Thread: WipEout clone games (PC/Consoles)

Default WipEout clone games (PC/Consoles)

I've maked a search, but I don't have found nothing about this...
    The Dan Locke's intervention in G-Speed's thread has created a desire to know how many WipEout clones are available for PC/other consoles.
    I know only these:

HoverAce (PC - 2002)

Official game website: http://www.gsc-game.com/english/hoverace/index.php

Totally different from WipEout games, but not average like the other clones.
    Upgradable ships (weapon shops and similars), decent track design and great graphic engine (but please remember that this game was released in 2002).
    Two weak points:

- the soundtrack is not that great;
    - multiplayer mode not available in any way;
    - is very rare to find.

I've found my copy into a stock-pc games shop...

The other game is this:

Safari Biathlon (PC)

Absolutely average!
    But I gotta admit that this game is not a total crap at the end, 'cause is a very old PC game...the graphic is basic, soundtrack is sufficient if you look this game under the old-game's view, but the racing engine is...a crap!
    The demo is free to download, but the license has a cost of 5 dollars.
    I know this game bacause I've got the italian CD Rom version, called "Wild Racing".

MegaRace 3 (PC/PS2 - 2002)

Who doesn't know MegaRace?
    This game is indeed a WipEout clone, but the quality is between sufficiency and mediocrity...Personally I find this game simpatic, but I think that exists a lot of games better that this one...

EDIT: Someone knows how are games like "Powerdrome" (PC/PS2/XBox) and Extreme G3 (sorry, I know that this game is famous but I've never played)?
    Last edited by XpanDrome2097; 25th February 2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Images completely removed

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

i'm not sure about powerdrome as i've never played it. however i can tell you that extreme G3 isn't a wipeout clone. it's more like f-zero then anything else. i play it every now and again although XGRA is my favorite from the franchise

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Moderator Message

Images in the first post total more than 50kB. Please shrink them so they fit within forum limits.

Thanks.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

I really like the Extreme-G series but the first 2 are totally different from 3, which is really great but short, and XGRA, which is infuriatingly difficult midway through the game and then becomes wayyyyyyyyyyyy too easy.

IIRC I had to stab 3 people with my side-mounted laser blades to death, then I got this awesome weapon that killed anyone. Kind of dumb.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

XGRA is an amazing game, it needs a new iteration if you ask me. Still bring it to my gaming get togethers with buddies.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

I remember Powerdrome for Xbox, but never really got into it.