Thread: WipEout clone games (PC/Consoles)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default WipEout clone games (PC/Consoles)

I've maked a search, but I don't have found nothing about this...
    The Dan Locke's intervention in G-Speed's thread has created a desire to know how many WipEout clones are available for PC/other consoles.
    I know only these:

HoverAce (PC - 2002)

Official game website: http://www.gsc-game.com/english/hoverace/index.php

Totally different from WipEout games, but not average like the other clones.
    Upgradable ships (weapon shops and similars), decent track design and great graphic engine (but please remember that this game was released in 2002).
    Two weak points:

- the soundtrack is not that great;
    - multiplayer mode not available in any way;
    - is very rare to find.

I've found my copy into a stock-pc games shop...

The other game is this:

Safari Biathlon (PC)

Absolutely average!
    But I gotta admit that this game is not a total crap at the end, 'cause is a very old PC game...the graphic is basic, soundtrack is sufficient if you look this game under the old-game's view, but the racing engine is...a crap!
    The demo is free to download, but the license has a cost of 5 dollars.
    I know this game bacause I've got the italian CD Rom version, called "Wild Racing".

MegaRace 3 (PC/PS2 - 2002)

Who doesn't know MegaRace?
    This game is indeed a WipEout clone, but the quality is between sufficiency and mediocrity...Personally I find this game simpatic, but I think that exists a lot of games better that this one...

EDIT: Someone knows how are games like "Powerdrome" (PC/PS2/XBox) and Extreme G3 (sorry, I know that this game is famous but I've never played)?
    Last edited by XpanDrome2097; 25th February 2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Images completely removed