Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Syncopia/Pure Four Time Trial Glitch

Timezone
    GMT -5

Saturn - that seems about right.

I need to head into work right now - but when I get home I'll fire up my digital camera and record my hands / screen to find out exactly what I'm doing to get into Syncopia.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Many thanks - looking forward to it. I've given this a few more tries myself but still no luck. Hopefully the video will let everyone have the chance to race this track. I doubt online will ever work given the method of getting there, but wonder about speed lap and single race.

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Now that would be cool (or sad?) if weapon pads appeared on the track after glitching it into a Single Race... it would be a clear indication that they previously thought of making it a race map but decided against it. :/

Anyway, I've tried messing around a little and couldn't get it to work... making a video is a pretty good idea. We can then all analyze every minuscule action you perform.
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 28th February 2010 at 09:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Quote Originally Posted by Koleax View Post
    Thanks, SR! I thought this deserved its own thread, too.

F.E.I.S.A.R., could you tell me how you were able to reproduce that other bug with 100% success rate? I might be able to mess around with it from then on and it could be related to this Syncopia TT glitch.
    Koleax,although you can change selections after selecting the track,the track you have chosen(Amphi to Vineta K,Amphi will be chosen) is the one that will be played.I think I have quite "fast" reaction times.Sorry for the undue enthusiasm.Got to experiment more to find out.Maybe this may also be the case for the ships as well?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

Alright so I almost got this glitch now.
    I wasn't actually trying to get the glitch though

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ztezgw.jpg
    Note the lock on the track and no option of starting it

What I did before was play a single racebox race on phantom elite, using icaras fury with standard colours on TDR rev.
    After finishing first I just switched to time trial, didn't do any fast clicking through menus or anything like that.

Edit: I wasn't able to reproduce this.
    Btw, I'm using custom soundtrack.
    Last edited by LurifaxFlux; 2nd March 2010 at 04:47 PM.

Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

That's pretty cool... a lock icon on it? Maybe it was planned to be a race track after all.

Did you do anything before playing single race? So far it seems the only confirmed ship is Icaras Fury.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

That single race was the first thing I did when I started Wipeout, before I started Wipeout I was playing GT5: Prologue (disc version), I ejected the disc while starting up Wipeout, and the first thing I did when starting the PS3 was to play Final Fantasy VII on HDD.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Seeing those screenshots really makes me miss the "virtual" courses in the Pure expansion packs. Not the green-and-blue ones, but the add-on tracks: Altima VII, Vohl Square, etc. I can't remember if they were supposed to be actual artificial courses constructed inside colored domes, or if they were VR-like simulators.

It would be fun to race the Zone tracks like that.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Say,SaturnReturn,how long was your game time?(found on gamesave)
    And have you completed the Fury campaign?
    I think that the Pure Four tracks had(note "had") "real life" versions of themselves,but they were not fully rendered.(like the prototype tracks in Wip3out,excluding the JPN version).
    Possible scenarios
    Syncopia:set in the outskirts of a city
    Coridon 12:some disused highway,expressway that loops,also possible that it surrounds buildings in a city
    Mallavol:Some test track
    Pro Tozo:Just cannot think of a possible scenario.Maybe some speedway that has a lot of banks?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I did complete the Fury campaign in the end. I only did on Novice though, apart from one silver medal on skilled or elite on some Detonator challenge I think.

Game time is 766 hours 52 minutes 07 seconds.

Why do you ask? Do you think it matters to the glitch?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

766h, thats insane lol xD
    I have 74h "only" ;P

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

o_O that's like 250hrs more than me o_O

Standing here impressed

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, yeldar

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

methinks yeldar is closer to the 2500 hours!

No surprises there.

PSN ID
    Wotan998

Eh eh , i have the same game time than you sat . When i saw that on my ps3 , i was so affraid ... it's about nearly one month playing since two years

@yeldar : maybe you forgot your game time with conor-buckley account ? ... :-

Oh yeah you're right, I forgot to add that one.
    Should I add everyone else's duplicate account(s) as well? You know, just to make it fair...?

Aaaanyway: Does the nice lady say syncopia or does it just show syncopia on the screen and she says TDRR or just it vary?
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 5th March 2010 at 11:28 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yeah, I think most of us could actually have a commercial pilots license if we applied our Wipeout time to actual flight training.

Matter of a fact, we likely would have enough air time to be Astronauts.

About that glitch bit - haven't even fired up the PS3 all week thanks to work. I promise to return and document what I'm doing.

For the record - have not completed fury campaign, did get the "pure 4" trophy, selected HD ships only, PS3 was left running before hand (listening to the rain on the Flower main screen as background noise)

Display 1080P LCD via HDMI. Audio 5.1 via TOSLINK. Controller - airbrakes L1, R1, Mic R2, Look Back L2, O=Fire, X=Go, [] = Absorb, /\ = Inv / EMP, R3 = Change View. Airbrakes 70%, Accel 10%, View - Chase (far), Audio - Custom, Audio Effects ON, Bass Boost 80%, Screen Size Default, PSN Status - glitch worked whether I was signed in or out. PS3: 80GB "Fat" PS3, purchased after the Slim PS3 was released (didn't like the slim, so found a new 80GB)

That's all I can remember for now. I hope it wasn't a one-time thing.

Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Off topic: Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who once loaded up Flower and ended up just listening to the 'misty looking' menu.

On topic: I've been having no luck with the bug. Although, I can confirm that my TDR R has disappeared before and I have completed the Fury Campaign and have all it's trophies. Only thing that isn't 100% complete is that I still need to complete 5 detonator events on Elite. Modesto Heights, Modesto Heights R, Corridon 12 and Tech De Ra R and Syncopia. These were only done on Novice.

I guess we're sort of groping in the dark here, throwing out all our specs out and stuff. I have a 40gb Fat.
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 5th March 2010 at 12:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

yeldar - answer to that question from my experience is in the first post of this thread. I thought it was an important detail.