Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Syncopia/Pure Four Time Trial Glitch

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I go away for a few days and miss out on all the fun? Argh, damn it, I'd love to get my teeth into Syncopia

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Yesterday Cat was trying to get into TT but the first what seemed to be a succesful attempt appeared to be a futile one.. Syncopia showed up and was selected but still locked!

I've taken 2 pictures to show the differences between a usable attempt to unlock it and a failed one. As far as I have seen it's in the selection icon showing (or not) the direction arrows and the evident lock overlaying the track layout.

Fail: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/alb...pictureid=2274

Succes: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/alb...pictureid=2275

I think it's interesting the thumbnail preview of the track still shows Tech de Ra..

Has anyone disclosed the method to use Syncopia online yet?

Cheers!

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

It's the same as offline. I've managed hosted it 4 times now.

You select TDR R and do the usual moving about.. then just go back into 'edit settings' and keep going at it.

So far, each of my succeses have been within 5 minutes of trying... I've never been successful when it has taken longer.

And this might be totally misleading but: I've not once managed to select it online during the day. I've tried for 15-30 (!) minutes in 3 consecutive days... all 3 attempts failed. But when I tried again in the evening on those same days, it worked within 5 minutes... probably just a coincidence? I can't see how time could affect this... probably just (bad) luck.
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 27th June 2010 at 03:13 AM.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Hey I can see myself in those pics!

That's weird though AnE, whenever I've seen syncopia appear, it has been accessible, regardless of whether the arrows are there or not.
    So with the failed one, even if you highlight Syncopia will it not give you access?

Yeah from what I've heard (French/Canadian sources) if it doesn't work within 5 minutes, just quit the racebox all the way back to the main menu, then start again. Not sure if it's necessary but if it doesn't work for me I do a couple of laps somewhere else, then enter racebox again. Got it about 6x during a brief session last night, as opposed to 2x in about 4hrs first time around.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I've had what AnErare is talking about happen to me as well. Syncopia stays locked even if you click on it.

In fact if you select TDR>, it still has the Syncopia track displayed in the upper right, but it will still do TDR> if you choose to play it.

Perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhaps... that may be part of the key to finding Mallavol and the others

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Am I the only one who can't do this? I've tried many times, but no luck.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but I've only just managed to unlock it in single player in the last week. And hello again, its been a while....

Recently been getting back into the game, done quite a bit of zoning. The first time I unlocked Syncopia I'd just done Corridon, Syncopia and Pro Tozo in zone mode and then went to TT and 2nd time I tried it worked. Think it was at rapier speed (i'm obviously missing a couple of BRs per lap as I'm about 5 seconds off the pace but enjoyable none the less.

The next time I got in at flash speed. Again I had been doing zone beforehand. Not 100% sure of the courses though. I've tried subsequently at venom speed (no joy yet) and phantom speed (got it to show up but it was locked so wouldn't allow me to play it. But I'll keep trying.

What I wanted to know is there a definite method of getting it as in what you press to get it to work ?? Would love to get the other pro4 tracks as well. Spent so much time on them in zone would be interesting to try them at time trial.

Hope to be about over the weekend for some avalon, its been too long properly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

PSN ID
    omracer

theres proof of syncopia online. i foudn it when watching the above video.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I finally managed to get into Syncopia for a Phantom Speed Lap this morning. Haven't had any luck getting into it again though...

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Quote Originally Posted by omracer View Post
    theres proof of syncopia online. i foudn it when watching the above video.
    That's exactly why he posted the video.. And why it has been mentioned before.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Thanks very much for that Leungbok. Very interesting. The method I use is pretty much identical to that.

Looks like I've just got to keep at it !!

Do you reckon the same method will work on rev Modesto, rev Ampi and Rev Talons to get the other Pure 4 tracks ?? Has anyone actually tried that ??

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yes, with various other tracks and everytime it's tech de ra reverse which disappears ! And you're not on the empty slot to go on syncopia

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I started an offline eliminator race on Syncopia yesterday. It was kind of a special experience since there are no weapon pads on this track. The only way to get points was trying to do as many laps as possible. Unfortunately, the AI-ships are impossible to beat on this track because they get more points per lap (7) then the player does (5). The only way to win would be to lap them all several times which doesn't seem possible because there is a rubber band effect on the AI. If you race really fast with several barrel rolls and a tight race line the distance is still constant, as if they would have been racing in the same speed. It was fun to try anyway.
    I also tried a single race in phantom speed against the Elite AI. I actually won on the first try! I don't know if that was because I already know the track really well. Anyway, it was fun to do a weapons off race.
    Has anyone come up with an idea of how to beat the AI in eliminator on this track? From my experience it doesn't seem possible to lap them and weapons are kind of scarce...
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 11th August 2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling