PS3 had been turned on for several hours that day.
    g) I´m "always on" (wireless) - I can´t say if I - without my knowledge - was disconnected from PSN at any time (I sometimes do, but not very often).
    Last edited by JJPAP; 2nd June 2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: More details

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

I managed to get in one today at venom speeds. Here is what I did:

1. Selected SL Phantom and put cursor over Tech De Ra reverse
    2. Backed out and went to online badges
    3. hit back button to view friends and back out to main menu
    4. Went into records and looked at chengou project personal global and friends.
    5. Hit back button to view friends again, returnet to main menu
    6. Went into racebox and pressed X and back button at the same time on SL venom
    7. Syncopia was available.

Happened the first time I did this but haven't replicated it. It may only be once per Wipeout session. Ill reboot wipeout and see what happens.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by concrete_d View Post
    So is this the first time the glitch has worked in multiplayer?
    I think so dude. I've checked most of the posts here and no one mentioned it happened to them while online. Arabian_Online elaborated everything he did before we encoutered this, i will read it again and post the details.

We may have a never-seen-before case here!

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Thumbs up Syncopia ROOOLS

Just been playing it online phantom Single Races with a room full of WZ pilots. Its awesome, no weapons though but still, thanks to IH8YOU sending me a PSN message notifying me of the glitch'd room with Sycopia loaded onto it. You can imagine my surprise. I was in a video chat with Andybob35 when I received IH8YOU's message, and Andy and I both decided to join in straght away.

The scores show up on the ranking tables also, another first

IH8YOU may have discovered a way to replicate the Syncopia Glitch. Maybe not. It's still very much a trial and error thing. But one can hope

The room is open right now, if you're reading this, what you doing here? Go get something special outta this game GO ONLINE!!!

No doubt, videos of tonights fantastic experience with Syncopia (the Forbidden Fruit) will be posted by some of us

Time for bed and AG dreams...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Although I haven't been able to replicate this myself, yet, [mainly because I'm not feeling to well and can't concentrate ] I think Leungbok might of got the procedure to get into Syncopia down to a fine art, that's if the video he sent me today is any sort of tutorial.
    Although certainly not as cut & dry as selecting things normally, it just seems it's just learning the correct sequence and entering it in quickly enough.
    I'll guess he will post it up for general consumption when he's ready.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

i'm waiting feedback from the people who i sent the video ! To see if they succeed before i release it !
    You can see that as a teaser
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R9BIY2eeAE

Blackwiggle, you were not supposed to reveal that before the promotion campaign be ready

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

well my interested is piqued! *eagerly awaits*

I had a glitch last night where it wouldn't display or let me select TDR(R), but I couldn't recreate it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@amplicated, i think that bug is linked to the syncopia's one. I imagine it depends where your cursor was before you entered a new screen (ship's choice or racebox mode).

Quote Originally Posted by JJPAP View Post
    a) A DVD in the PS3-drive (Scooby-Doo if you really want to know!)
    The animated serial or the movie ? All can be important, mate !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

It seems like a few people now know how this works! I watched your video Leungbok but I still can´t get Syncopia to emerge. Probably because I'm doing it wrong... Should I press the direction pad in a certain direction directly after pressing the circle button on the ship selection screen? In your video you get Syncopia to emerge right after the race type selection screen. How was that possible?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I finally managed to play Syncopia in a venom SL (<3 Leungbok), and it took me ages to get working. I was mainly just selecting TDR<, pressing up and back down to reselect it before going to the ship screen and pressing O to go back and repeat. Eventually it said "Syncopia"

I tried again afterwards for rapier but I couldn't get it to work after a few minutes' worth of attempts, so I gave up. However, I imagine it should work with relatively high-ish frequency using the method in leungbok's video.

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Very nice video, Leung!

I'm hosting a syncopia phantom game now if anyone sees this.

What I did was select TDR R, quickly up+down... then go back into the 'Edit Settings' option and hope it's on Syncopia. Managed to pull it off 3 times in 5 minutes!

EDIT: Right, session is over! Might still be hosted by others though. It's funny how all the zoners and prominent wipers came out of the woodwork suddenly... the word must've spread like wildfire! The leaderboards looking good now too. (especially with me at rank 3 for now *cough*)
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 22nd June 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

I did it, i managed to get to Syncopia! Selected TRD REV up + down and here we go!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Was just in the online room with Woopzilla, mate Andybob gave me the heads up about the room, was the first time ever ive been on Syncopia (not in zone mode), room was full of Icarus Fury ships, did match with the theme of the track i gotta say. Even had a moment to record a video since i had my mobile phone next to me, video came out pretty grainy. But tell you what the magenta theme is amazing mixed with the hot pink Icarus fury and the ruby red ion trails.

I remember the moment the Syncopia glitch was discovered, i was talking to Chris (SaturnReturn) in a msn chatbox and my distraction caused the mishap of the discovery of the glitch, lol. Was back at the start of the year sometime. Quite amazing. Ill post my video on the video thread.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Finally got some good races in on Syncopia today thanks to Woopzilla! I also managed to snatch #4 global record. I don't know if I'll ever break 1:50.xx.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm just waiting for the first person to post a glitched time on the glitched track

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Quote Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
    What I did was select TDR R, quickly up+down...
    It works(at least once),though you will be hearing "Tech De Ra" many times
    Argh!I missed the chance by pressing up when Syncopia was available!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

i joined by accident your races yesterday Woopzilla!
    having a phantom race at Syncopia was a little weird but fun at the same time

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Unctuous View Post
    Finally got some good races in on Syncopia today thanks to Woopzilla! I also managed to snatch #4 global record. I don't know if I'll ever break 1:50.xx.
    Course you will, it's early days yet

Got the current mp WR on film I think, and a shedload of other vids from the past 2 days. You're all famous
    ...well, you will be once my prehistoric broadband lets me upload the vids

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Who was hosting this and how did they get it to work on MP? Still can't get it to work for me yet.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Don't know who set up yesterday but the day before it was IH8YOU who set up a couple of rooms and left them running. Works in the same way as offline.

Haven't heard of a Single Race yet but I know people have accessed Multiplayer Single Race, Speed Lap, Time Trial and Eliminator (without weapon pads )